Best and worst covers?

blue107

I have come across a lot of really bad covers of a song that just kill the song. I recently saw one which made me so angry I made this topic

For me its probably the cover of Seasons in the sun by Nirvana

This is the original version-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkSJxJL4ldE

This is the version Nirvana did-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4BF67pvsc

If you ask me its some emo idiot singing in monotone with a bass player who doesnt know how to correctly play bass

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Jeff Buckley - Halleluja (great cover of the Cohen song)

Guns 'n Roses - Knockin on Heaven's Door (Not a bad song pers̮̩̉̉, but I just can't stand it, sorry)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Jeff Buckley - Halleluja (great cover of the Cohen song)

Guns 'n Roses - Knockin on Heaven's Door (Not a bad song pers̮̩̉̉, but I just can't stand it, sorry)

I agree, I hate it when people credit it to GnR. Most people dont know that Bob Dylan is the mastermind behind many of our favorite songs

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

The Placebo cover of running up that hill (originally from kate bush). And their cover of where is my mind isn't bad either, most people don't know it's actually from the Pixies.

Nirvana also have a lot of great covers: The Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie), Plateau (Meat Puppets), Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam...

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Best:

2002050035.JPG

This looks really good to me, it's a picture you don't forget. I miss Mobb Deep, from back when they were good (Thanks a lot, G-Unit :x )

Worst:

s03.ixevwhcv.100x100-99.jpg

There's nothing there but a leaf in lower corner :shock:! This is still one my favorite albums none-the-less though, but I expected something really cool and memorable from a legend like Dre :( ....

Once again the stereotype of an RS player has been honoured.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

My best has to be Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World

It's so beautiful. It sets me in peace every time I hear it.

Omg I have wanted to know what that song was called for a while. Thanks

Best - either Jeff Buckley's Halleijuah or Gary Jule's Mad World

worst - Girls Aloud vs. Sugababes - walk this way

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Girls Aloud - Walk This Way (originally by Aerosmith and Run DMC).... bring back the death penalty! lol ;)

actually orignally by just aerosmith, DMC vs.'d it. although i concur on the death penalty for the violation f the song

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Running up the Hill. Original by Kate Bush and the Within Temptation cover. Probably the last good song Within Temptation produced :(

Best:

2002050035.JPG

This looks really good to me, it's a picture you don't forget. I miss Mobb Deep, from back when they were good (Thanks a lot, G-Unit :x )

Worst:

There's nothing there but a leaf in lower corner :shock:! This is still one my favorite albums none-the-less though, but I expected something really cool and memorable from a legend like Dre :( ....

Lol, cover of a song not album cover. And lol at your choices anyway.

Umm Atomic Kitten did some awful, awful covers I can't for the life of me remember what songs they were. I heard some cover of Faith by George Michael, I think by Limp Bizkit? Not too sure... But yeah I don't really appreciate people screaming on songs. Must be some more I can think of...

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

In the past I've been really into cover songs (especially punk versions of 80's songs). Here's my best and worst:

Good (way better than the originals):

Christine 16 - All

Let's Get this Party Started - Stretch Arm strong

Gin 'n Juice - NOFX

Just Like Heaven - Goldfinger

Bad (mostly cuz the originals are horrible too):

Ice Ice Baby - New Found Glory?

Enter Sandman - Mighty Mighty Bosstones?

Hit me Baby One More Time - ?

Best:

2002050035.JPG

Worst:

Lol, cover of a song not album cover. And lol at your choices anyway.

Umm Atomic Kitten did some awful, awful covers I can't for the life of me remember what songs they were. I heard some cover of Faith by George Michael, I think by Limp Bizkit? Not too sure... But yeah I don't really appreciate people screaming on songs. Must be some more I can think of...

Just realized it #-o , lol.

And what its that supposed to mean exactly, Oy? :|

Jeff Buckley's cover of "Hallelujah" is great indeed. I also think Zakk Wylde's cover of "Stairway to Heaven" is good, as well as Judas Priest's "Johnny B. Goode"... and... those are the only ones I can think of atm.

Some thoroughly bad ones I can think of right now would be Scissor Sister's "Comfortably Numb" cover and Cradle Of Filth's "Fear Of The Dark". God they suck.

2009rb9.jpg

I think he meant that the typical RS player isn't too bright. Although I'm not really sure, it was kind of cryptic, you know.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

All Along The Watchtower by Hendrix is a classic and Buckley's Hallelujah is just so heart wrenching for me.

To add to those, Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy is a favourite of mine.

Ryan Adams did a very good cover of Wonderwall by Oasis that Noel Gallagher used live a few times.

The spanish guitar duo Rodrigo y Gabriela did a pretty good Stairway To Heaven cover, it reflected the song very well whilst still being suitably original.

I also quite like the White Stripes' version of I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I think he meant that the typical RS player isn't too bright. Although I'm not really sure, it was kind of cryptic, you know.

I hope that's wrong, because all I did was make a mistake. One mistake doesn't determine someone's intelligence. :?

Worst:

It's a marijuana leaf. Seems like Dre to me 8-)

~