The bible

Notorious_Ice

God doesn't need to give anything to these people. Through sin we deserve nothing, and on top of that their not going to get anything from God since most of them don't even believe in him. No one is going to get anything from someone if they don't even think that certain someone exists or does what he/she says - so why would it be any different with God? And God has given us the greatest gift of all anyway by sending his son to die on the cross so that we may have our sins forgiven and eternal life. That's what we believe and personally I couldn't care less if you agree with it or not.

Stop talking like it's a fact :-s . Christians are the part of the only religion that believes that Jesus is the only reason we're making it into "heaven". I'm with the non-Christians on that one.

And saying that you "couldn't care less" is equivalent to "la la la *plugging ears*, I'm closing off my mind to anything but the precise Christian belief."

@ 2nd bolded comment. Those "undeserving" people get these things through God's unmerited grace. Considering we believe it and believe in him, unlike you and all those others you mentioned.

I.e., you have no idea so you just say he randomly did it.

@3rd bolded comment. That's up to God's judgment. We believe what it says in the Bible, and leave the rest up to him. He's a compassionate God. And you can refuse to follow God all you like (that's where free-will comes in), we'll just have to wait and see won't we. :wink:

He might be a compassionate God.

Oh, and free will and the Christian God can't coexist dude. It's impossible. At least Templar had the sense to realize that.

Oh and please don't quote me saying "He's a compassionate God" and then ask me then why does he still let it happen. Because my answer to that is, is that its not God who caused it, it's the sin of humans.

Ever read the book, "The Sparrow"? It's a great sci-fi (ish) book that attacks the ignorant belief that God is only in the good things, and never in the bad things.

And though I don't agree with Sat that Christianity it totally oppressive, you guys do kind of sound like you havn't put any of your own personal thought into it...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no unbelievers after death.

I don't see how you find christanity oppressive. We certainly aren't comming in your home with a gun to your head and say "believe or die!".

Thats communism. Your saying Christianity is communism? Right..

I don't see how you can get oppressed either WITHOUT pain. You said yourself that africa people died. Dieing is pretty painful don't you think?

You say the Bible's scriptures say that it is the truth, and nothing else is. That is true, but tons of times you forget to see what Christianity is all about.

Its about love. Yes, its about loving and helping others. Yet, instead, we get crucified for being under developed in the word of God. As crazy people or Fanatics.

When you say my God is crap, how do you expect a christian to respond? Honestly? Its like your asking to be flamed. Its like you are asking for a fight. People will defend their God. Just like athiesms will defend their belief their is no God, then go on a "evidence" tantrum.

Do you honestly really believe christianity is killing,hurtful, and oppressed as you say because our opinions different from yours? Does it hurt you that I think its the Truth and THE Truth and Only Truth to ever exist?

Do you cry yourself to sleep at night because we think this way? You guys surely need to read up and research on the topic of Christanity before you come in here listening to one anothers opinions on it, and speculations without facts.

Remember, where their is a question there is a answer, most of you have questions about God, then you fill it in with a answer that comes from your head rather than researching it. You wouldn't do that with Science, but you do that with the Word of God.

Why do you guys sound think you so ignorant to christians?

Do some research.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

There is no unbelievers after death.

I don't see how you find christanity oppressive. We certainly aren't comming in your home with a gun to your head and say "believe or die!".

Thats communism. Your saying Christianity is communism? Right..

Do you even know what communism is?

I don't see how you can get oppressed either WITHOUT pain. You said yourself that africa people died. Dieing is pretty painful don't you think?

Why can't you see oppression without pain, do you know what oppression means? Lets take an example, Bill was homosexual and living within the state based on the christian morals. Bill was not allowed to be homosexual because it is of the Christian opinion that homosexuality is wrong. Therefore Christianity oppresses Bills opinion and what Bill can do. As they think their opinion is better than his.

You say the Bible's scriptures say that it is the truth, and nothing else is. That is true, but tons of times you forget to see what Christianity is all about.

Its about love. Yes, its about loving and helping others. Yet, instead, we get crucified for being under developed in the word of God. As crazy people or Fanatics.

