Champion's Challenge in dire need of an update

Erichermit

You probably don't know what the champion's challenge is. Less than half the people I meet on runescape even know it exists. This is because the rewards for the challenge are so atrocious that barely anyone considers completing it.

I am currently completing it rewardless because I love the idea, but it is apparent that the reward for this game is way undervalued. You receive 10 banners on a wall that only you can see. You also "Get" a throne, but you can't sit in it. Nor can other people see you with it. The current reward is about 3000 HP xp and 3000 slayer xp. It requires you to kill on average 50,000 monsters. There are 10 lower scrolls: Imp, Goblin, Skeleton, Zombie, Giant, Ghoul, Jogre, Hobgoblin, Earth Warriors, and Lesser Demons. The drop rate is approximately 1/5000 for each scroll. Some people get a scroll in less than 400 kills and there have been reports of some people taking over 25000 kills to get their scroll. As you can see, this takes VERY long. Months for most people.

3k slayer xp and hp xp can be easily found in about 15 minutes of on task slayer.

First, I propose that the 10 lower scroll's remain the same. That's right, I'm not crazy. Well, perhaps house decorations of the banners you have. That'd be nice.

However, I propose that the HIGHER champions have better rewards.

Leon D' Cour: Ability to put a Champion's Throne in your house. Same as the throne he used to sit on.

TzHaar Champion: Obsidian Battleaxe. This would have about the same or better stats than a dragon battleaxe, but be obsidian, which means that the beserker necklace would give it a nice bonus.

After those two though Im not sure about the rewards, but I'll try to come up with something.

Gnome Champion: Perhaps gnomish agility boots, for an even better weight reduction than boots of lightness. Or perhaps a set 50% reduction in run loss speed. Or perhaps an improvement of agility xp from agility courses.

Werewolf Champion: I really don't know for this one either. Perhaps a new weapon that when used, gives a +15% bonus to attack and str while on slayer task, kind of like a black mask but stacks with a black mask. "Lupine Claws"?

Elf Champion: It goes without saying that the elf champion's equipment would be something crystal. I was thinking something like.. A crystal amulet that boosts the effectiveness of crystal equipment similar to the beserker necklace.

Dwarf Champion: A hammer that takes significantly less time to smith with. Or maybe a new pickaxe. Something dwarf related though. I like the hammer idea more.

These are mere suggestions. What I am REALLY insisting on though is that the new champions are added and REAL rewards are given.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Current rewards fail :evil:

Support :thumbsup:

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

This would make Champion Scrolls a GOOD drop, not just a rare drop.

Complete support.

I would've typed the exact same words.

I very much disagree with making the drop rate common. Why not just remove the whole minigame? The point of the minigame is that it is a majorly difficult challenge where you must slaughter so much of a certain monster that the champion feels it is necessary to stand up to you to save his race. I believe the 1/5000 drop probability is difficult but attainable and I also feel this should take a very long time to accomplish.

I just feel that there should be something to show for it, or something to make worth you while.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Elf Champion: It goes without saying that the elf champion's equipment would be something crystal. I was thinking something like.. A crystal amulet that boosts the effectiveness of crystal equipment similar to the beserker necklace.

Dwarf Champion: A hammer that takes significantly less time to smith with. Or maybe a new pickaxe. Something dwarf related though. I like the hammer idea more.

Instead of a berserker effect (although I do like that idea), the amulet could possibly either slow down or stop the degradation of crystal items (it can have a fairly good effect as it's rare and presumably untradeable).

The hammer is pretty interesting. One might prefer to use an SC hammer for experience, or this Dwarven hammer for speed. As for the pickaxe, we're apparently already definately getting a dragon pickaxe according to MMG, so the hammer would be a better reward.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add that I support this idea.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Thanks. Yeah, on second thought the slower degradation is probably a better idea or else crystal would become way overpowered!

