Tip.It Times Presents: Guthix Skiller

Kiara_Kat

Intresting article....

However, an perfect example of balance would be this player:

Renez

Just look up the highscores to see that he actually got Lvl-86 in every single Skill

Oh yeah. There are many players with far-tighter skills/lower standard deviation than me. It's always fun to discover them.

- Ard

ard%20choille.png

well no offesnse but im a saradomin supporter i was just wondering, whats the saradomin way of levelling? thanks

good question, iI'd like to know it too, and also the zamorak way...

still have to think up a nice signature

lol

Wow! Ok, I read the article and I really don't know what to say. MOre like a giant, "..."

I noticed that a large amount of readers tend to bash the writer on the style in which it was presented. "Guthix Skiller." Well, I would say, I like the style. I mean, the writer is clearly remaining in character in spirit of the game.

Personally, I do not work on "balance" for my skills. I mainly play RS for the quests and I work on skills in hopes to meet quest requirements and make essential items for the quests. However, because I have completed all of the quests... I just continue to go for my own personal goal of 99 mage. Because of my own personal love for maging, I just work on mage and RC. Depending on what I am doing in the game, I may work on other skills as well. For example, I am currently really interested in barrows because it gives me access to blood runes without having to purchase them. To do barrows, I need to make prayer pots and I need food. Thus I fish (quickest means to food) and cook. I could also farm and make much higher healing foods, but I think that would take too lang and Ineed food immediately so I can replenish my blood runes surplus.

For RCing, I need pure essence. Before I would buy my essence, but since the price for Pure Essence has jumped to a ridiculous amount, I refuse to pay 100 gp for something I can just mine (thus I am working on mining).

Well, as to which "God" I train under....funny how the author claims "Guthix" for balance. Thus: Non combat skills would be "Sara" while combat skills would be "Zammy." Not to bash the author in anyway. It was just an interesting read in my opinion and something for all of us to just keep in mind. There are different methods to traing certain skills.

I think I will just stick to maging, after all, I am the "lil mage gurl!"

~A lil mage goes a long way~

For a very long time I followed this by being completely self sufficient and to an extent I still am. I've only ever paid for logs to get firemaking up a lot and now that for me has fallen through I'm back to self sufficiency.

(As an example) Currently I'm cutting logs for fletching, then I'm going to pick and craft my own strings.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

No "Did you know?"!!! :cry:

Yeh I was disappointed with this... Tip.it went back on a promise.. *waa*

We didn't really think it was appropriate to put a "Did You Know..." at the end of a guest article. We didn't want anyone to associate the tip with the author. But don't worry, the "Did You Know..." feature will be back with the next article written by The Editor.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

I don't undertand why so many people are slating this article and the view it portrays.

Since level 3 I have always tried to be self sufficient and supply my own needs. Having played classic, I made a new character when I came back to RS last year and made myself a vow that I would always put any money I earned into skills, and not buy flashy clothes or treasure trail items. I haven't quite stuck to that so far, but it still remains in my morals. The first skill I trained other than combat was probably Mining, you only need a pickaxe, and you're all set. I mined 5k iron ore for later use. I made a plan to smelt that iron ore, smith into knives and use to train my range. I also completed the Shilo Village quest to mine my own rubies and make my own rings of forging. I eventually made my 25k iron knives and still have 5k left. A project I started from level 40 combat has netted me 80 Range, and being self sufficient makes me value skills more.

I try to maintain a decent skill total for my combat level, my main goal at the moment being 60+ in all skills and 1600 total before 95 combat. I don't go emo if I gain a combat level though, as combat adds to your overall character potential also.

