Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
extra level in the grotworm dungeon?
Don't we meet one of the last surviving elder dragon in RFD? It's the little guy who flambleds the cake or whatever for Sir Amik Varze. So if that's correct, the elder dragons with little guys with stubby arms and legs and tiny wings. Kinda reminds me of a Dragonite. Nah, that was just some kind of "fairy dragon". I doubt they have much significance in the whole Dragonkin plot.
-
200M in all Skills
500k XP/hr instead of 450k. Depends in prices if it is a reliable choice for training or not. I don't think all the QBD kills in the world could keep even one player going with max xp rate per hour. There just aren't enough hides coming into the game for it to be anywhere viable.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Congretulotions! How much are they going for now? Not 100m or anything anymore, huh?
-
29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee
This is what I'm going to PWN the QBD with. I'll also have 20 brews, 8 super restores and unicorn pouch/scrolls in my yak. Seeing as I got to the final wave using only sharks, I think this should be a cakewalk. However, I've seen people in Nex gear with overloads just barely scrape by with possibly even more brews than I have. But that's probably because they were using melee, and generally speaking, the closer you are to the dragon, the more [bleep]ed you are on an exponential scale. Oh, and they're also scrubs who don't bother dodging super-fire-breath and the fire walls. P.S. Ava's device looks badass with angelic wings sprouting out of it. Just thought I'd include that in the pic. P.P.S. I just remembered! I should bring dreadnips too, right? But if my memory is this bad, chances are I'll only manage to throw out one or two of the bastards before I forget I brought them entirely.
-
Fast range levels?
If cost is no object, buy spins like a motha[bleep]er. 1m xp+ per hour and maybe a few free divines thrown in for good measure.
-
Missed past month
Runespan = Huge amounts of runecrafting xp for disproportionately little effort Queen Black Dragon = Enormous new boss with some neat-o drops, but you're about as informed as we are currently Song from the Deep = New low leveled quest with voice acting. Acts as a precursor to the QBD and has some handy rewards I guess Squeal of Fortune = STILL HERE Mad May = Nothing big, especially because you missed it entirely (for shame) Bonfires = Easier XP for a skill that is all around shit There's also been some chatter about a huge Runescape Super Fantastic Combat Evolution Mega Update coming up in a few months.
-
Becoming a PvMer [+One last little bit of help]
Why exactly? The best for profit bosses are: Nex (Use range) Bandos (Use maul) Corp (Use spear) Glacors (Use mage) I mean he should get a rapier for training, but it's not that useful for high level PvM. Going from 82 attack, strength, defence and constitution to 99 is a preeeetty big deal. The rapier will definitely speed this up quite a bit more than just about any other item or ability in the game. Also, you could argue CR is good for offing glacytes and GWD minions in a timely manner.
-
29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee
Oof. I managed to get to the final phase using only sharks as food. Then I inevitably run dry. -I wore void range/chaotic crossbow/dragonbane bolts etc. -1 slot of extreme range -2 slots of super antifire -5 slots of prayer potions -enhanced excalibur -19 sharks in inventory -28 sharks in yak -unicorn pouch+scrolls in yak -might I add I only have 87 range I reckon I'd win if I used saradomin brew (4)'s in place of the sharks. However, I was kinda holding off on using massive amounts of brews until I had overloads to offset the stat drops (91 herblore at the mo', and roughly zilch cash). Would it still be worth using brews as long as I keep my range level at 87/87 via restores? By the way, has anyone checked if Dominion Markers work at the QBD yet?
-
Becoming a PvMer [+One last little bit of help]
#1 priority by FAR would be to get a chaotic rapier. Then after that, do slayer to raise your melee levels and gather charms for summoning. After you get a good summoning level (88 at least) all you need to do is buy some equipment and you're all set, really!
-
29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee
That dragonbone stuff looks BADASS. What other stuff can you add it to? I never would've guessed it can be used on infinity.
-
Help! Email registerd?