Loving and helping isn't exclusive too religion, and don't give me all this stuff about you helping and loving people. When I suggested you should give $1000 to charity you never replied. If you where so much into your religion and loving and helping you should do that no? Whether or not people love and help isn't my problem with religion it's when they oppress people who they disagree with, it becomes nothing more than an attempted justification of opinion and a way to inflict one opinion over everyone elses.

When you say my God is crap, how do you expect a christian to respond? Honestly? Its like your asking to be flamed. Its like you are asking for a fight. People will defend their God. Just like athiesms will defend their belief their is no God, then go on a "evidence" tantrum.

Why would you enter a debate with atheists if you are offended by our disbelief in your God?

Do you honestly really believe christianity is killing,hurtful, and oppressed as you say because our opinions different from yours? Does it hurt you that I think its the Truth and THE Truth and Only Truth to ever exist?

Yes, because it hurts the progression of society and the people you oppress.

Do you cry yourself to sleep at night because we think this way? You guys surely need to read up and research on the topic of Christanity before you come in here listening to one anothers opinions on it, and speculations without facts.

What facts have you given? The bible said this and the bible said that. Your opinion that it is infalliable doesn't make it infalliable and therefore not fact so never even throw that intrinsic crap at me.

Remember, where their is a question there is a answer, most of you have questions about God, then you fill it in with a answer that comes from your head rather than researching it. You wouldn't do that with Science, but you do that with the Word of God.

Why do you guys sound think you so ignorant to christians?

Excuse me? I have studied religious philosophy, and while i don't find it the most interesting topic in philosophy I still research and probably know more attempted and coherant arguments for the proof of God than you do. As you seem to think that you can justify your opinion to me with an intrinsic argument. You have yet to give me any form of a universal argument.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

i thought that the bible said the world was 4004 years old or sumit, nvm, the bible was created in my opinion as a form of social control, set up by itteligent peopl who could reach the general public through reason, so they did it through the fantasy of magics and rewards in heaven etc

emrea.png

emrea.gif

O.K.

Will someone please tell me what happened while i was not here?

If ou will, please PM it to me. Thank You.

Click Here 4 My Crafting Guide!

Yes, I Do have over 100,000+ Emails. I get about 100+ every day. Want some?

rsmining2.png

Do you even know what communism is?

Yeah I agree. I was shaking my head when he said that was Communism and I am a Christian myself.

Why can't you see oppression without pain, do you know what oppression means? Lets take an example, Bill was homosexual and living within the state based on the christian morals. Bill was not allowed to be homosexual because it is of the Christian opinion that homosexuality is wrong. Therefore Christianity oppresses Bills opinion and what Bill can do. As they think their opinion is better than his.

According to this all laws are "oppressive."

Bill wanted to go kill Mike because Mike really made him angry. Unfortunately someone made a law that said Bill will go to jail for life if he kills Mike so he can't express his emotions and feelings the way he sees fit because someone thinks murder is wrong. Therefore the law oppresses Bills opinion and what Bill can do as they think their opinion is better than his.

If something is "bad" then laws say it shouldn't be done. These laws are made by the government. The government is voted into office by a majority vote. I know a lot of people that aren't Christians that are against homosexual marriage and homosexual adoption. They think this is a bad thing for a variety of reasons. Don't get mad at Christianity over this, get mad at the government.

Why would you enter a debate with atheists if you are offended by our disbelief in your God?

I agree with you on this. If a person is just going to get offended on either side by someone disagreeing with them they need to sit the debate out on the sidelines.

Please define what you mean by hurting the progression of society and the people you oppress please. I assume you mean the abortion and homosexual issues when you say this. The problem is... what if you are wrong? What if being raised in a homosexual family is not healthy for children? What if abortion really is murdering babies? If that is the case then Christians would actually be upholding society. If you cannot prove the opposite then you don't need to be making sweeping judgmental comments like this.

Do you cry yourself to sleep at night because we think this way?

I don't understand the point of this statement. Statements like this are just designed to tick off the other side. This isn't showing Christian love saying stuff like this. What are your motives for posting? When you start throwing out insults like this you need to re-examine your motives for discussion if you are a Christian.

Ambassadar.png

Bill wanted to go kill Mike because Mike really made him angry. Unfortunately someone made a law that said Bill will go to jail for life if he kills Mike so he can't express his emotions and feelings the way he sees fit because someone thinks murder is wrong. Therefore the law oppresses Bills opinion and what Bill can do as they think their opinion is better than his.

If something is "bad" then laws say it shouldn't be done. These laws are made by the government. The government is voted into office by a majority vote. I know a lot of people that aren't Christians that are against homosexual marriage and homosexual adoption. They think this is a bad thing for a variety of reasons. Don't get mad at Christianity over this, get mad at the government.

It's a good point, however to allow truth to surface we need to take everyones opinion on board and for individuals to live as they wish as long as they don't harm anyone. As harming someone would go against the states purpose. Since everyone has as much weight in their opinions then nothing harmful would need banning. So that we can learn from these people and move forward.

Please define what you mean by hurting the progression of society and the people you oppress please. I assume you mean the abortion and homosexual issues when you say this. The problem is... what if you are wrong? What if being raised in a homosexual family is not healthy for children? What if abortion really is murdering babies? If that is the case then Christians would actually be upholding society. If you cannot prove the opposite then you don't need to be making sweeping judgmental comments like this.

It doesn't matter if I am wrong or not, if I am then society will choose to have an abortion or be homosexual. And progress as individuals, these decisions (although wildly debated for abortion) harm no-one, and therefore no-ones opinion if it is right or wrong should have weight over anothers.

If christianity is right on it's views then society will see people living such life experiments as homosexuality and they will freely choose to be homosexual or not.

And thank you for some intelligent replys :)

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

It is no different. For all we know the Apositale(sp?) Paul could've made the whole goddamn thing up I'm sorry if im bursting anyone conservitively christain buuble but come on!!!!! What are the freakin chances that god told Paul what to write word for word!

Ash Dogg, Out!

Excuse me? I have studied religious philosophy, and while i don't find it the most interesting topic in philosophy I still research and probably know more attempted and coherant arguments for the proof of God than you do. As you seem to think that you can justify your opinion to me with an intrinsic argument. You have yet to give me any form of a universal argument.---Satenza

Hm. I don't see how you can ACT like you understand Christianity.

You seem to be making so pretty bold comments, about a religion that you know NOTHING about. OF course you probably understand what it talks about, when it was written, and so historical information that may either be true or false. Don't get me wrong, I do not fully understand Christianity either, if I ACTED like I did then please forgive me.

But to come in here and start denying it's validity without really knowing it.

-to Tigra

I don't have to know you to know that you have sinned, or lets say..messed up, did something wrong. You see since Adam ate of the fruit and got kicked out of Eden Our sin has been passed down since the begginning.(Gen 3) And according to the Book of Romans, All have fallen short of the glory of God. This means that you and I are not as good as we think. Of Course you say I've done great things and helped out society alot, but if that is not done in the name of God it is like dirty rags to God.

In short, Don't come into these religious topics acting like you know the key reason why Christianity is a load of cabbage. And start spounting it off, because it has been proven by man. SO, lets just wait. Since History repeats itself, and even the most popular religions eventually die down ( if you are right the truth will come out sooner or later). I promise you. This religion will die down if it is wrong. What is the quote..Truth will stand the weight of time? Well, who cares how big this religion is? Once the truth comes out, the news will be spread all over the world, and Christianity will slowly or rapidly decline as the worlds leading religion.

You seem to be making so pretty bold comments, about a religion that you know NOTHING about. OF course you probably understand what it talks about, when it was written, and so historical information that may either be true or false. Don't get me wrong, I do not fully understand Christianity either, if I ACTED like I did then please forgive me.

I was a christian. I have been on the inside and the outside of the religion, and why can't i deny it's validity?

In short, Don't come into these religious topics acting like you know the key reason why Christianity is a load of cabbage. And start spounting it off, because it has been proven by man. SO, lets just wait. Since History repeats itself, and even the most popular religions eventually die down ( if you are right the truth will come out sooner or later). I promise you. This religion will die down if it is wrong. What is the quote..Truth will stand the weight of time? Well, who cares how big this religion is? Once the truth comes out, the news will be spread all over the world, and Christianity will slowly or rapidly decline as the worlds leading religion.

