Tip.It Times Presents: Guthix Skiller

Kiara_Kat

That was a weird article; but I liked the subject. I got very balanced stats/skills, compared to some people who only like a few things. It's too bad balanced characters never get any credit for anything, since ur in between everything.

2480+ total

well no offesnse but im a saradomin supporter i was just wondering, whats the saradomin way of levelling? thanks

good question, iI'd like to know it too, and also the zamorak way...

Hmm If you both read my post at the page 2 of this topic you will find out that the saradomin way to train is being a skiller and the zamorak is being a pker

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

lol it funny i'm going for 99 fire making "blazing" my way to it and after reading this it fuels me even more...why do you ask two reasons guthix is not my type of god I'd take power over balance (w00t go zammy :twisted:) and any way i think and don't take me the wrong way that it does not matter if your skills are in the same range i meen as long as i have fun doing what i do i don't care what others think \'

Well it was a worth wile read i'll give it that but my only question is this why does it matter what your skill are in the game? like i said aslong as we all enjoy it, it should not matter..

~Loot

EDIT: and i belive that these are they ways the god are broken down into by you levs

zammy: numbers ever wich way some low and some high i believe most of his folowers have more high levs then low one's

guthix is as the editor said is balanced from only about 20 lev apart

and finnaly sara: wich i belive is mostly [wagon] skills atleast over 30 and the rest high like zammy

Reffing.png

Now, talking about Guthix I don't think we should classify peoples religion in RuneScape based on their levels but on the way they act:

Let's say there are 2 people and the one has just tricked the other and you see it, how would you act?

I think you would act like these things if you support:

Saradomin - Help the tricked guy by giving him a replacement for the thing he lost.

Guthix - Don't really care because it's not your problem, beside it's survival of the fittest.

Zamorak - You don't like someone being more evil than you so you decide to trick both of them.

Actually, for Saradomin, we're more the type that are too smart to get had by beggars, but if we do see someone getting tricked, we try to stop it before it finishes. If the person has already been tricked, we'll teach them how not to get had the next time. But rarely, if ever, do we just hand out stuff. We're NOT some kind of "Beggar Handout Trays"... :shame:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

i thought it was a good read, but unfortunately quite toothless - i found myself at the end of it before i actually realised what the post was about, it didn't really hit you and make you think, at the same time it didn't really spark anything really worth debating, which to me is the main point of a topic.

although, i do agree with what the author had said, for a long time i strived to raise all of my levels to around the same (and if you see my high scores you will see most of my levels are 60-70) but i do like "breaking away" and making one skill higher than the rest. why keep one skill at level 70 as it's much higher than the others if it is something you enjoy doing? my runecrafting was long lagging behind all of my other levels until Tears of Guthix, now it is a skill i enjoy doing, whereas herblore (which started as a skill i enjoyed) is now tedious. i would much rather spend the hour gaining 2k herblore exp gaining 30k firemaking experience.

I have been brought into the monotony of gaining a skill cape, albeit unintentionally. it may be boring at times, but i see that as a good achievement in itself, whether i buy my logs or cut them (i cut 40%-50% of the logs i use for fletching). but having said that, my next challenge is not to get a skill cape, that is my hobby, my main challenge is to get my lowest level to 65 (and boy is that going to be challenge).

EDIT: just read the other posts regarding religion - how can you have a runescape religion? does that mean you only pray at chaos altars if you are a zammy follower? i personally own all three god books and i have no allegiance to one or the other - the altar in my house is currently zammy until i can get high enough to change it to Bob the Cat, but saying one god is better than the other makes no difference.

Look at Castle Wars for example - do Sara followers only ever go in the sara portal? what happens if it is full, do you not play or do you rick your religion and fight for the opposition? At the end of the day you don't get anything worthwhile from following one god or another.

hmm... runescape atheist :shock:

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png

I liked the article a lot, probably because I recognised myself in what Ard wrote. It was interesting to see these kind of players linked to Guthix - I had never before considered that tears help you in maintaining the Guthan Balance. Tasting all aspects of the game would be typical of the Guthix kind of player. Non-exclusive, all-round and wise :wink:

My stats aren't quite as balanced as Ard's, but I do try to train combat and my other skills equally. Except for runecrafting, I just ignore the existence of that skill.

Now, talking about Guthix I don't think we should classify peoples religion in RuneScape based on their levels but on the way they act:

Let's say there are 2 people and the one has just tricked the other and you see it, how would you act?

I think you would act like these things if you support:

Saradomin - Help the tricked guy by giving him a replacement for the thing he lost.

Guthix - Don't really care because it's not your problem, beside it's survival of the fittest.

Zamorak - You don't like someone being more evil than you so you decide to trick both of them.

Actually, for Saradomin, we're more the type that are too smart to get had by beggars, but if we do see someone getting tricked, we try to stop it before it finishes. If the person has already been tricked, we'll teach them how not to get had the next time. But rarely, if ever, do we just hand out stuff. We're NOT some kind of "Beggar Handout Trays"... :shame:

~Mr. Devnull

Eh? Well in my example it is after the trick is done, and it's my guess of how the different people would react.

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story

If guthix is a balanced skiller

zamorak is a chaotic skiller

what is a saradomin skiller????

:boohoo: :boohoo: :twisted: :|

Someone with no skills at all ;)

Cute for the logic, but I'm going to risk being cheesey:

A Saradomin skiller will raise those skills that are necessary to face the challenges ahead.

[Please note: I do not include myself in this category]

Blecca.png

I don't "strive" to balance. My primary goal is Slayer (currently lvl 76), and I'm also trying to finish all the quests. Those two goals make for a lot of balance on their own.

Until a quest requires firemaking above 52 or until all my other lvls are 99, I will not burn another log. I still haven't figured out the firemaking skill.

I dont really follow balance... i have a rather chaotic levelling with my highest lvl at 83 and my lowest at 33 so maybe the editor likes to have balance but i wont train herblore from lvl 33 to 83!

herblore as a lowest lvl... constructions mine. I have many levels above 70, and somehow my combat skills go above 80. But my highest lvl is 84 and lowest is 15, you can tell i don't like construction (lvl 15).

Yes, i'm a hobo. My discription of myself is:

2 eyes and legs

I only have 1 arm.

I have a nose.

I have hair.

Dear Ard_Choille:

Ive been playing RS for a year now and I enjoy it more everyday. I too play as a balanced skiller/combat.

I love to plan what I want to do and combine all the different skills I need to make it happen.

I too play Tears of Guthrix to keep my weakest skill close to the rest. Now I have all of them above 50.

I like the article and I discrept with the people that didnt. I beleave some of them should think twice before posting/flaming IMHO.

Hope to find u online sometime as we follow the path of Guthrix!!

Capitan Neus

capitan_neus.png

Eh? Well in my example it is after the trick is done, and it's my guess of how the different people would react.

Obviously everyone to their own opinions. I'm just making note of what I know after speaking to several Saradomin followers. Didn't mean to upset you, and I apologize for doing so, Veltia.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Obviously everyone to their own opinions. I'm just making note of what I know after speaking to several Saradomin followers. Didn't mean to upset you, and I apologize for doing so, Veltia.

~Mr. Devnull

I'm not up-set, what really upsets me or give me a feeling of being let down is n00b-requests in my thread.

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story

it was ok, i didnt think this article was that great, the way he purposely kept his magic down by only alcing and teleporting makes little sense to me. Balance to me is good in that its not good to have a few stats very low because you dont like them, but you should never limit yourself from going upwards, thats why i have all my stats 60+ but my highest skill is 94 magic (second is 93 attack) and currently working on 99 magic, i see no reason to hold myself back from that in order to try and keep my stats more even

imnotamonstersig.JPG

23 to 0 castle wars game - http://flame1148.googlepages.com

and i really consider non-combats and combat stats to be different categorys, because i enjoy my high combat (111) at castle wars and other minigames, and i dont mind skilling, but i would never dream of getting all my noncombats up in the 90s with my combats, but yes there is a place for balance in each of the 2 categorys

imnotamonstersig.JPG

23 to 0 castle wars game - http://flame1148.googlepages.com

Ok...I'm just gonna come out and say it...

This method makes the game a chore. When I skill, I "buy" my skills because I have 99 runecrafting. Balance never makes you rich, if anything it makes you slow down significantly. As for slayer, I'm lvl 82 but i stopped - no money involved. I only raise skills that make a lot of money or that are super expensive to raise.

My goal is to be able to do everything (make full rune along with everything else) - Praise Zamorak! :thumbsup:

Ostrowidzki1.png