Tip.It Times Presents: Guthix Skiller

Kiara_Kat

I don't tend to keep my skills all in balance, but then again I don't tend to focus on any one to get it to be highest.

I tend to work on skills to get them to a level where I can use them for something useful. My fletching is highest so I can alch bows for cash. My magic is high enough so I can teleport about. The skills that I have that are lowest are ones that I don't see much reward from such as Hunter or are not easy to improve without spending cash for raw materials.

However do like to keep all my skills above a level, currently that is 40, eventually it will be 50.

I've just got my construction to 50 and built portals, I'll probably leave off construction now for a while. I'll set another goal for another skill and go for that, maybe slayer where I can do 2(3 inc hitpoints) at the same time.

Ultimately for me then its what can I do at lvl x? Is it going to be useful to me in the game?

rune,Lothmir.gif

rune,Lothmir.gif

Wow! Finally another Guthix Follower, Since I started the game I always wanted to get all to 99, I'm working now on getting all to 70

-J35u5 M4, A Guthix Follower since the start

P.D: Since I started I saw all like this:

Zamorak: Combat Pures (Melee, Magic and Ranged pures) Because they kill people so that's the Zamorak Way

Guthix: Balanced (All skill with the same) Well the word "Balance" says it, You have Balance in your skills, so you're Guthix

Saradomin: Skillers (Not Combat) Because they don't kill, nor pk, Only skills that are a pasive way to play, so Saradomin

This is only the way how I look at things

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Im not trying to be derogatory but, that was easily the worst Tip.it times ever. It was short and a boring read. It would of been better if it had just focused on balancing skills but with all that rubbish about Guthix? Im all for the role-playing aspect of the game and I my self have a favorite RS god but that, im sorry was appalling I mean adhering to the religious doctrines of a made-up-online-game-god? Please no more articles like this in the future unless its a full blown attemp to decipher the history of Runescape.

During the 2001 Australian census, it was reported that more than 70,000 people reported their religion as "Jedi". Maybe these Australian's did that as a joke or perhaps they've becomed disillusioned with "mainstream" religions that believing in the Force is a viable alternative.

You can read the Wikipedia article here: Jedi census phenomenon

If people are so inclined to believe in a fictional religion, so be it. In the so-called "free worlds" we should believe in the freedoms of speech, thought and to practice one's religion, whatever it may be.

George Lucus has also said during an interview (sorry, can't provide a reference), he based The Force loosely on Buddhism. I can continue but discussing religion is walking on thin ice.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Look I don't mean to offend. Perhaps I should of worded it better. Its ok to an extend but I disagree with making your whole playing experiance revolve around it.

No worries, you didn't offend me.

I've always kept my skills balanced and for every RPG I've played. Once I did a bit of research, I found that it coincided with Guthix so I used that twist to add interest to my article. My gameplay certainly doesn't revolve around anything in particular other than enjoyment. Heck, the only Guthix items I have are the Guthix Symbol in my Chapel and the Book of Balance.

Play as you may.

- Ard

Ah I see well that puts a new spin on things, In that case I retract my statements. Im sorry for any offence I caused. I hope you continue to persuvere with your Tip.it times career.

~Azzazeal out

Azzazeal.png

untitled6kv7.gif

i've always worked to keep my skills quite balanced. or,maybe not just becuase i find it best that way, but since i get tired quite easy, so training a single skill for days would have been difficult... and i've only done it a few times (fletching 13k willows non-stop to get 70 fletch )

mining 4k iron in a weekend, to get my smithing level for devious minds, and i think, today spending quite some hours training firemaking up 8 levels...

this is not counting my barrows runs of cource, wich i could do for weeks or so :XD:

Scherzo.png

a relativly good article. i try to keep a form of balance but i think that having some over powered skills is an absolute must. also i hate pures, not skillers, they work on one or to combat skills and let everything else deteriorate. balance to an extent is necessary for a good account.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

...that was easily the worst Tip.it times ever. It was short and a boring read.

...all that rubbish about Guthix?

Why are some people so negative? I agree, the article was very short, but it was more of a personal story, how this person trains. And the 'rubbish' about Guthix? Id was to put a funny thing in it, to make a comparison, that was rather nice.

NOW ABOUT WHAT I THINK:

I totaly 100% agree with the filosophy to keep all skills close to each other. Im not a pker, I personally hate them and think of most of them as noobs. I can talk about that for hours, since I have had several bad encounters with them, but most of you would probably really get bored.

I like to keep my skills level. One of the reasons is not to get bored. I cant stick to a skill for ages. Usually I stick to something for one or two levels and then turn to something else. Remember the interview with Zezima? He said: try to stick to a skill if you want to level fast. To me the fun is in levelling, trying to beat the highscores :). To me it was a huge achievement and gave me great joy to have over 1 million XP in all of my skills. That is one of the reasons I train all skills.

Another reason to train all skills is that the higher one gets, the more possibilities one gets. It would be awesome to get level 85 smithing, so I can make rune bars. Or finally getting my 90 slayer; being able to slay all slayercreatures. For some of you 85 will be a huge achievement (to be honest, I freaked when I got my 85 slayer: I was so excited to slay some abyssal demons). So that's my challenge, being able to do all things the game has to offer.

However, I totally disagree the 'tactics' the author sums up. The idea is totally right: if i chop/mine/fish all my own things, it saves me time buying these things. But, there is the mistake. SOme time ago, when I had dropped to 30,000th palce in the highscores in fletching, it was time to do something about it. I had two, well, three possibilities: strining yew longs was the first. I immediatly dropped that option, since magic longs give much more XP. So, I stuck to magic longs and thus I needed magic logs. Options: chop them myself or buy them. I chose the latter. It takes AGES to chop a full inventory of them, and while buying them I even make a profit. Another example: planks. I am 88 woodcutting at the moment. I must be crazy chopping oak logs! To go up one level I need almost 4k planks now? Do you think I am going to cut that many oak logs and bring them to the sawmill then? No way!!!

All I am saying is that when trying to level up, u can chop/mine/fish everything yourself. If it is a lot of fun to you, stick to it. But no way I am going to make 4k oak planks to go up just one level... And most of you probably feel the same. So, when levelling, remember: do you really want to put all the effort in it to chop your oak logs and turn them into planks yourself? I know what I will do. And so far it has brought me pretty far :)

Happy scaping guys!

(halloaap0: currectly ranked 1848 overall)

halloaap0.png

may guthix bring you balance...

loved the article, as a guthix follower i couldn't agree more about the skill to 99 race...its just not the guthix way

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

But no way I am going to make 4k oak planks to go up just one level... And most of you probably feel the same. So, when levelling, remember: do you really want to put all the effort in it to chop your oak logs and turn them into planks yourself? I know what I will do. And so far it has brought me pretty far :)

Happy scaping guys!

(halloaap0: currectly ranked 1848 overall)

My construction is only level 70. To get to 70, I chopped oaks outside my house in Taverly, sent Demon Butler to the sawmill, built, then ran back outside to cut another load. Level 70 came quickly this way.

Now that I have unlocked all the Hot-Air Balloon destinations, planking on my own is MUCH faster. You can chop oaks across the bridge from Castle Wars, balloon to the mill, ring back to Castle Wars, repeat. Now I'll just send Demon Butler to the bank to gather planks.

I suspect that as my levels climb, I'll convince myself to invest more coin in making the levels come faster. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, I just haven't needed to go that route for many skills yet.

We all have different methods. One of the great things about RuneScape is that there is always another alternative.

- Ard

a good article and one that inspired me to check the forums - my take was that there are many circles in skilling and the guthix part was a nice sideline.

what i was expecting to find was a lot of good suggestions around skilling such as

range blues, craft hides, alch hides, use bones on alter (why i got high construction) - this is my favorite chain lots of different skills to boost and some money at the end - it also makes me rc and mine for the nats, i made my own iron knives and steels arrows which i ranged with and mined the ores to smith.

i got my agility up just so i could use the pipe shortcut

after a slayer assignment i will plant all my farming patches and as i go to shilo get some vials ready for herblore from ardy and shilo on my way to my slayer master. i will do herblore once i get enough herbs of one type to make getting 2nds worthwhile. incidently if im low on food its off to fish and cook again

i will cut and burn willows west of fally whilst collecting nests for farming - not much of a chain here :-k had to do some firemaking as tears of guthix was going to this which i thought was a waste - let them count to something hard or expensive to do !!!

the only downside of concentrating on my skills rather than standing by the mage trees or rcing all the time is that i must be the poorest lvl123 around

i also enjoy getting my own stuff rather than buying it - yes easy to say for a high level - currently im killing dags to get some spined armour for my costume room and intend to go on the event tomorrow to get rock or skelly. by the way if you are going be carefull they will take 18's off you one took about 40 in 3 hits off me (full rune with oby shield and whip) :oops:

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

My stats are anything but balanced, but I'm perfectly happy with them. :D At least they're all 50+, but then, most of my farming comes from Guthix anyway. Tears for the boring skills ftw~. :thumbsup:

I can't understand why so many people like balancing their stats, anyways. I don't see any reason to train something I don't need or use, such as farming or mining or crafting. The main reasons I've even worked on those skills at all is to work towards my quest cape, and after meeting those requirements they just fall to the wayside. After all, time is power. Not balance.

