The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with shadow, seriously as a DK I cannot even outdamage their HoT >.>, prenerf of course, I might be able to take away a few twigs this time, but their damage shield will probably kill me before I get them to 50%.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Right, I'm getting ready to hit Outland with my main, a BM hunter: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&cn=Ragnus&gn=Stonefoot+Clan

I'm currently working on Argent Dawn rep, and already have the sigils for these pants (just need 4.5k more rep), and I need to do a trip to Dire Maul to pick up this trinket.

Are there any essential pieces of gear I should pick up before I head through the portal at 58, or is it good enough?

I'm thinking of rolling a healer, either a druid or a shaman, any tips?

druid are the best raid heals in the game

shamans suck... but id roll a dwarf one

I'm beginning to think druids are just about best heals for anything. I've been leveling one for the last couple months and loving it. It's funny because I had played every other class before starting this druid and now it's my favorite class. In pvp I'm almost always top heals even if I queue low levels of the bracket.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Laurenallu

Right, I'm getting ready to hit Outland with my main, a BM hunter: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&cn=Ragnus&gn=Stonefoot+Clan

I'm currently working on Argent Dawn rep, and already have the sigils for these pants (just need 4.5k more rep), and I need to do a trip to Dire Maul to pick up this trinket.

Are there any essential pieces of gear I should pick up before I head through the portal at 58, or is it good enough?

Not really, the Outland gear usually replaces it pretty quickly. D;

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm beginning to think druids are just about best heals for anything. I've been leveling one for the last couple months and loving it. It's funny because I had played every other class before starting this druid and now it's my favorite class. In pvp I'm almost always top heals even if I queue low levels of the bracket.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Laurenallu

i also want a resto druid endgame, but i was lvling as feral tank because of how most low lvl tanks are kinda [developmentally delayed]ed

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Borean+Tundra&n=Paramedique

A waste, within the first few quests in Outland you'll have better gear for pretty much every slot.

So I have been doing pretty well with my characters. My Warrior main's up to 43 now. I like my Warrior because he is so self-reliant, with his bandages and armor and damage-dealing capabilities the Fury brings, and this makes questing really easy and good for me. I think a Paladin would probably be better for this, but I'll stick with him. My main would've been higher, but I made tons of alts. So in addition to my main, I have a level 22 Druid, a level 20 Mage, and a level 16 Rogue. I've been playing around with them, and they're pretty fun and refreshing from the same old grind. My Druid is in the Feral tree for leveling, but I might spec out, since I think the damage of a Rogue beats the damage that a Kitty Druid would ever do, so I might try Balance or something. I'm not sure though. My mage is Fire specced just because I like those crits and high amounts of damage. My Rogue is going Combat for leveling. So that's what I have so far.

I'm on the Madoran server by the way, if anyone plays there. Warrior: Rushrock, Druid: Dimetre, Mage: Aaren, Rogue: Varjo.

Fairly awesome day today.

Had enough stone keepers shards on my Paladin to get 50k honour which got me a 264 spell power cape (might be PvP but much better than my 219 one). Also ran VoA10 and got Tier 10 tanking legs :thumbsup:.

Did VoA10 on my mage too and got enough frost emblems for my 264 cape, huge improvement over my 213 cape.

Also when the daily random hc resets in a few hours I'll have enough frost emblems on my Paladin to get me my stamina trinket! Woo!

