• Christmas
    • Hanukkah
    • Kwanzaa
    • Winter Solstice
    • Consumer
    • Other
    • None

Happy Holidays, everyone!

I am taking up the responsibility to make an official holiday thread! I want to wish everyone out there a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, "Have a Krazy Kwanzaa!" and a Happy EverythingElse! Take this thread to post what you will be doing for the holidays, your opinions on the holidays, Christmas trees, decorations, holiday food, Christmas songs, anything else you can think of, and snow! Yes, that's right, snow!!! Please post the winter happenings around your area! And speaking of which, ATTENTION NEW ENGLANDERS: A vicious wintry-mix storm is heading our way! Ice and snow expected!

Our family just put up our Christmas tree, and it just started to snow. <3:

We're going to our grandparent's house for Christmas just like every year. A great change for good food and family all around. As for decorations, well, besides the Christmas tree, we haven't really put any up yet. Don't worry though, we will!

I'll post more when it happens. Have a great holiday season, everyone! :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just put up a christmas tree? Already?

Won't it like...dry out by christmas? We don't usually get ours until two weeks before, but last night we did all of the lights in front of the house, and speaking of that, I need to figure out how some light up candy canes are drawing enough power to pop an entire breaker :lol:

It started snowing like mad as soon as the Star-Spangled Banner ended at our state championship football game. We won \' .

We usually get a huge tree, but last year we couldn't because we refurbished the living room and had to move it to the basement, where the ceiling is like six and a half feet. So no more giant trees for us. And we're moving in January, so I don't know what we'll do at the new house.

p2gq.jpg

My 4th Christmas on Tip.it...

How sad... :(

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

My family and I are staying at the house. We have a fake tree, so it's not a big problem.

My brother is going to come down from San Francisco on Dec. 22. We're going to shout how much Stanfurd college bites and how bad they cheated yesterday. And after that, we're gonna toss the pigskin.

I request Rushrock puts in "Have a Krazy Kwanzaa!" in the original post.

I've already gotten two gifts, I just can't have them until Christmas. It sucks. I got a Jackson Rhoads (RX10D, too bad it's not an RR3 ;( ) and a Vox 15 watt amp (AD15VT-XL).

I've played them a few times when the parents have been out, but otherwise can't wait till I get to play them for real. ;D It'll sound a lot better when I play with my band, too.

Otherwise, for gifts, I just want a few GBA (yes gba lawls) games to play on the DS my little brother lends me (he has two for some reason...old one and a new one... I don't get it.)

We've put up the tree, and seeing how I live in Canadananda, it's already snowed and is about as cold as a witch's [bleep].

Christmas time is sexy time. The Zoo in town puts up a large light display, and I'm taking my girlfriend to it for an evening. :D

And now I'll stop boring everyone.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

Ya, I'm not really a scrooge.

Just got finished watching "A Christmas Story" on youtube (if you have never seen it, i suggest you do. It's only the second best Christmas special to the Charlie Brown Christmas special.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Anyone want to try searching for the tip it xmas tree I made awhile back? I couldn't find it searching and I'm at college and it's on my home computer. I try to post that around xmas every year for the heck of it.

Yeah, I love that movie. I watch a lot of those Christmas movies every year, including Elf and The Fairly Oddparent's and the Spongebob Christmas Special (don't make fun!).

Elf is great, I love Zooey Deschanel. She is even hotter in that movie than normal. (A little OT, Tin Man starts tonight starring her!).

But you really have to include A Christmas Story, White Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Grinch cartoon, and most importantly It's a Wonderful Life. They are classics. Elf is great, and it's standing the test of time well so far, but it might not down the road.

Anyways I think you should request a poll for this thread that asks what holiday people are celebrating. The poll items could be 1. Christmas 2. Hanukkah 3. Kwanzaa 4. Winter Solstice 5. Consumer 6. None. First three and sixth are obvious, the fourth one I just learned some people celebrate. The fifth one is for those who still buy and give out presents but aren't religious (if you aren't religious but still celebrate on Christmas and call it Christmas, vote Christmas).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

^ Yeah, great movies. And I definitely believe Elf will turn into a passed-down Christmas classic, or at least have a huge cult following-type popularity. Will Ferrel is definitely one of my favorite actors. Funny guy, incredibly funny! :)

The poll idea sounds great. I'm assuming I just PM a mod about it, right?

The poll idea sounds great. I'm assuming I just PM a mod about it, right?

I guess so, last time I made a topic with a poll in it was on scapeboard and we could just choose it in the creation part. Not sure how it works on here.

It's up to you though, you don't have to do it. I just thought it would be interesting :D .

Oh and Adam I searched for about ten minutes and I couldn't find anything. As far as I can tell you've never typed the word "Christmas" or "tree" (excepting the post you just made) in OT :D

EDIT: http://progressiveboink.com/archive/chr ... ndex1.html

That's a list of the 100 greatest Christmas shows. For some reason page two isn't working for me, but one and three do. I just realized I meant Holiday Inn in my post above instead of White Christmas. I don't know why I always call it that.

EDIT2: The link is just slow because it is getting Farked.

EDIT3. I am thinking of White Christmas. The two movie synopsis are too similar :P .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg