My gift to all you guys... (fourth annual)

trapical

Merry Christmas TIp.it! For three years now on Christmas Eve I have presented you guys with a gift. Unfortunatly, while this medium doesn't allow me to physically give you guys gifts, I usually find some cool little free web app or game and present it to you guys.

This year is a bit different. I just finished a fairly time consuming charity drive here at Tip.it and I am now actually typing this from an Internet Caf̮̩̉̉ from downtown Waikiki in Hawaii. Therefore, since I don't have my computer, instead of finding a free web app I can present to you guys, I decided to give you guys three random things that you can either use for the rest of your life or at the very least make you smile when you see it. There are three. One for convenience, one for times of stress, and one for happiness.

The fist gift, one of convenience, may seem silly at first, but trust me, its useful. Believe It or not I use this skill about once a week ever sine I learned it some 6 months ago. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s something I know a few of you will find helpful I the future at various timesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ It is the skill known as ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅHow to make a cup out of paper!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

I'll have to try that cup thingy. :)

And nice to know about the sleep, but the whole +/- 10 minutes thing bugs me. I don't always fall asleep instantaneously, I usually am laying there for like 10-30 mins before I actually fall asleep.

Thank you and Merry Christmas. :D

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

:D I was looking forward to this soooo much, thank you Trapical!

I look forward to using the first and second gift (I can use the second gift when I get up early on wed.). and that puppy is just so cute!

*Gives Trapical a Christmas hug!*

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Can you seriously put water in those cups? I'm gonna make one right now =)

And hah! I now have a real excuse to go to bed later. I've always felt like I kind of wake up in the early morning, but it's too early to get up, so I fall back asleep, and when it's time to get ready for school, I'm in the middle of a deep sleep, so I'm really tired.

Number 3: Aww...

Merry Christmas =)

EDIT: Wow, I'm surprised that actually worked with the water o_o

i learned how to make those cups in school earlier this year.

a normal piece of wide ruled paper can hold about 2-3 drinks of waterso if your ever dying of thrist in the desert and all you have for survival is paper and you find an oasis you know what to do

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

He should have used a pug. They're naturally cute, yet downright ugly. it's awesome.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

That second one is a really big help to me. Im forever getting what seemed to be a good amount of sleep and feeling groggy and vice versa.

Thank you. :D

iteme3721.jpg

Today, playing RS (yes, I still play), a friend of mine gave me a great gift. A toy soldier, doll and mouse and a rabbit's foot. Those small details are the most touching, they are the best gifts.

It was amazed that number 1 worked with water, and it can really get to br very useful in the near future.

About number 2, I had always wondered that. Now I'll be able to get naps without waking up feeling groggy. Thanks a lot!

As an answer to number 3, I find kitties cuter than dogs. I had seen this pic floating around before, and here it is. Merry Christmas to all Tif'ers!

holiday-kitty-glitter-lg.jpg

Tropical... you're such an amazing person. :P Marry me? <3:

Too late. He'll marry me. Right, Trapical? I even spelled your name correctly!

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Those cups are awesome...I make em all the time. :P

As for the sleep thing, It always puzzled me why I felt relatively awake after staying up until around one AM and waking up at around five-thirty. Awesome.

Nice pic. Here's mine:

kristmaskittenrm6.jpg

OMG yay Kristmas Kitten!!! :D

Merry Christmas guys. :)

Cool stuff trap :D.

The sleep thing will probably help me out, although I'm like the other guy in this thread -- it usually takes me a little to actually get to sleep. Will that still 'work'?

Nice advice.

I've done the cup thing before and it really does work. Thanks for the sleep cycle knowledge. I had always wondered why, when I had gone to bed early and gotten like 10 hours of sleep I still felt tired in the morning. Won't make that mistake again

Very cute puppy <3:

Merry Christmas! ::'

K_G_Is_Me.png

I've been looking forward to this for a couple of days now! I'm really gonna try that cup thing, though I'm not good with paper folding. :P I knew about the sleep cycles though I'm bad with math and I was unable to really calculate how much sleep you need to correspond waking up at the end of the REM cycle. :P

Merry Christmas, Trapical!

3898000bYVcx.png

Merry Christmas, and thanks Trapical. :)

I'll definitely try to take your 90 minute thing into account near finals and hectic times next semester. It'll hopefully give me that edge I need. :)

Lol I'm sooo gonna use the sleep trick. Only problem is I don't have an exact point at which I doze off, so I cant always be accurate.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Thanks man. I also have problems falling asleep right away. I really do appreciate the effort you put into these every year though. Have a Merry Christmas guys.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Heh, that cup trick is awesome. I made a giant Xmas hat out of a bunch of paper cups, now the aliens can't get me. ::'

And, as for number two, that's cool, I never knew that... But it'll come in handy for bartering a bedtime.

Well, all we can say about number three is... Squeeee! <3:

Merry Xmas Trapical, and all of TiF!

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Heh, that cup trick is awesome. I made a giant Xmas hat out of a bunch of paper cups, now the aliens can't get me. ::'

can i has a pic plz?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Wow marriage requests, thats a first ::'

Many of you have mentioned that it takes quite some time for you to fall asleep. Simple then: if 7 hours, 30 minutes of sleep is your planned 90 minute interval and you take 20 minites to fall asleep, set your alarm clock to go off in 7 hours and 50 minites. Get it? It's quite simple really. Usually you don't have to worry about this though, as the effectiveness of using the sleep cycles have a diminishing return the longer you sleep. If your sleeping 8 hours a day it won't be that much of a difference when you switch to 7.5 hours. However if your getting less than 4 hours of sleep? If your getting less than 2 hours? Thats when using the 90 minute rule makes a HUGE difference.

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments, and a Merry Christmas to all of you once more. Have fun with your cups ::'

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg