Everything posted by Errdoth
-
Official TIF Holiday Thread!
Yay! We just made snickerdoodles and eggnog! :thumbsup: (I'm slowly shooing away my scrooge, just in time)
-
Atheist v. God (Real Life Essay)
Wow, and I started reading that as satire :shock: *faceplam* EDIT: I've written my own letter here XD *WARNING, PLEASE TAKE IN GOOD HUMOR, IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THIS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GOING OUTSIDE. EVER.*
-
best prank call
On long car rides, my friend does some insanely good ones. He has a really deep voice, and can put on a really good hispanic accent; so he calls people up and confirms their visit from "Don Jos̮̩̉̉ the Carpet Cleaner" and it's sooooo believable, he actually scheduled an appointment with some random little girl XD Another friend, we were carpooling back from someones birthday in another friends moms astrovan, and this one stupid kid was in the front, and we were in the back. The stupid kid was calling up some kid that my other friend just called (pretty confusing, eh?), then my friend sitting next to me called the kid in the front and started going on with "I'm in the car next to you, you're in the passenger seat of a gray astrovan..." and it went on for a good ten minutes before another kid turned around and was like "Hey! It's just you, isn't it" :XD: I really didn't think he was that stupid, but he actually thought it was the guy he just prank called. It was a "You had to be there" story :P
-
Funny things to do at the mall, shopping or public areas
Or walk in there shirtless and start talking to the greeter dude that stands in the door XD
-
favorite food?
I just remembered this. My Hawaiian uncle (of no blood relation to me, lol) was in town tonight and came over and made sukiaki (I have no idea how to spell it, so that's how I got it phonetically) It's a japanese dish, and you use boiling beef broth (I think) over a little burner in the center of the table, and then you cook things like really thinly sliced steak, tofu, cabbage, and all of those other good things. (Sprouts, onions...) After we ate everything, he used the broth with all of the flavorings from the veggies and meat to make good, homemade udon. (Which is gonna make a really good breakfast tomorrow morning =P~ ) YUM!
-
Funny things to do at the mall, shopping or public areas
I don't know, but I've always wanted to pose as a mannequin and scare random people shopping :P (Don't know how well it would work, though =( )
-
Best Website Registration Company
*In before mercifull* webhostingtalk.com
-
Website
Come on, start him off on a good foot. Table's should be used for that, tabular data, go with a div.
-
Duke Nukem Forever trailer -- It's out!
Epic. Duke Nukem was actually one of the first fps's I ever played. (M friends brother's, I was like 6 lol) :D
-
Detecting the existance of URL arguments? (PHP)
The above is my preferred method. You must include some kind of is_file() check to a specific directory with the pages in it or limit the include to a certain set of files if you do use any of the posted snippets though. If you don't, you're just asking for someone to come along and use the get method to find ways into your sensitive or OS related files. if ($_GET['page'] && preg_match('/.php/',$_GET['page'])) { include($_GET['page']); } else { include('main.php'); } Eh? (Regular expression matching isn't my favorite thing to do, I can never remember all of the patterns and stuff)
-
Detecting the existance of URL arguments? (PHP)
Or try if (!isset($_GET['page'])) { include('main.php'); } else { include($_GET['page']); }
-
Your first kiss
Nah, too young. There'll be plenty of time for that later.
-
Sister follows older sister's footsteps...
Because she'll end up a big second-generation movie star and then you'll be talking to your kids one day and mention something about her, and you'll reminisce about this for a while, before realizing you're late for work. Being late for the third time this week, your manager calls you in, and you're given a pay cut. After an exhausting day at work, you go home, and can't pay for your kids tuition. Your wife insists they stay in private school, so you end up taking a second job as a cab driver. As a cab driver, you meet someone in a similar situation as you. You get talking, and then have a couple beers after work. Eventually, he becomes your drinking buddy, and then your wife leaves you after several weeks of 4 in the morning-insanely wasted arrivals. You go back to the bar for one last drink with your friend before you leave the state to rent a low-class studio apartment. You find out that your friend hung himself, and end up taking the gun to yourself. That is how this affects you.
- Leaving Offtopic, lock please
-
Duke Nukem Forever trailer -- It's out!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (repeat e^100) I never thought they were actually serious about it, and it was all a big joke. :lol:
-
What charities do you donate to?
4000 dollars!? Anyway, going to a catholic school, they always have little charities and fundraisers going on. Usually it's just like canned food or some money for whatever, but it's better than nothing =) And then we get stuff from the children's hospital nearby (like cancer or whatever it is), and I always toss in like 20 dollars or something. And being a kid, I don't exactly have a steady source of income :(
-
Getting a Favicon on your website?
Yeah, it could just be something with your browser or something. Browser like ie can be a real [swear word of your choice] about stupid things like that. That's the code I've always used :?
-
Do you have your own personality?
No. I steal the personalities of people on these forums. Seriously, what kind of a question is that? Yes, that was a horrible attempt at humor
-
Relaxation techniques
Daily Regimine: 6.00 TF2 9.00 CS:S gg 13.00 Battlefield 19.00 Crysis You'll get calmer every day!
-
Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow...
No snow down here, the coldest it's gonna get it like 55 (F) I want it to, though :(
-
Adware Problem
Umm, can I ask why you can't install anything? If it's school/work, I'd let your boss/sysad know, or if it's something with your parents, I don't see why they wouldn't let you fix something like that :?
-
What did you get OTHERS for Christmas?
Man, I don't even think we have a 45 foot wall in our basement :( :P We don't even have a basement :lol:
-
Headlines you would not like to see in your newpaper
"Dog Rides Skateboard, DIFFERENT DOG THAN THE LAST 2 TIMES!"
-
Christmas List
Are we still doing the community tree?
-
What did you get OTHERS for Christmas?
I've been putting this of amazingly well, lol =P Brother: Some random racing game for xbox -walk into gamestop, look for a game, play whatever demos they have set up, leave 2 hours later :lol: Mom: Half of an ipod nano, my dad is buuying the other half, but I wanted to be able to pay for it a bit Dad: Hardest one :x , probably going to end up with a nice bbq set or something