I'm not as extreme as you however, when it comes to gathering my own materials, I will mine my own gold to smelt for smithing levels, cut my own wood for fletching (most of the time), thieve my own gems for crafting and kill my monsters for my seeds. Before I wanted to buy 4k pure essence for 60 rcing, I had 2 routes I could have taken. Mine it, or buy it. I chose the latter, as mining it is excrusiatinly boring, and 400-odd-k will turn into 1.2million after I'm done crafting, so it wasn't a big concern to me. If I can turn raw material into profit, and the exp from gathering it myself isn't that significant, I buy it. The time to gather it will add up in time not gathering it but doing the main objective with the material.

Ugh this post is getting long with me rambling, so I'll end it here. Awesome article Ard, I saw you cutting trees in Gnome Stronghold the other day. :D I admire your skills, share secrets plocks. <3:

1 Last thing. Kill (slayer, prayer and combat) for seeds, farm while slayering, use herbs/seconds for herblore, food for slayer/agility (strawberry baskets), use potions from Herblore for Slayer or Beastie fighting.

Mine, smelt the ore and either smith or craft, use smithed range objects, high alch crafted objects.

RC for runes, use runes for magic, or go back and use runes for superheating while mining/smithing.

Just some chains I use, too many to list. :XD:

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

On paper balancing skills is a good idea, in practice it limits your enjoyment of runescape and a very large pain in the neck. My favorite skill is theft, and you'll freqeuntly find me in the Ham caves robbing gems and jewelry to further my con level (it gives me very bad theft experience but for some reason i do not get bored doing this repeatedly). Then those are those skills I HATE to train, magic, farming, slayer if i keep getting annoying beasts (like sand lizards) and especially runecrafting. For various reasons i am trying to get all my skill levels to 47 or above which would lower my standard deviation but will be a large pain in the rear. I can't imagine how annoying it must be for you when you undoubtedly have levels in the 50s and 60s. Ironically the only benefits you get from having a well balanced skill set is the tears of guthix where if every skill ahs almost exp you can raise each skill a little except for the one you want to get as a tears of guthix reward.

fathertime89.png

Smithing-48 strength-66 Ranged-47 Magic-55

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

I am a nobody and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.

Good article, nice to know that there are more Guthix skillers. =D>

The higher my skills are, the better the game becomes. I can do almost everything I want in the game.

Current goal: every skill at least level 70.

Greetings,

Highveener

It is not your highest level that counts... it is your lowest

75 runecrafting, followed by 74 prayer

that, im sorry was appalling I mean adhering to the religious doctrines of a made-up-online-game-god?

I'd like to inform you that your line made me laugh so hard I almost choked. That is definitely sigworthy and a great point at that.

As far as the article goes, being ranked lower within the top 425 I feel like I'm allowed to put my 2 cents in when it comes to skilling. This article supports self sufficiency and doing all of your own things such as wcing and burning your own logs type of mentality, while that seems to make sense on paper, in fact is a slower way to level and in the long run will take ages longer to reach the ultimate goal of all 99s.

i can't stand balance-its so average.

For example pures often slaughter main accounts because of the mains have their defence balanced unsuitabley to their attacking skills.

Im impressed when i see someone that defies guthix's balance and has 3 combat and ten 99 skills (but not with low skills and high cb, they irritate me). According to you and guthix you are perfect at the beggining of tutorial island and will probably only reach perfection at 200 mil xp for each skill.

I find that 99ing one skill then aother nis far more efficient than abit of this and that-that requires too many equipment/ mind changes so wastes many hours at the bank

I am generally self sufficient but but it does not stop me having unbalanced skills.

Overall good article just not my veiw on balance.

If the world was balanced and everyone was equal-what would we come to?

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Now, talking about Guthix I don't think we should classify peoples religion in RuneScape based on their levels but on the way they act:

Let's say there are 2 people and the one has just tricked the other and you see it, how would you act?

I think you would act like these things if you support:

Saradomin - Help the tricked guy by giving him a replacement for the thing he lost.

Guthix - Don't really care because it's not your problem, beside it's survival of the fittest.

Zamorak - You don't like someone being more evil than you so you decide to trick both of them.

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story