The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

The only thing they need to do with pallies is very simple....Nerf them. Specifically Ret Pallies.

Hardly. They need to make all the specs less godawfully boring.

Why would you need to nerf a Ret Paladin? ._o

Because kicking people when they're on the ground is fun.

Level 20 on the rogue now so got my mount (nice to have it at 20). Still getting used to this whole idea of "Gear score" now, seems pretty weird but a nice idea.

It is not a nice idea. At all.

The idea's fine, but the execution was terrible, mainly because most people who play WoW are [developmentally delayed]ed.

Elitist Group is better, anyway. : D

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing they need to do with pallies is very simple....Nerf them. Specifically Ret Pallies.

Level 20 on the rogue now so got my mount (nice to have it at 20). Still getting used to this whole idea of "Gear score" now, seems pretty weird but a nice idea.

The idea's fine, but the execution was terrible, mainly because most people who play WoW are [developmentally delayed]ed.

When ICC came out: "LFM for ICC25 5k Gearscore and link achievement!"

Now with 10% buff: "LFM for ICC25 first 4 bosses only, 5.5k gearscore, link 2nd wing achievement!"

It's abused to the maximum. I was playing on my druid, probably geared enough for Ulduar, maybe ToC10 but I think that's pushing it a little. These guys were looking for a group for Naxx10. NAXXRAMAS. TEN PEOPLE. I got declined, because my gearscore wasn't 5k. FOR NAXXRAMAS. One day later I solo heal Sartharion. There are so many people out there with 6k gearscore thinking it makes them pro, and anyone with lower gearscore is bad. It does ruin the game, I mean, it means nothing. I have the lowest gearscore in our guild out of all the raiders because I missed 2 months (A few people have the gearscore AddOn for lolz etc.) yet I'm still doing competetive DPS, and not at the bottom because it's the choice of item not the one with the highest iLvl.

Nadril, when you hit 80, or 85, or whenever, if you want to get into dungeons and stuff, get Underachiever and farm the f*** out of heroics until you have as much of the highest iLvl badge gear stuff as you can. It's the only way to get into raids later.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

When ICC came out: "LFM for ICC25 5k Gearscore and link achievement!"

Now with 10% buff: "LFM for ICC25 first 4 bosses only, 5.5k gearscore, link 2nd wing achievement!"

It's abused to the maximum. I was playing on my druid, probably geared enough for Ulduar, maybe ToC10 but I think that's pushing it a little. These guys were looking for a group for Naxx10. NAXXRAMAS. TEN PEOPLE. I got declined, because my gearscore wasn't 5k. FOR NAXXRAMAS. One day later I solo heal Sartharion. There are so many people out there with 6k gearscore thinking it makes them pro, and anyone with lower gearscore is bad. It does ruin the game, I mean, it means nothing. I have the lowest gearscore in our guild out of all the raiders because I missed 2 months (A few people have the gearscore AddOn for lolz etc.) yet I'm still doing competetive DPS, and not at the bottom because it's the choice of item not the one with the highest iLvl.

Nadril, when you hit 80, or 85, or whenever, if you want to get into dungeons and stuff, get Underachiever and farm the f*** out of heroics until you have as much of the highest iLvl badge gear stuff as you can. It's the only way to get into raids later.

That's exactly my point. It's useful as a guideline to determine whether or not someone is geared enough for a raid, but most people treat it as the be all and end all of skill determination.

It's not the addon, it's the people that use it.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

There's nothing wrong with GS, it's just that some people that use it don't understand that.

The other day we were doing an alt ICC10 run so we had low requirements for people and asked for 5k gs minimum. One shaman who had NO gems or enchants and some PvP gear, we kicked him and replaced him only for a healer to throw a fit for us kicking him saying we didn't ask for people to be gemmed.

It should be a guideline only and there's no harm in refusing people from joining certain raids based on their GS. It's exactly the same as people getting you to link your "Epic" achievement before GS came about, there's no difference at all yet people didn't complain so much about that.

It's an easy way to check roughly what someone's gear is like without having to inspect them.

Most of the decent 10-mans I'm in (usually only ToGC for lolz) the leaders use the Armoury to check gear, chants and if they actually have the achievement and they aren't just using some addon to make it, Gearscore is just the prelim thing, which is how I think it should be used.

Got my Ulduar Proto-Drake on my Death Knight today, finally replacing that godawful Purple Gryphon.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I find Gearscore extremely annoying, although I haven't found myself getting kicked for it. Isn't there like 5 different GS calcs? And they all give different results? And they can all be "cheated" by using gear that's not even of your class? Honestly?