The ammy itself would hopefully provide a range attack bonus though to compensate for the lack of being able to use a fury or something.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I think Jagex are missing a good opportunity with this one

it seems to me (and I have only ever done 1 or 2 of these challenges) that as your slayer gets higher, you lose the chance to receive most of the tasks which would get you the challenge

personally i haven't had a champ scroll for about 2 years because I only go to Duradel in Shilo to get my tasks

so as the slayer master you can obtain tasks from is graded by your slayer level, why not expand the mini game and grade the monsters you can challenge by your own slayer level?

that way you could work your way up, challenging harder and ader monsters as your skills develop, maybe have a room of it's own in your house to show off not only banners but other rewards too....

how good would it be to fight a dragon champ?

and how hard would it be to fight a champion wyvern (my least favourite beast in the game)?

and why not introduce a champions champion beast?

one that it is possible to kill on your own....but only just!!!

maybe receive it's head after winning to put up in your house?

you could also expand the rewards to give really good, high level equipment....but make it UNTRADEABLE so that only champions can wield it?

it's a shame that a champions guild already exists because one could have been set up for those with x amount of championship points which could have given easy access to skills and a bank where only the special equipment can be used (a few decent ores, trees, etc and a bank in the guild?)

Good idea, could I go somewhat deeper into the rewards? :P

Leon D'Cour: Champion's Throne. Requires 75 construction to place.

TzHaar champion: Obsidian battleaxe. +75 slash and +70 crush bonus.

- Special attack

Gnome champion: Gnome hat, decreases your weight by 3 kg.

Werewolf champion: Werewolf claws: +46 stab, +62 slash - Level 65 attack.

- Special attack ignores any defence bonuses, 50% drain.

Elf champion: Crystal amulet. Makes crystal equipment degrade 50% slower, and increases their power by 15%.

Dwarf champion: Dwarven warhammer. +81 crush - Level 65 attack. (it is a combat-based 'minigame' anyway :P )

- Special attack decreases the target's strength level by 40% of that hit, 100% drain.

Ogre champion: Ogre club (3h). +102 crush bonus, same speed as a dark bow - Level 65 attack/strength.

Imp: Imp gloves. Decreases the chance of getting caught while thieving by 10% - 20%.

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

Ah, those are nice little stat flesh outs but the thing to remember is that the Imp is a "Lower Champion" (but maybe they'll get new rewards too) and the Ogres actually don't drop champion scrolls at all!

Thanks for the support and enthusiasm everyone

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Elf champion-Crystal halberd(with +30 or so on stats above dragon halberd. special attack: crystal fury, inflict 170% damage in a sweeping motion)

Werewolf champion-hunters mask(+15% range and mage bonus on slayer tasks)

well, there are my ideas.

support.

2Xeo5.png

Ah ross, I like your ideas too. I always assumed the crystal halberd would come with the next quest though. I wouldn't mind seeing it this way too though. Anything crystal will do, in my opinion.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Like hydro said, some updates for your poh throne room (like that throne you get for completing those challenges), and a possible idea for the elven champion reward: A crystal halberd, I did read a suggestion on these fora a while ago, (this is 10 months - 2 years ago) and it sounded awesome to me, now if I could find it again...

EisS.gif

The crystal halberd would probably be a good reward too but I saw that as being more like a quest reward for further in the elven quests

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Champions Cape perhaps (after compleating them all)? Same design as your average Skill Cape (Minus Hood) but Have the image A Sword sticking into a rock. (Just an idea). But yes they do need some form of reward.

Popoto.~<3

With just 1 scroll left until I become a Champion of Champions, I hope an update comes eventually, preferably soon. =P

Jagex did state they would be releasing more but it has been so long since it was even mentioned.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Convo.png?t=1239441088

Well this helps verify that Jagex is planning to add more champions, but it's been 2 years :( I hope the update comes soon. (And I hope they havent forgotton about it, lol)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg