Tip.it Times March 1 2010

Mirror

FIRST! :D

Jagex's hints and tips remind me of a robotics competition I participated with in high school. Every year, right before the new game has been announced, they like to put out a clue. It drives hundreds of people mad. One of the people from the Game Design Committee also posts regularly on a forum, and people like to hang on to his every word.

One hint in particular that has stuck with me for all these years:

Five 'bots tangling with pasta.

A game piece obsessed with a shovel's show.

and seeing Montana's Green Heights.

What this meant was during one phase of competition, only two robots could defend the other three, and were allowed to use pool noodles as bumpers, the game piece was a ball that was to be shot through a hoop (A shovel's show being David Spade's t.v. show, Just Shoot Me), and seeing Montana's meant that robots were to use a camera to track a green light.

The closest anyone got to figuring out the game was the "Just shoot me" part, but that was it. I think when we bash our heads against the wall to figure out these clues, we remember its all in good fun, and that we're enthusiastic for the new content.

Bring it on, Jagex!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

SECOND.

Because I can.

Ehh, it didn't really say anything.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

i liked it kinda cause i see where it comes from.

i love reading the speculation.

and something about the last sentence.

we may be going nowhere fast, but we are doing it at the speed of light. :ugeek:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

The author's syntax, grammar, and walls of text really irk me. I've said this about Tip.it Times articles before, and no offense ('no offense' always precedes something offensive) to Mirrorforced, but these articles should be edited by multiple people and sent back to the author for revision multiple times before they're posted on the main page.

The article itself was underwhelming, I thought.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The article basically reasserted the obvious aspects of theorizing about and expecting anything in life. No new info, no interesting opinion, nothing worth thinking about. Sorry to be harsh but Tip It Times has gradually degraded in quality ever since it came out. I missed having the mysterious "The Editor" figure with great grammar and astute observations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The author's syntax, grammar, and walls of text really irk me. I've said this about Tip.it Times articles before, and no offense ('no offense' always precedes something offensive) to Mirrorforced, but these articles should be edited by multiple people and sent back to the author for revision multiple times before they're posted on the main page.

Ideally that's what would happen, however you'd be surprised how little time there is to get an article in. Sometimes the editors won't be online or edit the article for a few days so there is only so much editing and changing that can be done. It isn't quite as easy to write an article regularly as people might think, and with the forum being down on Sunday a lot of last minute editing ect wasn't able to be done. However I'm sorry if you think that my article was poor.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Ideally that's what would happen, however you'd be surprised how little time there is to get an article in. Sometimes the editors won't be online or edit the article for a few days so there is only so much editing and changing that can be done. It isn't quite as easy to write an article regularly as people might think, and with the forum being down on Sunday a lot of last minute editing ect wasn't able to be done. However I'm sorry if you think that my article was poor.

If you put a document on google docs and share it with the relevant people everybody edit/comment whenever they are online.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

there's a relatively large editorial staff. I've tried sending in articles to the tip.it times. i miss it when there were many articles, and so i figured i could at least try to contribute. It's very depressing not even to get a reply, however i can understand that. We're talking about people spending their free time here, getting little in return but criticism, little discussion on the topics they wish put in focus etc.

The one thing i do struggle with understanding is the lack of a discussion topic for "articles you feel should be written" Often the hardest thing for a columnist is finding something that people want to hear their analysis and point of view on. Simple suggestions like that is something the community woudl get so much in return for having.

Don't be mistaken, your article wasn't poor, it's just that it lacked some editing.

Which, considering the reasons given, can be easily forgiven.

WarBlastoise.png

I understand how hard it is to find something legit to write about, but why not ask us what we want? That's what TET does, and it helps us a decent amount.

Also, if you're having issues getting articles written, add more people to Editorial or ask for more articles... And I kind of think both are needed, because you could work more with the guest authors and have a few 'regulars' who aren't on the team but that write maybe one or two articles a month.

I still miss more articles and the fiction, and I feel it's gone down in quality over the past few months as well.

The article was okay. I didn't think it was anything special but there's not much more to say.

Amazing DYK

Agreed. That was my favorite part.

Also, maybe I'll apply for the editorial staff as a full-time editor (not writer). I have nothing better to do with my life.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

That is a problem with how the TIp.It Times is setup then. Articles should be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance, ideally.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]