Lady Shahdie's Journey to 99 Smithing - MOVED TO THE BLOG TAB!

Oh wow, you are impressive with the pick-axe to say the least. Do you smith bars from all the ore you mine, bank it, or just drop them to get quick xp? If you bank/smelt the ore, I can only imagine how rich you must be. :thumbsup:

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, long time no post! I pretty much leisure mined for the past week and left off at 191k away from level 89 today. 89 is going to be a very exciting level to mine through. The fact that I'll have a pretty satisfying goal ahead, 90 mining, makes it one that will be very motivating. Summer is drawing to a close and my sophomore year of college will start soon. Which means lesser and lesser time to mine. Nevertheless, mining has become less of a challenge now and more of therapeutic experience (*hears someone whispers "She's freaking crazy! How in the heck can click-click-click be therapeutic?"*) Though I am not attacking it voraciously, I notice I enjoy it more as I take my time and savor each bit of progress as I move one step closer to my goal. See y'all around!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, cut down the xp left to 89 down to a reasonable 70k. I have to admit that I've been diverting myself recently with Fist of Guthix. I am completely addicted to that mini game now! Managed to get an 800+ rating after a mere 3 days :mrgreen: . I also saved up my rune mining money recently (instead of spending it on frivelous things) and spent it on one of the cheapest materials I could find to level up a skill. Logs. Yep, bought quite a large stock of willow logs to level up firemaking for the heck of it (bought enough to get to level 80 :P). Doubt I will raise my firemaking like crazy though...mining is my true beck and call.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Lvl 89 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 89 Mining Screenshot

level89minegj3.png

WOAH two updates in one day! Well I couldn't resist myself...I "went for the gold" (as they say in the Olympics ::') and achieved 89 mining precisely 5 minutes ago! I am incredibly ecstatic right now and glad I was able to achieve this level before starting sophmore year of college. As I have always told you all, don't lose faith in me ;). Consider me the little mining turtoise that could (lol two Aaesop fable-like analogies). Thanks for all the rallying cheers and encouragement Hyt2 chat. It really helped motivate me during the last mundane ks.

Well a very epic level is ahead of me...90. Upon reaching that level, my journey will take a new turn. I will have humongous xp grinds ahead and a lot of pixelated blood, sweat, and tears to shed. But I am ready. I am prepared...

I am Lady Shahdie!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

It's kind of refreshing to see a player look at the game the way you do. Many get caught up in the technicalities of the game, but you just pick a stat and advance it. Good luck with 99 and your degree (I'm just starting off college as well).

j_birdd.png

Hey all! Took a break from mining to try out the intriguing new RuneCraft minigame ::' . In a 48 hour level up dash I rose my rc level from 42 all the way to the required 50. All I can say is one word...pain. Luckily I've been grizzled by mind numbing powermining sessions so it was nothing I was not already accustomed to. When I finally made it to the RC guild I saw the two wizard scientists bickering about orbs and preaching their rc knowledge to me. At the end of the day all that jibber jabber accounted for naught and I just went with sunshiney yellow (sorry my Tip.iters though green is our color of passion, yellow is a happier color and reminds me of yellow smiley faces :D...sheesh that was corny). After several hours of minigame fun I actually bumped into another Tip.iter...Killerred005 (be sure to check out his smexy blog)! To my surprise this legendary skiller was the one who recognized me and sounded the friendly Hyt call. Am I actually becoming famous?! Doubt it. Anyways, that's all the updates for now. Below I've posted my banana ensemble earned after winning a few thousand minigame tokens.

Bananas/Smiley faces ftw!

lsrcminigameqw7.png

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

I hope you make it, the mining cape is quite rare. One of my freinds was one of the first people i have seen with it. I am currently fighting my mind to not get bored, as I work my way to 99 fishing. :wall:

I think you can do it :thumbsup:

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

Hey all finally got a monumental update for you! I have hit the 5 million mining xp mark! Woohoo!

My progress has bumped up to 39% complete and I am now one of the top 6.9 k miners of RuneScape. I had a much more productive session today (100k+ xp) and I was really feeling motivated due to being so close to that lovely 9-0 number. I have around 300k ish xp left to the next level up and I can just about taste it. Hopefully if my spare time permits me, I'll hit 90 mining before the start of my fall semester. Who knows maybe 91 may be on the way soon as well :D. Whatever the outcome may be, 90 will indeed be one of the most cherished levels I ever hit. As always, thanks to those who still have faith in me!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

I love this blog. Mining has always been my favorite skill, ever since i've discovered it some...maybe six years ago. Having just returned from a year+ break from the game, I find myself unable to pursue the skill at this time, with all these new updates!

Anyway, I'm really glad there is someone out there with proper respect for the skill. I wish you the best of luck, and will continue to check this blog often. 99 Mining ftw! :thumbsup:

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

You really need to hurry it up.

You try hurrying up and maintaining a 4.0 GPA average while attending college :D. I'm sorry but I value my studies over gaining a 99. In my case there's no rush. I'm willing to give this years Mr. Speedy Gonzalez 99 Mining Champion :P ...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

You try hurrying up and maintaining a 4.0 GPA average while attending college :D. I'm sorry but I value my studies over gaining a 99. In my case there's no rush. I'm willing to give this years Mr. Speedy Gonzalez 99 Mining Champion :P ...

hah! play hard, fail school!

meh, I hope when I start mining I have the determination(sp...?) to even get 90 :P

good luck with the 99! and college! :thumbsup:

tifsbti6oi.gif

You are an awful lot like me in the way you play Runescape. You have a skill you like and you work your way to level 99 slowly, yet with determination. But in a way it is not the 99 stat that is important, right? It's the whole challenge, the fun involved with putting effort into it and of course the friends you make on your way there. I believe you can make it as long as you do all this for yourself - and I believe you do.

Take your time and enjoy the game and of course your life. You have my support and respects and that from merely being yourself.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

OMG I laughed quite hard reading this guys comment (O_M_G) haha. anyways, gratulations with 90 mining. (I know you havent updated the blog yet, but I know you have it :thumbsup: ::'<3: ) hope you had a nice time when I came to gratz you :D

Fighterman_X.png

Lvl 90 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 90 Mining Screenshot

90mininglsrsde9.png

Oh my goodness TIPITERS...I've done it. I've reached a peak I've always aspired to making it to...level 90 mining. The journey to this level up came with alot of special moments and made it a truly magical one to achieve. So without further ado, here's all the details about how I completed my final 199k xp dash to get to one of the most ultimate levels in the game...

I began my mining session around 8 am sharp this morning. I sat down in my swivel chair, fired up the computer, and logged into RuneScape. Immediately I pick a 1900+ world and start chiseling away at one iron ore after another. After 2 hours had passed my mom called me from the kitchen (yes I still live at home...don't have a dorm of my own yet :P) and served up a plate that would pwn a Denny's Grand Slam. I enjoyed it heartily and gobbled it down as quick as I could. I gave her a quick hug and literally dived back into my swivel chair.

Hour after hour passed until the clock had already read 12 noon. I decided I would give a shout out to Hyt chat and then continued to hit the rocks relentlentlessly. Around this time a few more miners start to poor in. I was a little disappointed when one attempted to steal my spot but you will not believe this Tip.Iters...I start to move my cursor to the the logout "X" and the guy said these words: "Woah, you aren't that girl on Tip.It heading for 99 mining?" I was flabbergasted :o...how in the world am I becoming so recognizable (first Killerred and now this)?!?! He apologized and asked me about my progress. I informed him that I'm looking forward to achieving 90 mining today. He wished me luck and quietly walked away.

Another two hours pass and the clock reads 2 PM. Fighterman X, a Tip.Iter I recently worshipped the cabbage god with (long story...we spammed the cabbage telly one afternoon together :lol:), notices I'm in Hyt and that I'm babbling nonsensically about how I'm so close to 90 mining. He's kind enough to cheer me on and informs me that he'll be sure to make it to my level up pic.

The clock now reads 3 PM. This was my last and hardest hour before achieving 90 mining. It was harder because a little mischievous kitty of mine...aka Tiger Lilly...decides to climb on top of my mouse arm (my right arm) and rest her big bottom on it. Here's a pic of the little rascal at the moment:

tigerlilly0172yk6.jpg

Even though my arm was starting to lose circulation due to the heaviness of her behind...I remained focused and did not even bother to shoo her away with my left arm.

Finally the clock was nearly about to read 4 PM and I was just moments away from hitting 90 mining. Fighter had kept true to his word and showed up in style...he was wielding a rubber chicken! I kept hitting the rocks till I was down to 100xp and alerted the rest of the Al Kharid miners that I was about to hit 90 mining. A few were gracious enough to stop their mining and watch for the beautiful 90 mining fireworks (thanks guys!) I hit the last rock and watch as the congratulations messages spam my screen. I hit print screen and immediately crop & save the picture ::'.

Fighter and I then headed to Varrock where we hit the bar and drank heartily. Fighter was nice enough to spring for the drinks teehee. I gulp a few down and spam the dance emote. Fighter joined in and we had a good old fashion riverdance. Here's the pic:

dancingftwec9.png

Well those are all the special moments (to me at least) that led up to me getting 90 mining. Thanks to all my supporters out there. Your kind words and encouragement provide me the best motivation possible. I am ready to face the level up grinds to come...with...a...big...Smile :D.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~