Login Pin + Screenshot Logger Protection -New RSOF Thread-

What's the point... If they have the ability to make themselves more secure (e.g. make a good password and don't give it out, use the bank pin system) but don't use it, they aren't likely to use this either...

Again, many people don't give their passwords out, but they still get hacked by keyloggers. Keyloggers would not be able to get this pin number.

f203f1850c.png

Would be equally easy to steal using a decent keylogger / RAT.

PoC for how it could be easily stolen:

if ( (color under pointer == red) && ( event == mouseDown))

{

save printScreen to same file as keylogger data

}

The person who is in control of the keylogger then just looks for which number is missing, aka which the mouse is over. However most of the keylog distributors do not write their own keloggers but instead use a widely available one, but it still would not be hard to bypass with an easily modified program.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

they already have something like that. Its called a password!!!!! If some one has hacked your computer and found out your password, they would probably know the pin too. or they would just guess a 4 letter combination until they found it.

P.S. This is also the second worst suggestion ever. The holiday item shop comes in first.

Darn straight..... :XD:

No way! Stackable ess was by far the worst!

Good idea, though.

C2b6gs7.png

Good idea, though.

Stackable essences is a great idea! Okay, not really... Makes it too easy to level up in 2 skills...

On Topic: I rather think this idea would work out well. I would most likely use it, as well.

at least somebody pointed out it was 3 words.... finally....

i think this is a good idea but before you know it, BAM theres a new type of keylogger called a screenlogger that loggs everything that happens on your screen when the imput signal the mouse sends... is sent, like a print screen but much more annoying and harder to make because it (with new rooters and internet systems) has to get through at very least 2 firewalls and at VERY least 1 anti virus system.... then has to get back, undetected unstopped and unquestioned, which with todays computers is unlikley but they do still have great gaps in them...

i think that was ontopic, if not this should be good idea =) i like it but it will be flawed one day, there's always someone who's really bad at the game and just has to cheat and make the whole community worse... shame really, i used to like playing with decent people ::'

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

at least somebody pointed out it was 3 words.... finally....

i think this is a good idea but before you know it, BAM theres a new type of keylogger called a screenlogger that loggs everything that happens on your screen when the imput signal the mouse sends... is sent, like a print screen but much more annoying and harder to make because it (with new rooters and internet systems) has to get through at very least 2 firewalls and at VERY least 1 anti virus system.... then has to get back, undetected unstopped and unquestioned, which with todays computers is unlikley but they do still have great gaps in them...

i think that was ontopic, if not this should be good idea =) i like it but it will be flawed one day, there's always someone who's really bad at the game and just has to cheat and make the whole community worse... shame really, i used to like playing with decent people ::'

You mean exactly like what I posted a few above? And apparently you don't understand how firewall or keyloggers work. The average keylogger hijacks off of windows e-mail sending capabilities, uses an anonymous SMTP server to send that mail, and then is received by the operator of the keylogger. To windows and firewalls they just see a peice of email being sent.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

they already have something like that. Its called a password!!!!! If some one has hacked your computer and found out your password, they would probably know the pin too. or they would just guess a 4 letter combination until they found it.

P.S. This is also the second worst suggestion ever. The holiday item shop comes in first.

Darn straight..... :XD:

Good idea, though.

I think ess used to be stackable, but they changed it to stop autoers.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Would be equally easy to steal using a decent keylogger / RAT.

PoC for how it could be easily stolen:

if ( (color under pointer == red) && ( event == mouseDown))

{

save printScreen to same file as keylogger data

}

The person who is in control of the keylogger then just looks for which number is missing, aka which the mouse is over. However most of the keylog distributors do not write their own keloggers but instead use a widely available one, but it still would not be hard to bypass with an easily modified program.

Would swtiching the color backround of the buttons around do anything

f203f1850c.png

wat about people who dont hav bank pins

would it be normal log in for them

or would they hav to get a pin

I believe it has been said that this additional security feature would be optional, but correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway... You would still need to put in your password before the pin display shows correct? I'd rather that this didnt replace passwords all together.
It is optional so it would be in addition to it, I would think.

2 words: On screen keyboard

Thats 3 words...

It is actually 2, if you have it correctly... It should have said on-screen keyboard, but yes... It was 3.

Do you have any idea how many possible combinations there are for a 4 number pin? Millions. Good luck guessing that.

The password is the not the same idea as this. It's an extra security barrier, and I'm guessing it would be different than the bank pin, although and extra thing to remember it would definitely help security. It's a simple idea that could definitely help.

Cons... If someone installs Spyware on your computer, it's likely they will find out this Pin number as well.

Really the most effective way to keep your account safe is to stay away from any suspicious Runescape sites, and only use your Runescape password for Runescape.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

how bout this:

Username: funnibunni9

password: **********************

pin number: ****

This achieves nothing. Your trying to stop keyloggers. This won't cut it. it's just like have 2 typable passwords. It has to be a movable pin.

Yeah you right lol
memememebs9.png

Well, there is a password... I know you know that...

But this can be a nice idea, however, if you only need this pin to login, it's a no-no. Idea I have is that to type in your password, then do the pin, so it's more security,... however, I'd like this sometimes \'

This statement is true. Below is false.

This statement is false. Above is true.

Both statements above are contrapositive.

The below is false.

Life's a mystery... ain't it? You know math... figure it out.

Not a bad idea you got here. I wouldn't put it up because I haven't bee hacked for 3 years now. Bank pin is my back up, I wouldn't mind losing a bit of my armour for my lazyness. Bank pin is hard enough for me.

Quit RuneScape :)

Makes sense, but I wouldnt't like it in there, optional or not. People who don't take care of their computer and get spyware/a virus on it need to learn a lesson, be it losing their RS account or something else :-#

What if the the person was taking care of his computer? A member of his family could have gotten the keylogger.

Well, there is a password... I know you know that...

But this can be a nice idea, however, if you only need this pin to login, it's a no-no. Idea I have is that to type in your password, then do the pin, so it's more security,... however, I'd like this sometimes \'

Passwords will always be there. This pin number would be an extra precaution for the people who choose it.

f203f1850c.png

But let's just say in some occasions, you only have a pin for protection, not the password...

Then It'd be just easier to hack... Because the numbers are from 1-10 only, and a password can be any word with numbers...

But only with the password system, then I support...! :thumbsup:

This statement is true. Below is false.

This statement is false. Above is true.

Both statements above are contrapositive.

The below is false.

Life's a mystery... ain't it? You know math... figure it out.

Do you have any idea how many possible combinations there are for a 4 number pin? Millions. Good luck guessing that.

The password is the not the same idea as this. It's an extra security barrier, and I'm guessing it would be different than the bank pin, although and extra thing to remember it would definitely help security. It's a simple idea that could definitely help.

Cons... If someone installs Spyware on your computer, it's likely they will find out this Pin number as well.

Really the most effective way to keep your account safe is to stay away from any suspicious Runescape sites, and only use your Runescape password for Runescape.

actually the total number of possible 4 number pins in existence are 10000. in a pin based system there would most likely only be the numbers 0-9.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.