Raise the GP Cap on P2P to 100 Bil

r2-pleasent

Since the beginning of Runescape 2, the game has evolved greatly. Sure, 2100M was more than anyone could even fathom at the beginning of RS2, but today there are hundreds of players who have more than 2100M (the current gold cap on Runescape). It's time to increase this amount to something like 50-100 Bil, as it causes many players difficulties when they are unable to surpass the 2100M mark. This really would not be very hard to implement, and if it were only effective on P2P, it would give an added incentive for extremely rich players to maintain their membership, as they would be unable to acquire anymore gold pieces on F2P.

sig7uu.png

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what really is the point of having more than 2100 mil,

you could buy more than you could ever want/need with it, if i had that much, i would have just stopped ages ago.

sure rare prices will probably go above that, but that's not really too much of a problem, when they get that high, you can start using dragon items as currency

I got a idea... Maybe jagex should keep it the same and incorporate a system of paper money also in rs! Like in modern day america how coins and dollar bills are. Paper money would be worth like 1k or 100 gp each that would help make currency better for high levels. Then again raising cap works

em ... maybe 2100 mil is enough for you to have? never thougth about that posibility?

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

em ... maybe 2100 mil is enough for you to have? never thougth about that posibility?
SOme people's goal in rs is to be incredibly rich. So they shouldn't have a cap on the money because some want to be the richest. It's just a goal like having 99 in a skill or something.

Wait, so does this mean if you were to try and put 1000M into a bank that has 2100M already, the 1000M you were trying to put into would disappear forever? :shock:

most likely just would say "too full" or somthin like that, they wouldn't make it so you lost money

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

i can't imagine why it was ever placed..

Because an 4 byte unsigned int - which I'm pretty sure is used to store the amount od one item - can have a max value of 4294967295, which is just slightly over the cap.

This really would not be very hard to implement, and if it were only effective on P2P, it would give an added incentive for extremely rich players to maintain their membership, as they would be unable to acquire anymore gold pieces on F2P.

The next larger data type in sql* is the 8 byte BIGINT - and switching to this would make the bank data take 50% more space (assuming they use another integer to identify what item is in the associated slot), and i seriosly doubt they would sacrifice so much server memory for only a few players...

Also, I'm pretty certain that they use the same table for P2P and F2P characters.

*) I'm not sure if Jagex uses SQL as their database. I'm 95% sure they do, but even if they don't, what i posted shouldn't be far off.

Yup, the cap has been there and a problem for a while already now. Doesn't seem like it is on Jagex priority list though.

Nor is it that hard as von_Faust proposes. They don't need to increase the integer size of all items.. They only need to increase the integer size of the gp you can keep. Sure, they probably have to view gp as a special item as a result, but really it can't be that hard.

no...what YOU should do is get a life instead of spending all your time on a game to make fake pixel money. Maybe the fact that Jagex didnt except nubs to spend time trying to just make money and destroy the whole point of the game... wow... and so...your making this post to say basically " oh i have more then 2100m in my bank, im sooooo cool". Money is nothing in RS...only skills....which u dont have so....just sit and build up ur pixels while ur real life around u crumbles :roll:

no...what YOU should do is get a life instead of spending all your time on a game to make fake pixel money. Maybe the fact that Jagex didnt except nubs to spend time trying to just make money and destroy the whole point of the game... wow... and so...your making this post to say basically " oh i have more then 2100m in my bank, im sooooo cool". Money is nothing in RS...only skills....which u dont have so....just sit and build up ur pixels while ur real life around u crumbles :roll:

Wow :shock:

Calm down your flaming. He just informed us....

i never reply to posts but *p00ned*

just sit and build up ur pixels while ur real life around u crumbles :roll:

He plays to earn pixel cash, you play to earn pixel skilllevels. See any difference? :roll:

People do what they enjoy doing.

Rsn; System 0

Current Smithing XP; 31,4M (Ranked #9)

Did you steal that sig off someone, becuase I'd expect that from someone who had just walked out of lumbridge. It's people like YOU who are destroying the rs community. So i suggest you calm down. And he's only saying this because there are already a few players who will soon come close to this because of inflation.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I don't think I've ever seen so much flame bait here on tip.it... I just don't know what to do :? I'll just stay away I guess. It's just so... so... hypocritical

Seeing as i'm about 2000m off thyis it won't affect me for the time being, but I do recall seeing people complaining about this for quite some time, and it doesn't sound like a big job, but what do I know? It took me 2 days to get my email working on msn :!:

For one thing, jagex wont make the cap higher because they are oh so lazy to convert all the old gp integer numbers to a different type. I know this for a fact because jagex is to lazy to make the skills go past 99 and make a converter to convert the old values to new values.

Most likely they'd just make you have a new stack of coins...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

only skills....which u dont have so....

Not like you should talk. Level 112 with 1500 skill total... pathetic :lol:

Look at some of his levels and think again idiot.

And merchanters doesnt really even play the game. They just are ruining the economy. I would understand if they merchanted to get irl cash for their mils but thats just stupid to demand to take off the limit.