Tip.It Times Presents: Guthix Skiller

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Guthix Skiller

Ard_Choille

Those who follow me do so for their desire to see balance, and balance is its own reward for those chosen few. ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Guthix

Without even knowing it, I've found that I follow the way of Guthix even in how I work my skill experience. I've forever had other players messaging me with things like "Why are you using controlled method?" when meleeing my slayerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

first post:P

Article is not bad, i found it kind of short but that's okay. I totally agree with the author balance is everything! i try to keep my ombat and non combat skills balanced too. Also just wondering can i get the authors username?? i wana check out his "balanca" bye.

I thought this one to be one of the weakest Times actually..

It did not spoke to me at all and was actually a drag to read trough.

tipitsignatureyu1.jpg

How many 'scapers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1 to screw it in and 49 to complain how better it was before.

Was signed,Kioh Twan

good article to read at school.

i sometimes work to get all my skills to a minimum level...i chose 40 this time =p

and i don't like to trail cooking too much above fishing and i would never buy firemaking/fletching until 99 woodcutting.

uhuh goodluck with balance =)

StarViv.png

not a bad tip.it times, though there wasnt and controversy like the edotor gives ::'

its pretty interesting i suppose,

i would rather have all skills at lv 60-70 than one at 99 (same exp)

my curtrent goal is to reach 60 in all skills, and 55 in cons and farming.

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

=D> Thank you for covering the subject of balance regarding skills. I have been thinking of trying to go for 99 on at least one of my skills but find i too am happier when i work on all skills. I think this was a very interesting article.

mistress_glo.png

Very well written!

Guthix ownage! ftw!

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Also just wondering can i get the authors username?? i wana check out his "balanca" bye.

Check who it says wrote it...It actually gives a name for this, so it shouldn't be too hard to track down. No "Mysterious Editor" this time

All in all, a pretty good read, though it seems that I don't follow Guthix's ways all that well. Annoying hard-to-train skills <.<

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

A good article =D> . I used to balance skills, except some of them bore me and I find they are hard to keep at the same levels as others...

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

A sensible attitude, balance. I balance all of mine (mostly...they're within 20) except RCing and Range, and Hunting and Construction (only because I lost members soon after Hunting came out).

Good article, but a little short and not really evaluative enough in my opinion.

fcamo,Amythest00.gif

I didn't like this one very much. I couldn't stop thinking: "One of the best thing of a MMO is everyone can play the way (s)he likes best."

And it was basically someone who told which way he played, which can be nice to read, but in this case it was pretty basic IMO.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I, like MistressGlo, must congradulate Ard_Choille for her brilliant Tip.It Times debut.

I am a "Guthix-Skiller," and I throughly agree with the aforementioned Article. What is the point of playing a game if you cannot ejoy it to the fullest? I try to keep my levels within a certain range, it's about 24 right now, with my highest being 60 (Mining) and my lowest being 36 (Runecrafting).

I honestly can say though that I do not follow any "Leveled-out Level(s) Law" to the Letter of the Legislation. Not at Least Literally. LOL ...:roll: ...

I say this as I do have Skill pure accounts, but only for the purpose of having fun doing that skill. Its just fun doing that sometimes.

But why have you main account only level Two or Three Skills? That's Pointless! Experiance your inner Gielinor-ian. Have Fun playing the game and Expand the boundries.

And as Guthix hath stated before me,

"And so I must depart once more from thine view, for time never ceases, and nor do my works here.

I trust that you all might see the beauty of balance, as I myself do, and mayhaps strive hard along with me to spread it across the lands.

Until such time as we meet again;

Balance Is Power!"

Sincerely,

Da_Dragon555

Thanks for reading and posting!

EDIT: For those who are wondering:

ard%20choille.png

I dont really follow balance... i have a rather chaotic levelling.

Zamorak must be your driving force as he embodies chaos.

not a bad tip.it times, though there wasnt and controversy like the edotor gives

Ah yes, The Editor is fantastic at generating discussion. My focus was more to inform of skill strategy that isn't always talked about.

=D> Thank you for covering the subject of balance regarding skills. I have been thinking of trying to go for 99 on at least one of my skills but find i too am happier when i work on all skills. I think this was a very interesting article.

It's great to know there are other players like me!

"One of the best thing of a MMO is everyone can play the way (s)he likes best."

You are correct, everyone should play they way they choose and have fun doing so. One thing to consider is that most players try to convince me to play their way and work towards becoming a pure or a non-combat skiller. Part of the point of my article is that it is ok for me to stay balanced, because I enjoy it.

• "To see the world through only one perspective is to deny thyself the truths of a perspective that shares both." - Guthix

Have fun!

- Ard

I guess the Times are balanced as well. Sometimes an article what is just good, and sometimes an outstanding article.

You could argue that this was 'just a good' article. But that still means it was a good article ;-)

I liked though, that instead of staying theoretical, you gave some advice on how to stay balanced.

Oh, and was it just me, or was there no 'did you know'?

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Im not trying to be derogatory but, that was easily the worst Tip.it times ever. It was short and a boring read. It would of been better if it had just focused on balancing skills but with all that rubbish about Guthix? Im all for the role-playing aspect of the game and I my self have a favorite RS god but that, im sorry was appalling I mean adhering to the religious doctrines of a made-up-online-game-god? Please no more articles like this in the future unless its a full blown attemp to decipher the history of Runescape.

Azzazeal.png

untitled6kv7.gif

Im not trying to be derogatory but, that was easily the worst Tip.it times ever. It was short and a boring read. It would of been better if it had just focused on balancing skills but with all that rubbish about Guthix? Im all for the role-playing aspect of the game and I my self have a favorite RS god but that, im sorry was appalling I mean adhering to the religious doctrines of a made-up-online-game-god? Please no more articles like this in the future unless its a full blown attemp to decipher the history of Runescape.

So, according to you, we can't follow the doctrines of an in-game god (in this case, Guthix) in game? :-k

Seems to me that that's the best thing to do in-game, since that, too, is part of the roleplaying aspect of the game.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

Basing your character off an ideal can make Runescape much more interesting and entertaining. So what if people decide to follow one of the god's ideals all the time while they play; I know people who base their characters off people from books.

Basically, you play however you want, so there's nothing wrong with following the teachings of one of the Runescape gods; it's just another aspect of the roleplaying experience, after all.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

Look I don't mean to offend. Perhaps I should of worded it better. Its ok to an extend but I disagree with making your whole playing experiance revolve around it.

No worries, you didn't offend me.

I've always kept my skills balanced and for every RPG I've played. Once I did a bit of research, I found that it coincided with Guthix so I used that twist to add interest to my article. My gameplay certainly doesn't revolve around anything in particular other than enjoyment. Heck, the only Guthix items I have are the Guthix Symbol in my Chapel and the Book of Balance.

Play as you may.

- Ard