Truth can't come out with people who don't accept others opinions and try to censor their behaviour even when it does not affect them.

Signature3.gif

In my opinion whether the bible is real or not or if the stuff in it is not true isn't good that people believe what the bible says is real because the bible teaches us to "love thy neighbour" and imagine a world where we all did that.

Also for the people that say but if God was real then he wouldn't let all the bad things in the world happen but if you read the bible (the proper version) it says that the world can not be perfect as only heaven is perfect.

opÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷press ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâverb (used with object) 1. to burden with cruel or unjust impositions or restraints; subject to a burdensome or harsh exercise of authority or power

The key word in that definition is "unjust." Laws against murder are justifiable. Murder harms people. Obviously.

Does homosexuality harm anyone? Ever? Anywhere? No.

Okay. There are laws against homosexual marriage because it's "bad?" Please, try to explain this. I'd stake my life on the fact that you can't. Marriage isn't a religiously binding ceremony. It's a legally binding ceremony which should have nothing to do with any sort of religious doctrine, period. And, if you dare claim that any law opposing homosexuality wasn't created by Christians and/or Christianity, you're foolish.

Working on a new pure, since Try Suicide was hacked/stolen.

And, if you dare claim that any law opposing homosexuality wasn't created by Christians and/or Christianity, you're foolish.

Atheist Nazis?

summerpngwy6.jpg

And, if you dare claim that any law opposing homosexuality wasn't created by Christians and/or Christianity, you're foolish.

Atheist Nazis?

What about them?

Working on a new pure, since Try Suicide was hacked/stolen.

Atheist Nazis?

What about them?

Atheist Nazis slaughtered homosexuals. Therefore, there exists a law opposing homosexuals that wasn't created by Christians and/or Christianity, and what you said is untrue. Unless I'm foolish for stating truth.

summerpngwy6.jpg

fossils being "proven" to be billions of years old is just as real as the Bible being 100% true...

they havn't proved that...or it wouldn't be an argument.

edit: and Insane you know as well as i do Christianity doesn't oppose homosexuals...just homosexuality

rephrase that :)

fossils being "proven" to be billions of years old is just as real as the Bible being 100% true...

Wait, what? Oh that's right God put the fossils there to trick us right?

Why did you have to post this?

Wait, what? Oh that's right God put the fossils there to trick us right?

Why did you have to post this?

??? huh?

i posted it because he said it's proven that fossils are 6 billion or w/e years old...when they are not proven to be that old...

they use uranium and carbon dating that is all based on theory...

and in order for carbon dating to be accurate the atmosphere and climates must not change...but be constant...and sample bones that are dated can range from different dates. there are dinosaur bones dated to be only a few thousand years old.

Excuse me? I have studied religious philosophy, and while i don't find it the most interesting topic in philosophy I still research and probably know more attempted and coherant arguments for the proof of God than you do. As you seem to think that you can justify your opinion to me with an intrinsic argument. You have yet to give me any form of a universal argument.---Satenza

I don't really see a point in Sat trying to disprove God or Templar trying to prove God- maybe the Christian God (maybe), but trying to disprove (or prove) any and all forms of a God would get us nowhere :lol: .

Stop pulling the ignorance card and accept the fact that people here actually know what they're talking about.

-to Tigra

I don't have to know you to know that you have sinned, or lets say..messed up, did something wrong. You see since Adam ate of the fruit and got kicked out of Eden Our sin has been passed down since the begginning.(Gen 3) And according to the Book of Romans, All have fallen short of the glory of God. This means that you and I are not as good as we think. Of Course you say I've done great things and helped out society alot, but if that is not done in the name of God it is like dirty rags to God.

Dear lord, Tigra's guna have a field day with this one. I'll just make two points for the heck of it:

1) There are so many gigantic technical holes in the Adam and Eve story that it'd be completely illogical to think of it as anything but metaphorical, a story to entertain with a meaning behind it. Yes, all humans have "sin", but let's leave the Bible out of a matter so simple that using any reference(s) would be kind of pointless.

2) Explain the bolded part. Either you phrased it weird, or it sounds like illogical bull.

