the playstation 4, super wii and xbox 720

imbackstinkers

what are you expecting from each of the next gen consoles?

will the wii finally up it's graphics?

who do you expect to win the next console war because let's face it the wii has already won this 1 because the console that's selling the most after the first two years of a generation of console wars (the playstation and playstation 2 both outsold their counterparts for the first two years also)

will any of them merge?

will online be in every single game?

can each console live up to the hype

will the playstation team return to their former glory?

will microsoft ever dominate the market?

which console will you buy and what features do you hope it will have?

Lol Super Wii and Xbox 720, that just set the tone for the whole thread right there.

And most of the questions your asking are completly pointless, nearly next to nothing as been announced about any of the 4th generation consoles and tbh i couldn't care less about them atm as the 3rd gen consoles probably still have a good few years yet.

keen.png

We're about a good four/five years off the next generation, but yeah...

Anyways, if Nintendo develop a new console, I doubt it will be a continuation of the Wii. Continuing the SNES with the N64 and NGC didn't bring them much success.. They're best when they're pushing the boundaries, so I expect that's exactly what they'll do next generation.

Secondly, the Wii doesn't need to "up its graphics". They're fine. They're just not as good as XBox's or PS's. That doesn't make them terrible.

Because you want an answer instead

what are you expecting from each of the next gen consoles?

will the wii finally up it's graphics?

who do you expect to win the next console war because let's face it the wii has already won this 1 because the console that's selling the most after the first two years of a generation of console wars (the playstation and playstation 2 both outsold their counterparts for the first two years also)

Thats naeive...Its not till consoles drop below $200 that we see there selling potential, we still have 1 console and another console with sku's over $200 and the wii is selling because it is a cheaper console and they can market the affordable experience

will any of them merge?

No...but i can see microsoft partnering with toshiba to make there console technology available in blu-ray players/media centres, kind of like DVD players and you can have multiple iterations and specs.

No.Its proposterous to demand online in every game now where seeing games released based on a single experinece, that can contain multiplayer but its most likely single player like bioshock.

Thats reletive to the demographic you ask.

The "playstation team" havent changed, except for the fact they released a brand new console and it was extremely slow to take off.

No, they splintered there market and created consumer trepedation from RROD.Its too late to reset the brand and well have to wai t and see from there next offerings.

which console will you buy and what features do you hope it will have?

Thats like reading tea leaves, we dont know how the next consoles will come out.Its not impossible for microsoft to release 2 consoles, a cheap console under $200 to penetrate the casual market more and a hardcore box, this can complicate matters if one is doing incredible and the other isnt.

Nintendo is the biggest mystery because of the nature of there technology and there new philosyphys on game design and input.I think to just expect better graphics is concerning because wii has never been positioned as a motion control system but as the acessibility system so we could see it with anything really.TRACKBALL!!!!!

Sony has the best of both worlds because as much as its faded they have a distinctive brand loyality, much more than microsoft because of ps2 and they do have the resources to release 2 consoles (unlikely) and they can release another high end box and change directions with the ps3.

In terms of options i think Sony again have it best just because theyve established a system cycle with ps2 of 10 years and ps3 again with 10 years, or so theyve told us.Microsoft dont ahve that because they murdered xbox and nintendo because of the nature of there hardware will fall so far behind the curve that it starts to show with consumers.I think that the next gen will start in 2009/2010 with xbox again, its there way of reseting the console platform and racking in the hardcore sales who have to buy every console on release and they see it as a better way of getting to the magical 10 million.Nintendo i think will reiterate wii, but you wont see there new console on the market till maybe 2011.Thats a guess.

EDIT:You say wii graphics are fine, there fine to the typical consumer who doenst have a HDTV,When HDTV penetration increases and the price slashing commences we will see a shift in public oppinion, as in "oh it looks cute" to "why do i have a face like a hexagon"

tifsdac6mc.gif

Well Nintendo could just repackage the Wii in a different box and it would probably still sell next gen. It depends whether they continue down the "money grabbing" route and just make something that will sell or make real improvements to the Wii, like better graphics.

Don't evade the censor please. ~Mamong

mgssteelwarol7.png

will any of them merge?

why the hell would they merge? thats as dumb as asking if canada and america will one day become a single country.

pretty much every multiplayer game has an online option already.

what hype?

although im not a ps3 fan, playstation is doing fine. they will never get back to the hype surrounding the original playstation because there are too many competitors now.

microsoft already dominates the market in places like japan. the xbox 360 is sold out and has already outsold the wii and ps3 for the first time there.

pretty stupid thread.

When Blu-ray takes over, the PS3 will leap out of last place like a tiger leaping on his prey. [/badanalogy]

We're still far off from the next (Eighth?) generation. There were 5 years and 3 days (I think) between the releases of the Gamecube and Wii. It hasn't even been three years since the Wii and PS3 came out.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Nintendo has stated already that they want to do a "normal" gaming console for their next. Likewise Sony and Microsoft's consoles will probably be so damn near a PC we won't be able to tell much of a difference.

And while all of this is going on I"ll be enjoying my PC :P

There were 5 years and 3 days (I think) between the releases of the Gamecube and Wii. It hasn't even been three years since the Wii and PS3 came out.
Not even 2 years...and not even 3 since 360. But announcements of new systems have in the past come ~3-5 years after the previous cycle. So depending on Microsoft's strategy (of which no one could say for sure), we might be seeing a new announcement in the next 1-2 years (as a minimum, but still). Though if I were them, I would probably hold off: that would put a huge dent in their 360 sales, as this generation seems to be running its course slower than last ones ("next-gen" is still regularly used to describe 360, PS3 and Wii).

microsoft already dominates the market in places like japan.