I highly disagree with the editor's strategies for leveling, constantly switching skills to keep them at a similar level adds up to a lot of wasted time. Zezima has this same belief. I wouldn't stick to a single skill all the way to 99 from, say, 50, but at level 50 I would at least level it 15 levels or so, then perhaps get all the other skills up to the new marker. Leveling skills one at a time, alternating skills after each level or 2, or even 5, generates a lot of wasted time and is thus a very inefficient way to level skills. I suppose it would be most efficient to stick to a single skill all the way to 99, but......oh......the boredom.... the most levels ive ever gotten nonstop in the same skill was probably fletching, which i raised from 46 to 79 in a week or two. So basically i agree with keeping the standard deviation of your skills low, but I highly DISAGREE with the strategy of getting them there.

-johnm131 (muted)

what i was expecting to find was a lot of good suggestions around skilling such as ...

I can't give away all my secrets, now can I? Some things have to remain a mystery.

I was hoping to generate replies with more tips so thanks for posting up some of yours!

After all, time is power. Not balance.

Balance in how you use your time...now THAT is power.

So basically i agree with keeping the standard deviation of your skills low, but I highly DISAGREE with the strategy of getting them there.

-johnm131 (muted)

Use whatever strategy works for you. I'm not trying to change anyone's methods, just sharing some that work for me at this point and time.

- Ard

Nice article. I try to keep mine fairly balanced. Aside from Hunter (haven't been a member since it came out) all of mine are at least 40. Highest right now is hp at 72. Hopefully I will move more towards balanced...although I do like Saradomin better than Guthix :-k

Cieco mondo...cieco mondo

Leveling skills one at a time, alternating skills after each level or 2, or even 5, generates a lot of wasted time and is thus a very inefficient way to level skills.

Well, youve got the same point as I mentioned actually. On the other hand, how about a skill as cooking? I like to go cooking on saturday evening, when it is VERY busy on the fourms. Then I try to sell from last week and buy for next week. I sell my slayer drops, I buy herb seeds. Or when Im doing fletching, at a certain time I run out of logs. So, I start doing other things...

Or how about herblore? GEtting all of the ingredients is very difficult. You cant stick to that for ages, u just dont have the materaisl. SAy, you need to go from 84 to 85, like me now. Thats 250k XP. SAying a pot gives about 125 xp per pot made, that means u need over 2k herbs to go up ONE level. ANd I can tell ya, unids are very hard to get nowadays, and picking 2k herbs yourself takes some time too. For some levels its just hard to stick to them, because its almost impossible: u run out of materials.

halloaap0.png

My construction is only level 70. To get to 70, I chopped oaks outside my house in Taverly, sent Demon Butler to the sawmill, built, then ran back outside to cut another load. Level 70 came quickly this way.

Now that I have unlocked all the Hot-Air Balloon destinations, planking on my own is MUCH faster. You can chop oaks across the bridge from Castle Wars, balloon to the mill, ring back to Castle Wars, repeat. Now I'll just send Demon Butler to the bank to gather planks.

I suspect that as my levels climb, I'll convince myself to invest more coin in making the levels come faster. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, I just haven't needed to go that route for many skills yet.

We all have different methods. One of the great things about RuneScape is that there is always another alternative.

- Ard

Nice method, but even then. You still have to run a lot. Second, clicking for the balloon and the sawmill and the ring takes some time too. And third, you get almost no XP for it. Chopping oaks doenst really add up to your woodcutting.

On the other hand, it does save some cash :).

Im just saying, sometimes I invest some money. Question is then: where to get the money from? Runecrafting and since a few weeks: kalphite queen hunting :). The money I get from that I use for dbones, iron bars, or constuction. So I can spend my time on getting XP or doing exciting things like kqing. And for the runecrafting part: I need to get that to 99 once too :P

halloaap0.png

I'm sorry to say that this doesn't apply to me. It's a good article, exspecially for people wanting to keep balance. I go for what i want. My goals are set. If I don't like one skill, I'm not willing to train it until I absolutely have to. It's just me. Good read though! Good job!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

I highly disagree with the editor's strategies for leveling, constantly switching skills to keep them at a similar level adds up to a lot of wasted time. Zezima has this same belief.

-johnm131 (muted)

who cares if zezima believes the same because this isn't about him -.-

any i am a devout follow of guthix and i pretty much try to do this method even if it doesn't look like it lol so total support probably my fave times so wth does everyone hate it :-k

im a Guthix skiller (although my skillz are waaaaay 2 low to be considered a "skiller"). :anxious: No offense to the guys hoo gain xp in 1 thing, but i dont reely like that way... :-w But im glad this article was written, even if it wasnt the most interesting written :-X. Still good that Guthix skilling has been reconizd by someone \'

We have come to this planet in search for intelligent life... Oops we made a mistake!

dragonmzammyvest,Zykes85.gifGuthix ftw!

I dont really follow balance... i have a rather chaotic levelling.

Zamorak must be your driving force as he embodies chaos.

Actually you guessed right im zamorakian till death! muahaha! strength through chaos :x

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!