The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

UPDATE 28/06/2008

new poll , pleas vote who you think that will win the tournament

UPDATE 23/06/2008

poll has been added pleas vote

UPDATE 20/06/2008

i just dicovered this usersig on the internet and i tought it would be cool to support my tread

if u wanna support my tread then put this in ur siggy :

20453.png

i support The Euro 2008 tread!(click the euro 2008 siggy)

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=744268][img=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/psvstef/userbar/20453.png][/url]

[i]i support The Euro 2008 tread!(click the euro 2008 siggy)[/i]

---------

hi there

i made this tread for all those who like to talk about euro 2008

discuss matches , teams , and more!

also vote for who u think that will win and who your favorite team is the form showed below

my tought on who will win:

my favorite team:

why i think this team will win:

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now Netherlands are up 2-0 on Italy only 32 mins in....huge upset

hehe i'm watching to , i bet whit my friend that holland would win (only for 1 euro , it's for fun)

hope they'll do :P

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

My tought on who will win: Before this tourney I thought Italy would win it, but after today's loss I don't know it..

My favorite team: The Netherlands

Why i think this team will win: -

3-0!

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

The thing about the Italy Holland game that struck me was that Italy didn't really do anything wrong, Holland were just brilliant. It was the performance of the tournament so far, it'll be interesting to see if they can maintain that form. The speed of their 2 counter attacking goals were really impressive, I didn't really rate them too highly going into this tournament but I was impressed tonight. Giovanni Van Bronckhorst was really impressive, helped with the 2 legitimate goals lol.

Alternatively, France were terrible tonight. I felt they'd have a decent chance in this tournament but at this rate both Holland and Italy should be able to turn them over easily. They just seemed to have no fight, no desire or urgency about their play. Romania didn't really show much either but they were made to look better than hey were by how badly France played. I wouldn't be surprised to see France go out in the group stage at this rate, if they do I hope for their sakes they use this as an excuse get rid of Domenech. Any coach who picks his players based on their star-sign is laughable.

Portugal were pretty good in their game. I think they're a really strong team technically even if they didn't have Ronaldo. They lack a decent out-and-out centre forward (Nuno Gomes isn't great in my opinion) which is why I'd play Ronaldo through the middle as he has the height to be an aerial threat and skill on the ball. I was impressed with how well they passed against Turkey, they made it look easy. Pepe played well, I haven't seen him at Real Madrid yet so I was surprised at how much he was able to get forward and of how much of threat he was when he went forward.

The Germans were alright against Poland, they did enough to win without being particularly brilliant. I was upset at Klose, before the tournament I bet that he would end up the tournament's top scorer, he blew so many great chances and passed at times where any other striker would have shot which was really frustrating. While they didn't play great in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if they got to the final by doing just enough to progress through the rounds in a stereotypically German efficient manner.

However, of the teams who've played so far, the Dutch have been the most impressive to me.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Lol, I lost a s... load of money on Italy losing to Netherlands 3-0. Pretty big disappointment, extremely bad luck too.

------------

Bet slip

Draw/Italy Win @1.17x, $350, win $0 lose $350

Total goals scored 2.5> @1.45x, $2500, win $0 lose $2500

First half to have less than 2 goals @1.04x, $900 win $0 lose $900

------------

Ah well, trying to make more sure bets next time, like under 3.5 goals in a very tight game. Euro games have just begun though, anything can still happen.

Lol, I lost a s... load of money on Italy losing to Netherlands 3-0. Pretty big disappointment, extremely bad luck too.

------------

Bet slip

Draw/Italy Win @1.17x, $350, win $0 lose $350

Total goals scored 2.5> @1.45x, $2500, win $0 lose $2500

First half to have less than 2 goals @1.04x, $900 win $0 lose $900

------------

Ah well, trying to make more sure bets next time, like under 3.5 goals in a very tight game. Euro games have just begun though, anything can still happen.

I know how you feel, I lost out because of France today, although it wasn't much. It's not too bad though, I called the first 4 matches and only lost out on the France game.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

I know how you feel, I lost out because of France today, although it wasn't much. It's not too bad though, I called the first 4 matches and only lost out on the France game.

Yeah, that game was weird.. You'd expect France to easily win them, but they didn't really even have any close calls. Did you lose bad on that?

I put X2 on france/draw @1.20x, $200 bucks, and straight $100 on X (draw only), profited from that 1. I almost knew it'd be a draw so was afraid to put it all bluntly on France.

Tomorrow's Greece vs Sweden

------------

Bet slip

Total goals scored 3.5> @1.21x, $4900, undecided

GAME BEGINS 10 Jun 08 20:45 CET

------------

Crossing my fingers for now, I think it's a pretty clear under 3.5 on that game. Thinking about 1-0, 1-1 or 0-0 scores for that match. As long as it's under 3.5 goals though it's fine, hehe.

Which bookies do you use BTW 1_man_army?

I didn't lose much, I'm a cautious gambler lol. I like to make lots of small-medium bets.

I had them and Spain for a double, I thought Spain would have been the riskier of the 2 considering how they never seem to do too well in tournaments.