Finally got my druid to 80 and I really like healing on him. I've gone straight from blues and greens to heroics and it's not hard to heal at all. It's really boring and actually just want to finish a gearset so I can get into 25-mans. And no, it's not because the tanks are uber geared or the DPS are uber geared so fights are short, they generally do about 1.5k-2.5k DPS and tanks are usually between 20k and 30k hp. I also got a few little achievements on my mage.

bebz1l.jpg

34j9dzr.jpg

24cfrm9.jpg

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Congrats on your feat. Its quite a time consuming achievement. Are you an engineer, or did you buy the chopper? I know right now our guild is doing laviathan every week in order to get the mats to make one for a guildie...i might just give in and buy a travelers tundra though since the parts have such a bad drop rate :)

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Congrats on your feat. Its quite a time consuming achievement. Are you an engineer, or did you buy the chopper? I know right now our guild is doing laviathan every week in order to get the mats to make one for a guildie...i might just give in and buy a travelers tundra though since the parts have such a bad drop rate :)

I'm not an engineer but we got a bunch in our guild so I just got them to buy the parts that I couldn't. 12.5k gold, 12 Titansteel Bars, 40 Cobalt Bolts, 2 Arctic Fur. :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I decided to work on my leatherworking a bit, and I ended up getting from 280 to 320 tonight. I'll be wearing the Felscale armour set soon, all patched up with Knothide Armor Kits. I'll be heading into Northrend soon, just long enough to pick up grand master skinning.

6 months ago is what? Just before ToC fully came out, so yeah I imagine you only have a few bits of 232 and 245 if that.

Just run HCs to get triumph gear and then run ToC10/25 for upgrades on that + VoA of course.

Finally got to run ICC10 last night, did the first 4 bosses with only two wipes, one on Lady Deathwhisper as all the melee DPS died... (The ranged DPS had got her shield down to 50k lol). One on Saurfang as two ranged were dead.

Got myself a 251 belt (had 245 HC one before) and that's it, lost rolls on the neck from Saurfang and the bracers from Deathwhisper :(.

I topped DPS for all fights I believe, which is fairly good as none of those fights are really mage friendly =P, was a good group and we probably could have cleared more but we had 2 Pugs with us one of which was a tank who decided to leave after the first 4 bosses, we then couldn't find a replacement =/.

Hopefully can run that on a weekly basis now, which would be nice, not only for frost emblems but for gear too =P.

My new guild has started doing 25 mans now, which sucks for me as I get DCed when doing them, luckily switching ISP on Monday so should be fine to raid from then on :)

Decided to make a bank mule character and am now attempting to "play" the auctionhouse using auctioneer. Started with 200g, hopefully should be making a healthy profit soon :D

Gave up on my deathknight and roll'd a shaman, level 45 atm, can't wait to get it to 80, although by the time that happens, cata would have probably been released xD

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

So, anyways.... I started playing WoW, and as a noob, I can say that this game is EXTREMELY complex.

I just bought WoW and the BC expansion, and I'm currently patching up. My main is a level 20 Night Elf Hunter, which is my favourite class after trying a few (second is druid, third is warrior). I just love my little Pet Raptor from Durotar, got him at level 10 after corpse dragging myself from Ashenvale to Durotar, and to be honest, it was worth it :) .

So, anyways, I have three questions, two of them are opinion, and one is probably a noob question:

1. What are the best primary proffessions for my class? I currently have herbalism and skinning, which helps get in quite some money, but I'm wondering if I should drop one of the skils (or both), for a production skill or two.

On a related note, do herbs and leather sell well on the auction house? I usually sell my leather to vendors, although I kept my low level herbs, and at last count I have 123 Peaceblooms, 122 Silverleaves, 81 Earthroots, 15 mageroyal, 7 briarthorn, 2 bruiseweed and 3 stranglekelp, although the number for the higher level herbs are WAY higher. So.... should I sell them on the AH?

2. What is a good talent build for a Night Elf Hunter who likes to Solo, although some raiding occassionally wouldn't hurt? As much detail as possible wouldn't hurt, as I really want to know what would be the best build to..... enhance my experience.

3. How do you get to see more of your action bar? I've seen many people in videos who have a secondary action bar on the side, and I am seriously wondering how to get that.

Also, I have to learn how to use a macro :blink:

22031_s.gif

6 months ago is what? Just before ToC fully came out, so yeah I imagine you only have a few bits of 232 and 245 if that.

Just run HCs to get triumph gear and then run ToC10/25 for upgrades on that + VoA of course.

