Tip.It Times Presents: Robot Wars, aka Death of the Robots

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Robot Wars, aka Death of the Robots

The Editor

You could have knocked me down with a feather when I checked the RuneScape website for MayÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Behind the Scenes teaser for some facts for my weekly article and saw yesterday's article on Bots and Real-World Trading. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve taken issue with Jagex over the sleazy side of the game on more than one occasion and in more than one forum, to the point where IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been told that IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m too critical of Jagex and should write my own...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agry with that! Allthough I was walking in w20 with my pk-er and i passed South Fally where the are and to my suprise there were over 20 bots cutting yews and running from one tree to another and so on... so I think Jagex still needs a long way to go! But it's a start :wink:

Well done Jagex! =D> :thumbsup:

[skiller to Die for]*

dragonmattcape,maakt%20ni%20uit.gif

What you describe isn't Pking, it's just people fighting who don't know where Al Kharid is...

A readable article for sure, although the author is more hopefull then I am at the moment.

The current banning is just a good start, and I hope it is something they will be paying attention too without pauses, or they will just sneak back in as quickly as they got kicked out

Knight_Simon.gif

I was very glad that they did this. Autoers were really starting to get bad at the mage trees. So bad i would log on sunday night and their would be more autoers then people with me.

What helps though at the willows in drynor are the dark wizards. The autoers don't come here because they attack them and kill them. I have seen it alot before and its pretty funny.

Anyway good job on the acticle i enjoyed reading it.

prospektssigza4.jpg

good for us and good for jagex..bc these ppl who cheat will just buy annother account or pay for a new membership and start a macroer again.

hopefully they wont start banning all the ppl who buy the "dirty" resources.

..like the lev 3 characters dumping 600k p ess on forums....

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Good article, it was worth the extra wait. :)

Most of the points that the Editor makes I agree with, except for commending Jagex on their decision to focus on P2P bots. Even though it wastes the autoers/gold farmers' money, F2P autoers/gold farmers can still pass their ill-gotten goods through to a members main, or simply sell them to members on the forums.

I enjoyed reading this article, Jagex really is working very hard to clean up the game, even at a cost of income. Thanks Jagex.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I don't know if many people here know this but bots need to be updated every time runescape updates.

Jagex should further encrypt the java code of runescape so bot-creaters can't just "easily" deobfuscate the code to update their bots... It is already encrypted but it got decrypted quite some while ago by RichyT if I'm correct.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I don't know if many people here know this but bots need to be updated every time runescape updates.

Jagex should further encrypt the java code of runescape so bot-creaters can't just "easily" deobfuscate the code to update their bots... It is already encrypted but it got decrypted quite some while ago by [bleep] if I'm correct.

You are quite correct, the code was decrypted a while back and Jagex hasn't made any move to correct that.

arcanasigx2xg8.gif

One%20must%20be%20a%20wise%20reader%20to%20quote%20wisely%20and%20well..png

Dont%20cry%20because%20its%20over,%20Smile%20because%20it%20happened.png

Jagex finally takes serious action. They were helping the problem early but now they are cracking down! :D I am too glad to see they are taking notice in this sort of stuff. Maybe when I go back to f2p it will be empty of autoers :pray:.

Ps. I will join you at yews. Add me :D.. (I want to know who he is :()

Quit RuneScape :)

Good job on cleaning up the trash jagex and a very good read. The prices of yews,sharks and otehr raw materials are going to skyrocket though with all the autos gone....

This is a good thing, I was forced to stop shark-fishing because of the low prices.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

i am very happy that jagex is trying 2 clean up these bots, but i bekieve they were a bit 2 harsh on those 2 people, imagine all that time they hav spent playing and lvling up, all for nuttin.

i just wanted 2 know: what name has the editor got in the game?

oversized.jpg[/bads]