The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Messing around this afternoon and did some Ulduar.

We're going to try and get a Saturday group setup to try and get the 10 man drake. Should take a couple of weeks as a lot of us haven't done Freya or anything past that and I don't think anyone in the group has done Yogg yet.

Today we've done FL with 2 towers up (only did two towers as we had 8 people in the raid at that time). Tried the Razorscale achievement but someone in the raid didn't know (they joined seconds before and AOEd all the adds down :mrgreen:. Did Ignis under 4 minutes easily.

Then we tried XT hard modes, first tried 2 man healing it with me on my pala + a shaman and bloody hell, when hard mode is activated the tantrums are bloody impossible to heal through. We then got another shaman DPS to switch to healing and went down to 1 tank to make up that extra DPS and downed him on the first try after that (Despite losing one of our best DPS early on). Having only one pala makes that fight hard without the extra Divine Sacrifice, which made healing there managable, but only got to use that every other tantrum which made the others insane.

We then one shot Kologarn disarmed and Crazy Cat Lady and called it for now as a few people had to go and we should be picking it back up again in a few hours.

Had a lot of fun doing this to be honest, Ulduar is such a well made instance, all the encounters are fun and it says a bit that they're fairly challenging even though we largely outgear this. Huge huge props to people who did these hard modes in 219/226 gear.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun with Firefighter. : D

That's like... the 2nd awesomest fight I've experienced in Ulduar.

It would still be challenging in current gear, I'd think, since it's a combination of not being stupid and putting out good numbers.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Have fun with Firefighter. : D

That's like... the 2nd awesomest fight I've experienced in Ulduar.

It would still be challenging in current gear, I'd think, since it's a combination of not being stupid and putting out good numbers.

A real challenge in every MMORPG.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Led a Guild 10 man ICC run today on my mage.

Was fairly awesome, a lot of people there hadn't gone past Deathwhisper in 10 man and a couple of people hadn't done 10 man at all (but had done 25).

One shot the first three bosses, two shot Saurfang (first time we tried doing it with only 2 ranged dps... yeah :P).

One shot Festergut, which I think was everyone but about 3 of us first kill there which is awesome!

Then we tried dreamwalker, didn't manage to do it, had one Pala healer healing the boss and a Disc + Resto Druid healing the raid, our best attempt was 11.3M health before we called it. Going to continue on Tuesday.

Was awesome fun leading it and explaining tactics to people, all this while still continuing to do "progress" on my Pala.

Is anyone else having problems logging in since patch 3.3.3? 90% of the time I get the loading screen to 100%, and then nothing happens. All I can do is alt+F4 out and try again. The problem has been discussed heavily on both the US and EU technical forums, but nobody has been figured out what's causing it yet. Blizzard suggested all the usual (delete folders, reset connections, sacrifice a small farm animal), but nothing seems to be working for anyone.

Is anyone else having problems logging in since patch 3.3.3? 90% of the time I get the loading screen to 100%, and then nothing happens. All I can do is alt+F4 out and try again. The problem has been discussed heavily on both the US and EU technical forums, but nobody has been figured out what's causing it yet. Blizzard suggested all the usual (delete folders, reset connections, sacrifice a small farm animal), but nothing seems to be working for anyone.

yep, happening to me as well.

Tk5SF.png

It's really bizarre. How could something like this slip through the public testing? This is basically making the game unplayable for me, as I can't take any portals or boats.

Guild drama tonight which made the guild basically split in two.

The guild leader wasn't impressed with our 10 man groups (the one that lots of us from the guild have been running for a month now, she even joined for a couple) due to stupid reasons. She was just being too unreasonable. The most active officer left, as did about 8 other people. Wouldn't surprise me if more people will have left by tomorrow at some point (ones that weren't on tonight).

Shouldn't stop our 10 man progress at all (we made awesome Sindragosa progress tonight, should easily have her down next week, especially with the 10% buff). as all but maybe two guild members from that group have left that guild and joined our new breakaway one (the other weren't on).

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Guild drama was always the stupidest thing. 99% of the time it was pretty much "waaaah I didn't get the item I wanted because of X, Y and Z. QQ i'm leaving this terrible guild". That being said most of those loot rules seemed like they were just a catalyst for guild drama, such as "loot council" or even DKP. I must have been the only person in the world who wanted to just deal with a standard [bleep]ing roll, no bull because there is no perfect way to figure out who "deserves" the item. If you can use it and it's an upgrade, roll (end of story).

I remember my guild having a bit of drama in it, nothing I really cared about though. I joined off and on so much anyways that it didn't matter.

