Tip.It Times Presents: Pure Essence, Pure Disaster?

oddfaery2

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Pure Essence, Pure Disaster?

oddfaery2

It is well known that macroers, as we call them, are becoming ever more prevalent in the free version of RuneScape. Jagex has taken heavy measures over the recent months to try to crack down on the scum who make these accounts. It does seem, however, that their latest plan was not made with the best judgement...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i personally find this rather annoying.. i spent about 20 hours this week making 40k nats so i could buy ess for 93 rc (dunno why 93) then decide to buy yesterday because i wanted to go to freinds come back next day... pure ess used to make good runes.. 50 gp each! what that can't be true look at other people selling for at least 50 gp so now another 40k nats to be made.. fun i personally think there are better ways to stop autoers as ess mining was like one of the only good f2p money makers

Proud fire cape owner!

How many RS players does it take to change a lightbulb?

5,000. 1 to change the lightbulb, and 4,999 to complain about how it was better before.

cookieaq4.png

Good article. But there are still ways to overcome the situation without changing anything.

I did like option 2, however.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Second solution: Keep only one form of essence, but swarm the essence mine with (for example) level 49 aggressive monsters with range and mage capabilities. Just flood the whole mine so that it is only appealing to mine rune essence upon reaching 50 combat. Or if you split up the forms of essence, do this for the pure essence mines, which will not hinder lower levels from mining the basic essence. It would be imperative that the monsters were highly abundant and could not block each other, to ensure no macroer can find himself a safe spot to mine. It would also help to make the area multi combat, and give these creatures a very fast respawn time.

That solution is kinda bad because sure I have like 600 skill toltal but my account is a levil 51 pure mage.... The only way to defend myself will be using runes so all my profit from mining will go to waist...

I think Odd meant that the monsters would stop auto-attacking you at combat level 50. Then you can mine in peace.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

exactly... and i actually meant lower level (it's been edited).

point with that case is that you'll get your butt handed to you if you try to mine at a low combat, but once you reach 50 you can mine it easily

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Yup, but like I said in various of these threads by now, I don't see this whole update do much about the autoing problem. The autoers will either become p2p or automate something differently.

The current update may not even change anything about the amount of rune essence autoers. Perhaps the autoers don't even care that much about it, as it's probably still worthwhile for them, even now the prices of normal essence are worth only a third of what it used to be.

Jagex shouldn't fight their war against autoing IN their game - which they are doing now. The autoers have shown to be inventive with circumventing anti-autoing adjustements and seem to have little problems with them.

first thing tip.it has asvertisments for selling runescape gold for money on the advertisment bar on top so i cant say that there against reallife trading

secondly essence isnt actully the best way to make money maisie54 smithing steel bars and selling them is

I like the option with the level 25 monsters, but then a lot of fairly new level 25-45 players who are legitamate wouldn't be able to mine easily. Also they could just make it so you enter your pin # every time you enter the bank, I do not think it would be that bad (I mean not just when mining ess).

Errr, *needs a sig*

I like the option with the level 25 monsters, but then a lot of fairly new level 25-45 players who are legitamate wouldn't be able to mine easily. Also they could just make it so you enter your pin # every time you enter the bank, I do not think it would be that bad (I mean not just when mining ess).

I hate entering dam bank pins I forgot my bank pin at least 5 times already

Totally awesome article oddfaery :D I like the third suggestion the most, after say 50 combat (not all that hard to achieve) or a 50+ skill (not mining) They would not have to enter the pin but at below 50 combat the person that you we're teleporting to the ess mines would shout out a two digit number (10-99) and when you asked to teleport in he would ask for the pin. Alternitavely you could have to pay a price (say 5 ess) and you could just use the noted ess on him and he would teloport you in. Sure, it might be an inconvience but your still coming out with more ess then you came in with; on the other side 5 ess a trip adds up and would decrease the amount of ess an autoer could mine seeing as they make hundreds of trips daily. Or, for the monsters to not be agressive you need 10-20 in every non member skill, I would like to see an auto program get 10 in every skill but for a human that would be a peice of cake.

dutty4u, good idea about the bank pin, only problem is macroers could just use an autoclicker (which is basically what they use for everything) to type in their bank pin, so what they should do is pop up with a screen that says a randomly generated number on it, and then have a keypad so you could type in the number, if they did this everytime you went into mines, no chance of autoers and it would only hinder good miners a little

Personally, i love the idea that you should need a random 1 or 2 digit pin number to mine the ess, and after a certain total level, it should dissapear.

What i would suggest to add to that, would be to have say, a 3 digit pin at the base skill total (whatever it is) and then as you progress, say once you hit 200 skill total it will be only 2 digits, and at 400 skill total it would be 1 digit, then finally at 500 skill total the pin will be lifted... this would work to stop the macroers totally imo, and would only slightly annoy a small percentage of players, since people with lower skill totals don't usually plan on mining and mercahnting 100's of thousands of essence. This idea can of course be adapted and changed a little, but for the most part I think it is bang on and would be very much effective in thwarting macro attempts (on rune essence at least)

Good article, and some excellent ideas in there, I like this one best, and can definetly see it being implimented. :P :wink:

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

first thing tip.it has asvertisments for selling runescape gold for money on the advertisment bar on top so i cant say that there against reallife trading

secondly essence isnt actully the best way to make money maisie54 smithing steel bars and selling them is

If you see an advertisement for selling RS gold, report it. We at tip.it do NOT support violations of the rules set forth by Jagex.

Also, you can't really say anything is the "best" way to make money. For a macroer, though, rune essence is by far the EASIEST.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Your ideas to combat ess autoers are fantastic. These plans would have been far more effecitve than separating F2p and P2p ess will ever be. As you said yourself, autoers can still sell regular ess, just at a reduced price.

I can only hope that Jagex staff takes a look at this article and opts to implement one of your superior solutions. They could learn alot from this weeks Tip.It times.

31509signature.gif

Exactly, the real affected are the F2p players that stockpiled their ess, you can't have a bad reason to stockpile them if you aren't an autoer, innocent players had to pay for the autoers, giving F2p pure ess to sell to members just for this once, though while giving autoers their last easy money, would be worth to save the innocent...

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

oddfaery2, nice article.

I'm still rather optimistic about the update myself, but your suggestions are well worth considering.

I especially like flooding the rune essence mines with low level monsters.

It would be similar to the scorpion pit in Al Kharid.

Good article. I went to the rant section of runescape forums and there are alot of people ranting about it. Most are saying "Kill Jagex (unfortunatly not kidding)", and not putting forth any sugestions as to what would be a better alternative. I think the article here is doing justice to what Jagex is trying to do here, but I definatly think they shouldn't have been as hasty, that or they've already thought about all of these things and went with this solution for whatever reason or another. Being a nat crafter that's about to make deaths, the pure ess shortage and price is not something I'm looking forward to. I think a skill total or another more difficult quest would be the best solution. Along with letting f2p mine the pure ess.

All I have to say is this...

LEEROY JENKINS!!!!111one11!!!!!eleven!!!!11