I still have;

Double - Romania & Switzerland to finish bottom of their groups

Klose for top scorer (not looking good after his performance against Poland)

Double - Potugal to beat Switzerland & Czech Rep. to beat Turkey (not sure)

Double - Portugal to beat the Czechs & Turkey to beat Switzerland

France to win (each way) (not looking good)

Porugal to win each way (we'll see)

Doesn't matter too much I made most of my stakes back on my Euro 2008 bets after getting the first 4 games correct, everything else is a bonus.

edit - at the moment I'm using Paddypower but I'm considering a change for better odds & new members deals. If Greece defend as they did last time you should get that win.

wild_bunch.gif

What odds you got on that double? Seems like a pretty interesting combo that my bookie doesn't offer. Portugal is huge favourite over Czech rep., Turkey is slight fav over the Swiss team. Could drop some 50 bucks on that if the odds are nice.

What odds you got on that double? Seems like a pretty interesting combo that my bookie doesn't offer. Portugal is huge favourite over Czech rep., Turkey is slight fav over the Swiss team. Could drop some 50 bucks on that if the odds are nice.

I got 2-1 on the Turkey game and Evens on the Portugal game, overall it worked out as 6-1. The odds are slightly different now though Portugal are 10-11 to beat Czech Republic (Turkey has same odds) so it works out as 5.73-1. It's not much difference but I'd think you'd prefer to know.

wild_bunch.gif

Put a tenner on Croatia at 14/1. Thats about it for me, just wanted a team to support. Gone and Bought a shirt and got the national anthem as my ringtone.

Was thinking about having a flutter on Russia aswell - could do quite well under Hiddink and had nice odds too, but I have a strange attraction to Slavan Bilic. Not that I've played it, but he reminds me of the guy on the GTA IV advert when he is walking towards the camera and all that stuff is blowing up.

Decided with a couple of mates that if our team gets to the final we are gonna try going to that country for a weekend. Options are Prague, Zagreb or Amsterdam. Problem with Zagreb is the price of getting there. Not overly likely anyway. Amsterdam is a real possibility though, although i reckon they may have peaked to early - like the Argies at the WC.

iteme3721.jpg

Croatia are a good side but I think they lack a goal scorer. If Eduardo hadn't gotten injured I would have put money on them. Also I have to agree with you on Slavan Bilic, he's just cooler than the other coaches at the tournament. He's pretty rock'n'roll lol.

wild_bunch.gif

To be honest, I don't think Croatia have any chance to win the entire contest :D But more power to you if they do... I don't make outright-winner bets, too volatile and risky. Heck, Greece won the last time, and their odds were 105 : 1 in the beginning by Ladbrokes. They even beat Portugal in the final game. Anything can happen. You got great odds with 14:1 though, so I hope you get the bet right.

Thinking about :

Switzerland v Turkey

Goals:1.5 under:2.50x over:1.50x

That game will very likely see 2 goals IMO, maybe 1-1, deciding the bet amount tomorrow.

Does anyone else here have a pool bet (Don't really know the proper English term for that one) going? Basically you pay a certain amount of money (10 in my case) to try to predict all the matches, plus a few extra things (number of goals, number of cards, top scorer, etc.). Everything is worth a certain amount of points, and at the end of the tournament the one with the most points wins.

Does anyone else here have a pool bet (Don't really know the proper English term for that one) going? Basically you pay a certain amount of money (10 in my case) to try to predict all the matches, plus a few extra things (number of goals, number of cards, top scorer, etc.). Everything is worth a certain amount of points, and at the end of the tournament the one with the most points wins.

Didn't buy it, but I know plenty of sites that do pool betting for Euro 2008. Partybets offers 1.3 million dollars to the person who can predict the outcome of every game (don't need to know exact goals, just winner, loser/tie), for about $1 if I recall correctly. Not sure if the offer is still up at this stage.

I'm rooting for Spain this year, though they'll probably never win. Worst thing about being in Oz is that all the games are on at either 3am or 5am :(

edit - nooo, what happened to my av?

sig2ho7.jpg

I know Croatia probably won't win, but I just wanted a team to support and not one of the 'big-guns'. Plus I don't really do too many bets for fear of the bookies finding out im not 18...and my mum disapproves. :oops:

Here is a (rather shoddy) webcam picture of my sporting my new Croatia shirt:

Picture7.jpg

A truly devoted fan :mrgreen:

Rather enjoying the tournament without In-Ger-Land tbh, first time I've really seen a big tournament without them in it (Not counting Copa America of course :mrgreen:) seeing as i was only 4 years old last time.

Not happy seeing Scolari go to Chelsea, bit of a cunner as far as im concerned, although I've not really hated them as much as i ought to in the past so this should help. :D

iteme3721.jpg

Lmao I almost had a heart attack watching Turkey last night!

I needed them to beat Switzerland, which normally they would have done easily but the rain made the first half a joke. Turkey couldn't pass of dribble and then the Swiss got the luck goal when the ball stopped just in front of Hakan Yakin. I'm glad Turkey fought back and won though, not only did they deserve it but they helped my financial situation (I needed the Swiss to finish bottom of their group as well so I needed it for 2 bets lol).

As for the overall tournament, I'm getting afraid that Portugal and Spain are peaking too early, and France (one of my pre-tournament picks) are just terrible.

wild_bunch.gif

I also had winner 1 or winner 2- bet on the game yesterday, got lucky as hell Turkey scored the winning goal on additional time.

P.S: I got $1k on X/2 result in favour of Germany today @ the lowly odds of 1.16.. No offense Angryjoe ;) Should be pretty clear $116 bucks.

And yeah, I understand about not betting a lot if you're under 18. Your bookie probably wont be too happy, or could use it as a reason to freeze all your money.