This had been brewing up for a couple of weeks and just consists of the Guild Leader being unreasonable and just doing whatever it takes to get her own way. She obviously had problems with us doing well in our own group (which wasn't an enclosed group like she says it is, everyone had an equal chance to join and it was originally just a bunch of us messing around on a Friday night in places like OS). We even had to decent 10 man guild run this week (they got Rotface down, although I did help and raid lead everything up to Rotface on Sunday). So her argument about it ruining the guild was terrible.

We will have to see what happens tomorrow when the servers are back up and see the fallout form the rest of it, wouldn't surprise me if the old guild either disbands completely or gets set a long way back because of this. (Those of us that left were basically the ones that turned up to every raid, out geared everyone else and ended up boosting a lot of people). The people in the guild were awesome and still are, however the guild itself just didn't work which is a shame.

Oh well, hopefully our new guild will work well. We're hoping to do ICC10 in two days (Friday/Monday) then have the Tuesday evening to either set up our own ICC25 pug, or do ToGC10 or mess around with Ulduar HMs or something. Or maybe even an alt ICC run, we'll have to see what we feel like each week.

Still having a lot of trouble logging in :(

In other news, a guildmate of mine spent the past week killing Booty Bay pirates for at least four hours a day. He got three hyacinth macaw cages, sold them for 34k total.

Bloody hell, aren't they meant to be one of the rarest items in the game too?

Bought myself 264 tanking boots using Frost EMblems from my mage, awesome. Still need to upgrade my amulet (only 232 thing left, ugh) but other than that my gear is looking awesome.

pkfrlg123.png

It's been some time since ive last posted here...

Anyways, Im level 66 right now, and enjoying my time here. Im right now doing quests in terokkar forest (I dont care if they are too low levelled for me!). I also chose the Marksmanship talent tree, however I switch to my second spec (BM) whenever Im attempting a group quest alone. It's funny how easily it is to fight elites with the BM spec, I usually just laugh, then I see that Im OOM and another add comes in....

The thing that I didn't expect, though, is the levelling speed in this game. Im used with the grindingly slow process of levelling in Runescape, but here it's damn quick. I really expected myself to never get to the Wotlk content, but Im a few levels away from that... I feel proud of myself ;) .

Anyways, out of curiosity: for pug in City Chat for ICC, Im seriously wondering what do they have as the minimum requirements for gear....

PS: is the jump in item level from BC to Wrath as big as what it was from vanilla to BC? I remember staring at the rewards from Hellfire peninsula in awe....

PPS: What's the hit cap? I have a rough idea of what it is, and Im wondering what's the hitcap is for me.

Damn, I have lots of questions :rolleyes:

22031_s.gif

Did mount hyjal with 11 people, half of us (the low-mid 70's) died and 5 80's finished archimonde by themselves lmao.

Pity most of the gear wasn't an upgrade, was allowed to need anything but not much came up.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It's funny how easily it is to fight elites with the BM spec, I usually just laugh, then I see that Im OOM and another add comes in....

I hope you're switching to aspect of the viper when you're oom ;)

Big mistake most hunters make :P

Aye, I do, I tend to use AotV a lot, seeing that I switch to it when Im picking up loot in between fights.

22031_s.gif

No more hunter OOM when Cataclysm hits =D

I love Blizzard.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Aren't hunters screwed in PvP already? Oh and I love Blizzard because of their aprils fool joke. Brilliant.

Retired

Aren't hunters screwed in PvP already? Oh and I love Blizzard because of their aprils fool joke. Brilliant.

Hunters are overpowered as [bleep] in PvP at the moment.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I basically steamroll people on whatever toon I play. It's a shame that I don't have any PvP gear on my only 80 (Vandir, Eitrigg, USA). I said in my guild chat that I needed some Furious to start Arena up, and if anyone wanted to do it with me. Some 12-year-old on Vent tells me that "Vandir, Arena's only for really good players. It's really hard." That 12-year-old never got past a 1500 rating. Blarg.

Also, I'm getting kinda bored of PvE. I'm a tank without a DPS set, and, because I was gone for 3 months, my gear is craptastic compared to my guild's ICC/Frost Emblem gear. I tanked VoA with them last night, but nothing good dropped for me.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

I basically steamroll people on whatever toon I play. It's a shame that I don't have any PvP gear on my only 80 (Vandir, Eitrigg, USA). I said in my guild chat that I needed some Furious to start Arena up, and if anyone wanted to do it with me. Some 12-year-old on Vent tells me that "Vandir, Arena's only for really good players. It's really hard." That 12-year-old never got past a 1500 rating. Blarg.

Also, I'm getting kinda bored of PvE. I'm a tank without a DPS set, and, because I was gone for 3 months, my gear is craptastic compared to my guild's ICC/Frost Emblem gear. I tanked VoA with them last night, but nothing good dropped for me.

steamroll people in what? BGs? world pvp? arena is totally different from that