:lol:
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

There were 5 years and 3 days (I think) between the releases of the Gamecube and Wii. It hasn't even been three years since the Wii and PS3 came out.
Not even 2 years...and not even 3 since 360. But announcements of new systems have in the past come ~3-5 years after the previous cycle. So depending on Microsoft's strategy (of which no one could say for sure), we might be seeing a new announcement in the next 1-2 years (as a minimum, but still). Though if I were them, I would probably hold off: that would put a huge dent in their 360 sales, as this generation seems to be running its course slower than last ones ("next-gen" is still regularly used to describe 360, PS3 and Wii).

My math is terrible. :lol: Well, my point still stands. (I'm not arguing with you, if it seems that way...)

Microsoft seems like it's going to go down this casual gamer lane, the same way Nintendo did. If they do, I think they'll do a better job, but probably still not a very good job.

Yay PC gamers! ::'

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Nintendo has stated already that they want to do a "normal" gaming console for their next. Likewise Sony and Microsoft's consoles will probably be so damn near a PC we won't be able to tell much of a difference.

Yeah screw xbox live and paying for DLC, RUNNING ON STEAM BABY!!!now that is a fanboy comment, but when you can get most of rockstars past gen titles from GTA and max payne for $30, im staying.

tifsdac6mc.gif

The next generation definitely won't be out for another couple of years. I also don't think anyone can say who will win the next console war, if anything I'd say Nintendo again because of all the revenue they are getting from their massive console sales. That or Microsoft/PS pull off something amazing.

Actually, let me say that differently. The only way that a console will win the next generation is if it manages truly 3-dimensional technology. I'm not talking about holograms, I'm think the whole headset + Wii-mote like setup. That doesn't mean that Nintendo is one step closer, I'd say they are the farthest from the level of graphics needed to replicate truly 3-D environments with headsets.

Any console that doesn't have graphics that rival real life won't be the next generation. This provides an even greater technology block. Not only do we need better consoles, but also better screens.

Really, all I need to make my ideal "next-generation console" is the ability to emulate these games on a PC. Basically, I get very powerful PC, install software on it that allows the computer to read gaming DVD's, and then I just hook it up to a TV. This is probably the way M$ could win the next generation. Allow their console software to be sold. The only advantage of a console is the guarantee that a game will work, since it's been designed for that specific build of console.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I don't see the playstation moving on past the ps3...It's in a large enough slump that it could end the company altogether. If anything, I think microsoft will buyout the ps3 and there wil only be 2 rivals, nintendo and microsoft.

Super Wii? Where did you get that?

One of my friends(who is, to say it nicely an idiot) thinks that the next console nintendo is going to make is going to be called the Wiivatron(Dunno if that's how he would write it).

And I really hope that if playstation does continue they make a cool name. Like Playstation X.(Or have they already made it? :| )

As for the Xbox...I actually hope microsoft doesn't bother and they just sell the right to make halo/fable/whatever to Nintendo or Sony and they continue with it.

Mysticblade.jpg

ssbbbrawlclubgreen.gif

People in OT eat glass when they are bored. :twss:

OT'ers pee in other peoples drinks :wall:

Super Wii? Where did you get that?

One of my friends(who is, to say it nicely an idiot) thinks that the next console nintendo is going to make is going to be called the Wiivatron(Dunno if that's how he would write it).

And I really hope that if playstation does continue they make a cool name. Like Playstation X.(Or have they already made it? :| )

As for the Xbox...I actually hope microsoft doesn't bother and they just sell the right to make halo/fable/whatever to Nintendo or Sony and they continue with it.

Although I am a loyal nintendo fan, i really hate the idea of selling Halo to nintendo. Think about it.

Master Chief: Oh darn, a troop lost his helmet.

You: Dont worry! I'll go find it!

Master Chief: Check you're map. It is marked in section R. It is under a rock, and you will need proper equipment to remove the rock.

(You have to find some special shovel or something. In the typical gimmicky sense of nintendo.)

I know, that sucked bad. But thats how nintendo would probably butcher it. All nintendo games have characters crying about a lost object or something.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

Yeah screw xbox live and paying for DLC, RUNNING ON STEAM BABY!!!now that is a fanboy comment, but when you can get most of rockstars past gen titles from GTA and max payne for $30, im staying.

Point is pc gaming is coming back.

They just need to be more wow like on system requirements so that an average pc can play it well.

I definitely hope that PC gaming is coming back. I'm considering buying a wired 360 controller just so I can use it for PC games. I know I've said before that I don't like PC gaming, but really, it is way better. I will need a better computer though...

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

It's experience.

I definitely hope that PC gaming is coming back. I'm considering buying a wired 360 controller just so I can use it for PC games. I know I've said before that I don't like PC gaming, but really, it is way better. I will need a better computer though...

Do that and your guts will be spread against the wall from the word go. Keyboard And Mouse .. FTW

:uhh: But I like my controllers...

It's experience.

I don't see the playstation moving on past the ps3...It's in a large enough slump that it could end the company altogether. If anything, I think microsoft will buyout the ps3 and there wil only be 2 rivals, nintendo and microsoft.
You really are an idiot.

Am I or am I not entitled to my own opinion?