Tip.It Times Presents: Guthix Skiller

Kiara_Kat

well, I am pretty balanced myself. Except for the 5 extremes. fishing, cooking. farming, construction, and hunter. I keep the rest all around 60-70. But, I have nothing important to say so I'll stop and let everyone else post

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

Nice article Ard: I've never been good at balancing things. I should try and figure out my standard deviation: it's probably like 10 :-#

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

I skipped most of the posts in this thread due to people being jerks to me offline, as well as I get frustrated easily trying to read more than one page full of replies, especially when that is happening. (So blame them for my upset temper. I don't personally like being angry while posting!)

All I need to note is this:

Ard_Choille, you've cleared any doubt in my mind with your writing style. You are "The Editor". No wonder the articles got this "dull feeling" lately. Take a vacation or something from it all, then come back to forums. Do it way before you flip out from stress. It is visible in your writing. :| ...

On the positive side of the manner, you do provide some helpful tips, including to combine several skills in one training session. So my congratulations to you on this. =D>

To everyone else: Get Ard!!! ......................... NOT! :twisted:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Yay! Thanks fer the great perspective. I too follow a more general skill leveling path - I really enjoyed your article and for me it was the Best Tip It article I've read so far. ... Sweet 8-) :-)

Chris

You Have More Power Than You Think

its interesting...it seems like guthix is sending us subliminal messages to keep ourselves balanced. and where'd ard get the quotes? good read though, but im still sara for lyfe :thumbsup:

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

i...and where'd ard get the quotes?

They came from the God Letters on the RuneScape site.

yea i was gonna ask about that, but thats it, i knew i read quotes like that before.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

The problem with controlled mode is, that it's mode is always different than the normal attack mode.

[example]

Dragon long has:

Stab +58 bonus

Slash +69 bonus

Since controlled uses stab, you will hit less, and therefore get less experience . I liked your article, and your way of training.

The problem with controlled mode is, that it's mode is always different than the normal attack mode.

[example]

Dragon long has:

Stab +58 bonus

Slash +69 bonus

Since controlled uses stab, you will hit less, and therefore get less experience . I liked your article, and your way of training.

Wrong, you'll get the same amount of experience, it'll just most likely take some more time.

I liked the article, because I'm the same type of player as the author I suppose... It's okay that it's not that long, at least it's not one of those 'get-to-the-point!!-articles' ::'

getfirefoxmo6.gif

This article was quite interesting as it showed an obscure way of leveling stats. However I personally don't like Guthix skillers because they are always above me on the hiscores! They tend to have low total experience(and high total level) yet are above people that have (often) quadruple there total exp. I see that as an injustice to players that put alot of effort into their account only to be beaten by someone with alot less exp.

I personally don't like Guthix skillers because they are always above me on the hiscores! They tend to have low total experience(and high total level) yet are above people that have (often) quadruple there total exp. I see that as an injustice to players that put alot of effort into their account only to be beaten by someone with alot less exp.

Hmm. The inverse of a pure combat - guthix skiller :-k

Sadly, i dont have a siggy.

NO I DON'T SMOKE

oops, that'd be ciggy :D

I also use the Guthix way of training, mainly cause I can't stand training the same skill all over the time. It just bores me to death :ohnoes:

Guthix rulez! :thumbsup:

still have to think up a nice signature

lol

Although not a follower of Guthix, (or any of the gods for that matter: they give me what I need but they are, I guess all former D&D player characters, or some such.. *shut up and get on with it*), I do follow the same path as this article lays out.

So thank you Ard. It is warming to know that others value skill balance.

I do find repetition repetition repetition repetition boring, and work on groups of skills at a time to raise them. Right now I am based in Al-Kharid, stealing from the Enchanter's garden (Thieving and Farming) mixed in with a farming round to gather herbs and white berries (Herblore and Farming). I'll get bored of this soon and go back to my Slayer tasks, probably using Ranging skills, or maybe the Shade Temple (Crafting, Firemaking, Prayer, Combat and the often necessary cash).

I understand why others would want to pure or skill and respect that. Let them get on with it. For me (and others, I am happy to say) though, Questing and skill balance is what it is all about.

Oh, and the standard deviation of my skill levels? - 7.3 - nowhere near as good as Ard_Choille's 5.9, so something else to aim at :)

Blecca.png

For me, I like to optimize the time I play the game, so I look for the method getting me the fastest exp in 1 skill, but maybe, getting the neccesaries for that first skill with another skill isn't the fastest way to level the second skill, so I don't usually combine them. I just say "Hey, now I want to wear the Spottier cape", so I train untill I have the level, or get bored.

this was the most boring tipit times i've ever read. i usually love the times but this one was yawn inducing. rachet it up a notch, editor!

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Intresting article....

However, an perfect example of balance would be this player:

Renez

Just look up the highscores to see that he actually got Lvl-86 in every single Skill

Retired from RS...

Stopped playing with 1503 Total, February '07

~~Die, die,die my Darling... Just shut your pretty eyes~~

Intresting article....

However, an perfect example of balance would be this player:

Renez

Just look up the highscores to see that he actually got Lvl-86 in every single Skill

How ever it wasn't Renez writing the article :wink:

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story