In short, Don't come into these religious topics acting like you know the key reason why Christianity is a load of cabbage. And start spounting it off, because it has been proven by man. SO, lets just wait.

Me, Satenza, and most of the other people have had plenty of time spent with Christianity... can we just drop the "ignorance card" already?

Since History repeats itself, and even the most popular religions eventually die down ( if you are right the truth will come out sooner or later). I promise you. This religion will die down if it is wrong.

It will die down not because it's wrong, but because society begins to think it's wrong. Just a technicality.

What is the quote..Truth will stand the weight of time? Well, who cares how big this religion is? Once the truth comes out, the news will be spread all over the world, and Christianity will slowly or rapidly decline as the worlds leading religion.

Truth won't stand the weight of time because we won't know it's Truth... but yes, odds are that Chrisianity will die down eventually.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It will never die down. The lies made by the church have assured it. It's the first successful religion to be widespread by use of the internet, and it's here to stay unless people just get sick of waiting for the "end of days", which will never happen as it says it will happen.

There are only a few things that could even make people THINK it's completely false, and even that wouldn't stop it...

1.) Finding life elsewhere in the Universe.

2.) Proving evolution, which it basically IS, people just deny it because of technicalities with carbon dating, which means NOTHING. There is more proof than that. :roll:

That's all I can think of right now, I'm eating. :P I know I have more but I don't want to keep goin'.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Stop pulling the ignorance card and accept the fact that people here actually know what they're talking about.

hm. No. I won't because you DON'T. You are not Christians. Since you are not Christians you will not see the point in Christianity because you think it is stupid, illogical, mythical, load of cabbage.And according to your Writings that is true. Fine, let me use an example. How can you know what childbirth is truely like unless you are a woman? Yes, you can read up on it and learn everything there is to know about it. But in the end you can never experience child birth. So you can't know what it is truely like to have had that pain and agony.

So as you can see, Christianity needs to be experienced before you can write it off as another religion? Don't believe me? Have you ever experienced The Holy Spirit-Yes or no just that. Have you ever been in a worshiop service and suddenly have had all your cares taken away-yes or no. Have you ever had a problem in life and when you go to scripture God seems to "open your eyes" and direct you to an answer to that problem-yes or no.

If you do answer these..just put yes or no..none of this.."well...blah blah blah..".or "your wrong blah blah blah."

It will never die down. The lies made by the church have assured it. It's the first successful religion to be widespread by use of the internet, and it's here to stay unless people just get sick of waiting for the "end of days", which will never happen as it says it will happen.

There are only a few things that could even make people THINK it's completely false, and even that wouldn't stop it...

2.) Proving evolution, which it basically IS, people just deny it because of technicalities with carbon dating, which means NOTHING. There is more proof than that. :roll:

That's all I can think of right now, I'm eating. :P I know I have more but I don't want to keep goin'.

True..but if the earth where truely that old...would that not make the Sun too close to the earth for sustainable life? You see the sun shrinks every day..good couple of tons a day. Add all 4.5 billion years to that and it comes out as a massive star.

True..but if the earth where truely that old...would that not make the Sun too close to the earth for sustainable life? You see the sun shrinks every day..good couple of tons a day. Add all 4.5 billion years to that and it comes out as a massive star.

And the Earth was a molten hunk of rock 4 billion years ago for a reason...

Get over it, dude. The Earth isn't 6,000 years old, and it isn't 10,000 years old, or 20,000, or 40,000. It just isn't.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

There's only an argument because it conflicts with theists opinions. It's not even disputed in the scientific community, therefore, you are wrong. Scientists have proven, beyond reasonable doubt, that fossils are a fair bit more than 6000 years old. Read my topic the challenge. It alludes to the fact that the only people who dispute that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and evolution is true are theists that want to protect thier own agenda. Seriously, give it a go. This goes for TheLastTemplar too, as you seem to think the sun decays at a constant rate.

And the Earth was a molten hunk of rock 4 billion years ago for a reason...

Get over it, dude. The Earth isn't 6,000 years old, and it isn't 10,000 years old, or 20,000, or 40,000. It just isn't.

Acctually...the earth wouldn'y be here. even if it was..how could life just "start"?