Login Pin + Screenshot Logger Protection -New RSOF Thread-

Nice , it would be good if jagex

added this feature to the log in window but...

1) People who have to world hop constantly for

a resource would be pretty annoyed .

2) noobs ... new players would probably not

understand ! its there first login the dont need

a pin number thinger to come ups

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

Nice , it would be good if jagex

added this feature to the log in window but...

1) People who have to world hop constantly for

a resource would be pretty annoyed .

2) noobs ... new players would probably not

understand ! its there first login the dont need

a pin number thinger to come ups

1. It would be optional. They could switch to a bank pin while they're mining their rune or whatever so that their bank would still be safe if they get hacked while their doin whatever they're doing. Then they could switch back.

2. They'd learn, just like the bank pin. And again, it's optional.

f203f1850c.png

• 2 weeks later...

This would not so much as delay keyloggers/hackers, because as stated before the keylogger looks for any keystrokes, which are still triggered by on screen keyboards.

As for a pin stopping keyloggers, this could somewhat delay them, but advanced spyware also can just record the screen as well, and yes I've seen it before.

Recording the screen, as in most advanced keyloggers record mouse positions onclick, and take screenshots onclick, so this isn't foolproof.

I hated it in other mmorpg games, it takes forever. I always enter 0000 or 1111 or whichever to hurry up logging in. But since world hopping requires you wait 32~35 seconds so I'm neutral on this idea. (Neither support or anti support)

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png

95% of the posters in this thread don't have a clue what they are talking about.

First off, on-screen keyboard doesn't work, because all it is doing is using a keystroke triggered onclick, so it still sends the keystrokes which will be logged.

Whether or not the pin sends keystrokes (it can, but it also may not), most keyloggers record screenshots onclick, which is why your bank can still be hacked when your account is hacked if you have a pin.

add me to the list :D good idea :thumbsup: ::'

do you beLIEve in higher powers?

now the proud owner of a fire cape as of

~~~~~~~~July 16, 2006~~~~~~~~

~~SOMONE DROPPED MY FIRE CAPE~~ 883092.gif

READ THIS AND YOU WILL KNOW WHY THIS WON'T WORK

Keyloggers now have the ability to take screen shots, and record them when you click. This makes this completely useless, and if you happen to have a Trojan virus, they not only have keyloggers, but screen recorders. i know this as my friend was hacked, and hid bank broken into, and all his money and items taken. then on the following day had nearly 30 black marks due to the hacker's actions on the account. This was a great idea, but it really is pointless now when hackers have found ways past it.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Why can't people just be security wise on the internet?

Besides pins can be taken there are programs that screenshot mouseclicks etc.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Wow, some people are stupid.

I support this idea.

People don't seem to understand what a keylogger is. It logs the keystrokes of your keyboard, therefore making it simple for them to get your password. The PIN number on the screen would of course be different than your bank PIN (I'd hope you'd do that lol). And it's a bit harder to have a screenshot taking logger of some sort. And if it is true that the hacker would have to type in 4 number combinations, there's quite a lot of them. But I do believe Jagex has (for the passwords) if you keep typing the password in wrong then it locks the account. So I'd bet they would do something for the PIN numbers as well.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

READ THIS AND YOU WILL KNOW WHY THIS WON'T WORK

Keyloggers now have the ability to take screen shots, and record them when you click. This makes this completely useless, and if you happen to have a Trojan virus, they not only have keyloggers, but screen recorders. i know this as my friend was hacked, and hid bank broken into, and all his money and items taken. then on the following day had nearly 30 black marks due to the hacker's actions on the account. This was a great idea, but it really is pointless now when hackers have found ways past it.

this guys said it, thats why on screen keyboard dont work as well too. You know...you could just cancel your member's account for a few months, save your money, and get a diecent anti-viros program...thats more proactive.

bombpie.png

PURE F2p