Finally got to run ICC10 last night, did the first 4 bosses with only two wipes, one on Lady Deathwhisper as all the melee DPS died... (The ranged DPS had got her shield down to 50k lol). One on Saurfang as two ranged were dead.

Got myself a 251 belt (had 245 HC one before) and that's it, lost rolls on the neck from Saurfang and the bracers from Deathwhisper :(.

I topped DPS for all fights I believe, which is fairly good as none of those fights are really mage friendly =P, was a good group and we probably could have cleared more but we had 2 Pugs with us one of which was a tank who decided to leave after the first 4 bosses, we then couldn't find a replacement =/.

Hopefully can run that on a weekly basis now, which would be nice, not only for frost emblems but for gear too =P.

My new guild has started doing 25 mans now, which sucks for me as I get DCed when doing them, luckily switching ISP on Monday so should be fine to raid from then on :)

my gear is all about 232/245.

I'm trying to see if any of my old guildmates are playing still. It'll make it a lot easier to gear back up if I can get into a guild, even just as a social rank.

decebal, I'd stay with gathering professions until you get to max level. The money they will make you will be very very helpful as you level up. I think beast mastery is still the best soloing talent tree for hunters, although I could be wrong.

And the option to show more action bars is in your interface menu.

Tk5SF.png

Bored tonight so I did a few runs of Stratholm to get Exalted with Argent Dawn to get me the "the Argent Champion" title :). Was fairly easy to do, although I was sort of doing it in slow mode and took ~30 minutes per run but myself about 6-7 BoE Dungeon Set 1 pieces :D, nothing too exciting but oh well. Have been meaning to do this for a while and just never got around to it.

Gearing mah DK as a tank, so easy, since I get like queues in less than a second. : O

Tanking Heroics is so boring, though, since is the same stuff with like double the attention that a healer/DPS has to pay. ,_,

Did Maly for the weekly, though, and that was pretty fun, also got into a TotC run, which went smoothly. ;D

Also: Onyxia Wipe 2.0

Mod Edit: Language like that isn't exactly appropriate for this forum.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod

Pew, pew, pew, PUH - dead.

Edited by Necromagus
Inappropriate Video Removed

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I had a great night tonight. I did all of Nessingwary's quests in Nagrand solo. The Tusker fight was especially epic, as my bear finally died with ~2k HP left on Tusker. I decided to take the chance and not Feign Death to reset the fight, and Concussive Shot, which I hadn't used pretty much since getting my pet, actually ended up saving my hide (I had to scramble to pull up my spellbook when I saw my pet was down to ~200 HP). On that quest I also got level 66, which was awesome since that was the level requirement on the final piece of the Felscale Armor set a guildmate had made for me (which is also where I got the nice enchantments). The gun from the Nessingwary quests and the new armor make a massive difference in my DPS. I basically went from 450 DPS at 65 with my old gun and gear to 725 DPS at 66 with the new stuff.

Also, since nobody answered this...

So, anyways, I have three questions, two of them are opinion, and one is probably a noob question:

1. What are the best primary proffessions for my class? I currently have herbalism and skinning, which helps get in quite some money, but I'm wondering if I should drop one of the skils (or both), for a production skill or two.

On a related note, do herbs and leather sell well on the auction house? I usually sell my leather to vendors, although I kept my low level herbs, and at last count I have 123 Peaceblooms, 122 Silverleaves, 81 Earthroots, 15 mageroyal, 7 briarthorn, 2 bruiseweed and 3 stranglekelp, although the number for the higher level herbs are WAY higher. So.... should I sell them on the AH?

2. What is a good talent build for a Night Elf Hunter who likes to Solo, although some raiding occassionally wouldn't hurt? As much detail as possible wouldn't hurt, as I really want to know what would be the best build to..... enhance my experience.

3. How do you get to see more of your action bar? I've seen many people in videos who have a secondary action bar on the side, and I am seriously wondering how to get that.

1) The most obvious combination for a hunter is skinning/leatherworking, as it will allow you to make loads of different equipment. However, sticking with two gathering professions is fine too, as you can just buy gear with the money you make. Leather generally sells very well, even light leather, so put it all on the AH. Same for herbs.

2) Beastmastery is the talent tree you'll want for solo levelling. The tricky part is... the pet. There are three pet families: Ferocity, Cunning and Tenacity. Ferocity, which is what your raptor also is, is the class for PvE DPS. Cunning is a bit trickier, especially for first time players, but in the long run offers a lot of crowd control and other tricks. This is mainly for PvP. Tenacity is basically the tank class of pets, mainly gorillas, boars and bears. I strongly suggest getting one of these for solo levelling, as they'll basically act as your personal tank. I suggest getting a boar or a bear. Some important talents:

- Endurance Training: This will increase the max HP of both yourself and your pet.

- Thick Hide: This will increase the armor of your pet, and the armor bonus you get from equipment

- Improved Mend Pet: Reduces the mana cost of your Mend Pet spell, and gives a 25/50% chance to remove an effect every time it ticks. This will become incredibly useful later on.

- Spirit Bond: Allows both you and your pet to regenerate health faster, decreasing your downtime.

- Bestial Wrath: This increases your pet's damage for 10 seconds. It's also a prerequisite for...

- The Beast Within: While your pet is under the influence of Bestial Wrath, you'll cause 10% extra damage and all spells cost 20% less mana.

The build I use, and this is strictly for solo levelling, but probably not optimal for DPS in dungeons:

Endurance Training (5/5), Focused Fire (2/2), Thick Hide (3/3), Aspect Mastery (1/1), Unleashed Fury (5/5), Improved Mend Pet (2/2), Improved Mend Pet (2/2), Ferocity (5/5), Spirit Bond (2/2), Intimidation (1/1), Bestial Discipline (2/2), Frenzy (5/5), Animal Handler (2/2), Bestial Wrath (1/1), Serpent's Swiftness (5/5), Longevity (3/3), The Beast Within (1/1), Kindred Spirits (5/5), Beast Mastery (1/1).

3) In the Interface menu, simply go to the ActionBars section (in the menu of the left on the window when you click the Interface button) and tick off the extra bars that you want to use.

Making decent-ish progress in 10 mans now.

Last week did ICC10 and we cleared the first 4 bosses with only two wipes (my first time doing anything past marrowgar) on my mage. Then later in the week picked it up again, this time I tanked and we had a 3% wipe on Festergut.

This week in ToGC10 we made it to Twins, and wiped 0.1%... half the raid died at ~1.5M left so I had to solo tank it from then on, one special was change aura then the other was twins pact when they had 150k left, couldn't burn down quick enough :(

Tanked ICC10 this week, cleared the whole first 4 bosses with no wipes at all, almost one shot Festergut (40k left >_<) as I popped divine shield when he enraged but there weren't enough ticks on him to kill him, god damn it :(. Killed him on the next attempt.

Then spent an hour or so wiping on Rotface, was a new fight to everyone and not a lot of people knew the tactics. Didn't really go very well at all, we couldn't get the ooze's to form properly, for some reason they just kept dropping aggro which meant they were bouncing around all over the place.

Haven't started 25 mans yet as my internet isn't up to it, changing ISP on Wednesday which should hopefully fix the problem in time for ToC25 :D.

Haven't had any new tank loot for a while, bought myself Saronite Swordbracers, lost a roll on an amulet in ToGC10 and lost a roll in the Marrowgar tanking mace too :(. Oh well, it's my alt so I don't mind the other guy getting it as his tank is his main.

Tempted to ask if I can switch my Pala to my main though, I'm really liking tanking things, especially ICC. Haven't really had to heal much yet, just one ToC10 run and a few HCs, haven't touched 25 man healing yet. Tempted to change healing back to DPS for the time being as I got a decent upgrade to that in ICC :)