[Opinions] Miscellania: New loot from island!

12pure34

*Most of you have already heard about the upgrading of the island of Miscellania. The loot gotten from the islands workers has been increased and when done the new quest, the reward even Increases more!

*What are your thoughts about the Old System of Miscellania and the improvements with the new update and the new Quest?

*Some questions:

-Have you ever used Miscellania people to gather resources for you?

-If you did, did you like the results and how much did you spend/earn?

-Do you think the updates made Miscellania more worthwhile, to spend time and money in it, to receive xp. and resources?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts,

12pure34 :twisted:

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But are you actually going to try, now Jagex updated the island to increase the amount of resources you get per time/gold?

Jagex also said pest control and temple trekking had great! ( :oops: ) rewards, but they turned up.. average..

When I saw the teaks and mahoganys close to the bank, I thought "cool, I can bank my mahoganys in the bank". But then when I started cutting them they went to the woodcutter guy, you don't even get xp for it. I still think it's a waste of time and money.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

First quest I took my money out at 23hours after I put it in since I saw posts of ppl that finished the quest before me and saw the horible results.

This time around I put in 7.5m in the chest and got my satisfaction to 100%. I put 100% on seeds and rest on herbs. Tomorow at 14:30 EST I'll go look at what I get at worse case scenario I lost 75k to do the test.

If I get all veggie seed i'll be sad at Jagex attempt to fix that place.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

I flipped in an even 100k to test it. and got satisfaction to 100% we'll see tomorrow. Good topic.

That whole thing sucked before. Hopefully it got sorta worth it, but I think I'm going to end up with alot of cabbige or bush seeds.........

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

They should have it you get rares as rewards..That'd be good

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

But are you actually going to try, now Jagex updated the island to increase the amount of resources you get per time/gold?

Jagex also said pest control and temple trekking had great! ( :oops: ) rewards, but they turned up.. average..

The exp at pest control is actually really good.

The rewards at temple trekking in the KB is actually wrong. True rewards include:

242 bowstrings

666 pure essence

153 silver bars

145 coal and iron

And largish numbers of combinations of decent rewards.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

The loot gotten from the islands workers has been increased and when done the new quest, the reward even Increases more![/b]

Are you saying that I get more stuff for my money if I did the new quest? That might be true, but I don't think that Jagex specifically announced it.

When I first used Miscellania I got terrible rewards for my money and took it out immediately. This time I put 200k in and set my people to gathering flax. There's a pretty set price for that, so it's fairly likely that for 100% satisfaction I'll get a decent profit (anything more than 200 the first day is a good sign). I might switch to something else later, but I'd rather do something more reliable and measurable now.

One thing that bugs me... Jagex said that if we tell enough of our subjects to work hard at a specific task we get an extra "bonus reward." I'd imagine that this is gems for mining and bird's nests for woodcutting, etc. However, does that mean that we must put all of our people into one task to get this sort of result, or we have to speak to all of our citizens?

i did the old style once with max money in coffers and max aproval and basicly lost money from it on herbs so i withdrew all my money and told the island to take a hike

LK1

ps currently have max approval and 20k in coffers ill let you know when i get loot

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

I tried a mini-test on the old kingdom and with 100% got ROUGHLY these numbers:

Coal - 215-240 ea

Maples - 110-140 ea

Herbs (irit mostly) - around 5k ea

It was most "profitable" for coal but still below market value. That quest was the whole focus for questing for me and was a huge let down. :cry: Hopefully the new one is worthwhile.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Well, I'm hearing a lot of comments about the old system that really let down on us.

Is there anyone who has new results about the mini-game with or without having done the new quest?

Thank you for sharing,

12pure34

Alrighty, after 36 hours I went back. STILL NOTHING, mind you this was with 100% approval and 100k in there. sooooo..... two days later, I go back, now the guy won't give me the stuff becasue I don't have 12 empty spaces in my bank.....

Mind you I put it at 100% farm and 50% teak and mahogany,

8 teak 8 mahogany 4cabbage seeds 3 rosemary seeds 13 potato seeds 4 arsargian seeds 7 onion seeds 2 cadavaberry seeds 3 barley, 3 jute 2 redberry 2 corn 1 belladonna 2 marigold 4 tomato 5 natursiam 5 hammerstone 1 watermellon, 1 yanillian, and one marrentill.

Cost 11,005gps. Pain in the [wagon] factor, high. I'm going to leave my slaves gather teak and mahogany at 100% and move it back to herbs.

and forget about it.

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

I stuck 100k in the coffers yesterday with 100% approval, it took 10005gp out of the coffer today when I just checked it.

72 Coal :: 10/15 on Mining (100%)

83 Flax :: 5/15 on Flax (50%)

So it's not bad to be honest, if I sell the coal and flax I'll end up with a small profit.

Someone needs to try with at least 500k in there so that the max of 50k is used to see how much better the rewards get.

I dont think putting 100k into the kindgom is going to yield the best rewards.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Er... the max they pay out is 75k now, even Ghrim says that...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Someone needs to try with at least 500k in there so that the max of 50k is used to see how much better the rewards get.

I dont think putting 100k into the kindgom is going to yield the best rewards.

I have 7.5M in it, will now the pay out in 90 minutes got it 100% seeds rest herbs

Edit: Thats insane, I need to make 40 EMPTY spaces in my bank, if I had 40 useless things I would have already got rid of em :\

sggyhj8.png

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

Well it was worth it after all :) took a while to make 40 spaces,but the rewards is awsome :D mostly useless herbs and seeds, but I got 1 yew seed 2 ranarr seed and 1 irit seed, plus other seeds and herbs.

snap0979gq.png

ok I just Id'ed the herbs, my profit is greater then i expected.

Herbs are :

4 Harr

4 Irit

5 ranarr

2 avantoe

3 kwarm

3 cad

1 lant

3 dwarf weed

So my conclusion is, if i only visit my kindom once a week I should have a load of herbs and seeds for cheap, hoping that i get more tree seeds since its the only way i will training farming :P

So I will just visit the kindom on the same day I do guthixs rest so I wont forget.

sggyhj8.png

Edit: Thats insane, I need to make 40 EMPTY spaces in my bank, if I had 40 useless things I would have already got rid of em :\

Ouch..

Oh and I didn't know it was changed to 75k, my bad.. My post still has the same point though.

Edit: Ohh nice seekad. I think I may have to do this new quest :P

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

teak and mahogany. poh's. get your people collecting them or i may have to kill you

i find its best to put it on herbs and teak & mahogany, because everything else i could get myself, goingt to check on my reward once i get over my pure obsession. nearly got 40 defence, 40ranged, 40 prayer, 40 attack and 40 strength all on different characters

parents17dc.gif