Quest "Star" Trifecta

MooseHole

It looks like the RS questmasters have now referenced the 3 major "Star" pop culture entertainment franchises.

In "Slug Menace," there was Col. O'Niall, an obvious reference to StarGate SG1's Col. Jack O'Neil.

In "Enlightened Journey," Auguste is of course supposed to be like Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

And in the newest quest, "The Great Brain Robbery," your own character says something about a hive of scum and villainy when referring to Mos le'Harmless, which is the same way Obi-Wan Kenobi referred to Mos Eisley Spaceport in Star Wars: A New Hope. Also, the monk guy kind of looks like a Rodian or Tusken Raider I guess.

Be sure to look for an Ed McMahon type character in a new Star Search referencing quest soon!

rs0.jpg

It looks like the RS questmasters have now referenced the 3 major "Star" pop culture entertainment franchises.

In "Slug Menace," there was Col. O'Niall, an obvious reference to StarGate SG1's Col. Jack O'Neil.

In "Enlightened Journey," Auguste is of course supposed to be like Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

And in the newest quest, "The Great Brain Robbery," your own character says something about a hive of scum and villainy when referring to Mos le'Harmless, which is the same way Obi-Wan Kenobi referred to Mos Eisley Spaceport in Star Wars: A New Hope. Also, the monk guy kind of looks like a Rodian or Tusken Raider I guess.

Be sure to look for an Ed McMahon type character in a new Star Search referencing quest soon!

We already had Yoda from the Warrior guild, so the trifecta was complete a while ago.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

i whant dark vader to lol maby u wold be able to get his clothing lol

well alot of qests are partly based on real things.. and ul find alot of carecters from other stories.

trust me wont take long befor ul see Harry pPotter or Aragon jumping arownd lol

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

True, but they always give little jokes here and there. :)

*Another Crackdown fan I see!

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

We already had Yoda from the Warrior guild, so the trifecta was complete a while ago.

Where did you see yoda i have been there and nobody says anything about him or looks like him.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Where did you see yoda i have been there and nobody says anything about him or looks like him.

At least one of the trainers talks like him (changes the order of the words in the sentence); I forget which one, though.

The mention of Darth Vader reminded me of an old RSC fake I saw once. Somewhere in deep there was Darth Vader, and when you had the cursor over him, it said "Darth Vader: Death / 0 More Options" (Or something like that; that was quite a while ago)

I'm wondering what's next; Doctor Who? (What would the TARDIS look like in RuneScape?)

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

well alot of qests are partly based on real things.. and ul find alot of carecters from other stories.

First of all: Its "Darth Vader" not "Dark Vader".

Second: It's "Eragon" not "Aragon"

Third: Can you please type right, or double check your writing? If you dont speak english as your native language, please accept my appoligies.

Third: Can you please type right, or double check your writing? If you dont speak english as your native language, please accept my appoligies.

Considering this is about 'pop' culture, I would think he meant Aragorn, not Eragon

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

yeah they make a lot of references sometimes.

the programmers have a good sense of humor sometimes

for example, I was just doing both miscellania+etceteria quests today, and one of the guards says in it "You're the king? Well I didn't vote for you!" which is from monty python + the holy grail

I see references all the time, and I'm always like, that was pretty cool! But I usually forget things like this in about a day, so whatever.

Third: Can you please type right, or double check your writing? If you don't speak english as your native language, please accept my apologies.

He's dyslexic...

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Third: Can you please type right, or double check your writing? If you don't speak english as your native language, please accept my apologies.

He's dyslexic...

He also didn't capitalize "English". :wink:

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

i dont think Col. O'Niall is a reference to stargate, probably just a coincidence my guess is they were just trying to make it sound like colonial in its literal for for whatever reason.
kirby-sig.gif

...In "Slug Menace," there was Col. O'Niall, an obvious reference to StarGate SG1's Col. Jack O'Neil.

Where do you get "Jack" from? It's just a play on the word "colonial".

...And in the newest quest, "The Great Brain Robbery," your own character says something about a hive of scum and villainy when referring to Mos le'Harmless, which is the same way Obi-Wan Kenobi referred to Mos Eisley Spaceport in Star Wars: A New Hope...

You're a little late on that one - it's called that in "Cabin Fever".

(Mos le'Harmless is, of course, a H2G2 joke - also originally in "Cabin Fever".)

RS1600.png

um sorry if its bothering u.... but I'm sure i meant Aragon not Eragon.. and read the first line in my signature.

and ty to those that did :mrgreen:

o and ye i dont use English in ewery day life. lock at the bar and ul see im from finland.

ps sorry for this spam.

som of u are talking about youda. i havnt seen him! lol have to go ther lol

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Yes, if you talk to Evil Bob one of the things he will say is a line from The Empire Strikes Back

"Yes, I AM your father. Join with me and together we can overthrow Zamorak" at which point your cat gets kinda freaked out and stops talking.

i dont think Col. O'Niall is a reference to stargate, probably just a coincidence my guess is they were just trying to make it sound like colonial in its literal for for whatever reason.
Col. stands for Colonel (pronounced kernel), and he makes a bunch of references to StarGate. I can't remember them specifically since I did that quest so long ago, but I remember they were there.

Dont forget Bob and his Darth Vader conv.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Bob's Darth Vader stuff, good call.
rs0.jpg

Doctor Who is the longest running sci-fi show...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.