Spore

Denismage

Basically, spore is a simulation game which lets you control life forms starting with cellular level. You evolve, gain knowledge, create weapons, technology, etcetera.

Here's a gameplay preview:

In the game you can create your own species using a creature creation tool. Here's some footage of that tool in action.

Creature creator demo is not released yet, but it has been leaked. I don't know whether it is against tip.it rules or not so if someone wants to get a copy, pm me.

Discuss.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm completely engrossed in this demo! Here's my first creation:

CRE_Lightning-067fad06_ful.png

It basically makes everything work for you, but I'm still working on getting realistic proportions and everything. There are some crazy looking ones on the sample creatures page, but it's fun recreating animals too.

I'm gonna check out the demo, but I'm pretty sure I heard about this game 3-4 years ago. It's taking them ages to release it.

3-4 years ... Thats NOTHING.

Exactly, think about Duke Nukem Forever.

Having since read up on it, the game was originally intended to be released in 2006... so I'd say they're running slightly behind schedule.

Harrington.gif

Having since read up on it, the game was originally intended to be released in 2006... so I'd say they're running slightly behind schedule.

I would rather see them take those 2 years and perfect the game instead of releasing something half [wagon].

tFtfA.jpg

Here's a cool thing to try. Save the standard .png files you see posted (or send someone else yours). Then click and drag the file into the spore creature editor and you'll have that one. The creature's data is embedded into the picture. Try this one: :P

500000186673.png

You can find a lot more on the spore site or other forums.

3-4 years ... Thats NOTHING.

Exactly, think about Duke Nukem Forever.

Duke Nukem - Maybe in the next 7 years will actually get IN GAME footage.

But I was thinking more towards the company valve.

I made something...weird with the trial version.

Drag and drop this into spore:

142v5lw.png

Another picture:

[hide=]wj9e2s.png[/hide]

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I hope that the creature creator is VERY customizable... I have a couple of ideas that need the ability to work with the insides of something to be implemented. To put it simply, if I can do all that I want to, anyone and everyone who comes across my creature shall HATE me. :twisted: \' ::' :mrgreen:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Duke Nukem - Maybe in the next 7 years will actually get IN GAME footage.

But I was thinking more towards the company valve.

Some guy's show (was on joystiq a few weeks back) got some footage of Duke nukem forever in action.

Wasn't much, but the game is playable.

Found an Easter Egg, if you spin the galaxy on the main menu around really fast using the mouse, Will Wright's head pops up.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Chairy.png

SwingsetOfDoom.png

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?

LOL those are great :mrgreen: ,

I also love SPORE *check my ava*,

Can't wait till the real full version release <3:

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Chairy.png

SwingsetOfDoom.png

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?

LOL those are great :mrgreen: ,

I also love SPORE *check my ava*,

Can't wait till the real full version release <3:

You can export .gifs and use them as avatars. I like the features of the creature creator, you can create a video and upload it directly to youtube. :thumbsup:

sporegif20080618155414we3.gif