Anyways....

Just hit lvl 70 on Monday, and I am seriously wishing for Wrath right now. Im probably only gonna get it during the summer though... ah well, that will be fun.

So... is there any gear and/or quests I should aim for? I am currently doing random dungeons (will do random heroics once I get all the keys required), and it is pretty fun. I remember at first I accidentally chose a random Heroic, and found myself in Hellfire Ramparts (after a 1 hour wait). It was a pretty good group, although the lock died pretty much every fight because he did 50% of the dps (!?).

Later on, I tried normal DF, and found myself in some... interesting groups. E.G. Having a DK try taking, then having us steal his targets, another Paladin rage quitting because the priest will keep burning his mana, another DK tank who was getting pwned big time with his Unholy spec, and a healer that would just sit there and do nothing.

So... uhm... yeah, what should I be reaching for? Im not level 80, so I can't do anything close to Random Heroics for Frost Emblems :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and some addons I could use would be nice. I only have Auctioneer right now.

22031_s.gif

I find Gearscore extremely annoying, although I haven't found myself getting kicked for it. Isn't there like 5 different GS calcs? And they all give different results? And they can all be "cheated" by using gear that's not even of your class? Honestly?

Anyways....

Just hit lvl 70 on Monday, and I am seriously wishing for Wrath right now. Im probably only gonna get it during the summer though... ah well, that will be fun.

So... is there any gear and/or quests I should aim for? I am currently doing random dungeons (will do random heroics once I get all the keys required), and it is pretty fun. I remember at first I accidentally chose a random Heroic, and found myself in Hellfire Ramparts (after a 1 hour wait). It was a pretty good group, although the lock died pretty much every fight because he did 50% of the dps (!?).

Later on, I tried normal DF, and found myself in some... interesting groups. E.G. Having a DK try taking, then having us steal his targets, another Paladin rage quitting because the priest will keep burning his mana, another DK tank who was getting pwned big time with his Unholy spec, and a healer that would just sit there and do nothing.

So... uhm... yeah, what should I be reaching for? Im not level 80, so I can't do anything close to Random Heroics for Frost Emblems :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and some addons I could use would be nice. I only have Auctioneer right now.

you made it to 70 with no addons? congrats. that should be an achievement.

i use xperl, dominos, questhelper, aaaand i think that's it right now.

wowinterface.com

wow.curse.com

Lol I made it to 80 with no addons, and still don't have any.

The only thing about the default UI that really annoys me is the tiny spell bar.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hmm, very nice....I don't know what I'll do interface wise...all I really want is a two row spellbar extending all the way across the bottom lol, so I can have absolutely everything there.

polvCwJ.gif

TukUI has that.

The screenshots I saw had just as small of a spellbar :?

By default there is one 1x22 bar at the bottom but in the configuration you can make it 2x22 bars so 44 buttons on the bottom. You can add an extra 12 to the side if this isn't enough.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Dude.

http://www.wow.com/2010/04/09/cataclysm-class-changes-rogue/#continued

Smoke Bomb (level 85): The rogue drops a Smoke Bomb, creating a cloud that interferes with enemy targeting. Enemies who are outside the cloud will find themselves unable to target units inside the cloud with single-target abilities. Enemies can move inside the cloud to attack, or they can use area-of-effect (AoE) abilities at any time to attack opponents in a cloud. In PvP, this will open up new dimensions of tactical positional gameplay, as the ability offers a variety of offensive and defensive uses. In PvE, Smoke Cloud can serve to shield your group from hostile ranged attacks, while also drawing enemies closer without the need to rely on conventional line-of-sight obstructions. Smoke Cloud lasts 10 seconds and has a 3-minute cooldown.

awesome. That, alongside of the grip skill priests are getting, is going to be awesome for my 2v2 team when cata hits.

TukUI has that.

The screenshots I saw had just as small of a spellbar :?

By default there is one 1x22 bar at the bottom but in the configuration you can make it 2x22 bars so 44 buttons on the bottom. You can add an extra 12 to the side if this isn't enough.

Lol, I installed it, I didn't really like it though so I uninstalled it. I don't think I deleted all the cached files though so basically at the moment I have this hybrid interface of tukui and the basic wow one. It looks weird as [bleep] but is practically perfect lmao.

I wonder how long I can expect it to last? Before the cache deletes itself or something....not really too sure how it works.

polvCwJ.gif

You can get by without addons although bartender is really kickass. And questhelper is awesome as well. Recount is for my epeen. Deadly boss mod is handy for raids you don't know the mechanics of because you just have to do what appears in gigantic words on your screen.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.