Make sure to deny any recovery requests from the hacker's e-mail. It might take a while to get your e-mail back, so stay on your toes while you wait. Also, if you were keylogged, make sure you scan for viruses and remove them before you change your password/recoveries/etc.
-
29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee
So is a anti-dragon/dragonfire shield required for the QBD? Or do super antifire potions suffice?
-
29th May 2012 - SoF + Royal Costumes
I'm sure they'll be back some time after the "summer months" availability period. Remember the katana, turkey hat, green skin etc.? They reused those for other promotions involving membership cards and whatnot. Same will happen with the monkey themed items, I presume. They just can't resist reusing these cash-grab promo items.
-
Squeal of Fortune: Win More, Win Big!
I can't see any armour better than Pernix being cheaper or easier to acquire than Pernix. I'm expecting it to be quite gimmicky, like additional damage but low defense, which could be interesting. The "elitist" view is totally justified by the way, if you don't have pernix you WILL use a lot more supplies and ruin the team. This isn't karils vs arma here, the difference is very significant. I've also been worrying about the DFS. On one hand, super antis are probably gonna be fine and DFS will probably become more common with the QBD and thus crash even further. On the other hand, it might be almost essential and multiply in price as soon as this is realized. I bought a draconic visage some time last week anticipating this. At first I bought a DFS, but then I realized it would be safer to have the visage, because perhaps you can add it onto the new dragon kiteshield. I'm pretty certain that some sort of dragonfire resistant shield will be necessary. I mean, c'mon, this is the Queen Black Dragon we're talking about!
-
Offhand for Glacors
Actually, you can move, drink potions, or whatever as long as you attack again at the very first opportunity. So you have 5 ticks (4 technically, because magic takes an extra tick to come out) to do whatever it is you need, and as long as you attack as soon as possible again, it doesn't drop the combo. You can even evade the giant icicle special and keep the combo going if you're quick.
-
Offhand for Glacors
Celestial surgebox also has the wonderful property of dealing an extra hit every 5 consecutive attacks. Normally, it only does 20% of what your initial hit was, but against Glacors, it appears to do far more than 20%. It also saves a few inventory spaces. You should definitely get it if you're serious about glacors.
-
Jad Task
I wanted to bring a generous number of extreme range doses mostly because I want to make sure I can re-pot during the fight with Jad if I need to brew. I think I could manage a few less brews (maybe 20 doses instead of 40), but I'm not sure what else I'd do with the saved inventory space. Maybe I could bring Torag's top/bottom for tanking the rangers better. Or spec restores with dragon claws (or dds if the 360 kiting is a big issue), but only a few spec restore potions probably wouldn't make much of a difference. While I'd like to use SoA, it's not currently in my budget. In fact, the biggest reason I'm doing this is for a second fire cape to unlock the Fight Kiln, and maybe complete it for money via onyxes. I'm having trouble finding a consistent way of making money that I actually enjoy and I thought that might be it.
-
Powerslaying Guide
At first the guide seems sloppy and badly laid out. Probably because it is sloppy and badly laid out. However, the information is quite useful. Just format it a bit differently, and I'll give you a gold star. And thank you for not tossing another sunnova[bleep]ing "VIDEO GUIDE" onto the pile that is today's AoW. You get extra credit for that.
-
Squeal of Fortune: Win More, Win Big!
Pretty sure the Katana doesn't count as a super-rare cosmetic item. Well, I hope it doesn't count as a "cosmetic". Because if it did, then that would probably mean lucky Godwars armor, spirit shields, dragon equipment would count too. And having 10x more of these lucky ducky freebies floating around will make me about 10x angrier than I already am. I'm not actually that angry at this very moment, but 10x is a lot.
-
Jad Task
Boom. Goin' fast. Boom. That's my setup. Trying to make the task as quick as possible without sacrificing too much in the way of survivability. Any suggestions? Gotta make this post quick too. Boom. P.S. Assume I'm wearing a vampyrism aura, my strength potions are brew (4)'s and my inventory bolts are of the enchanted diamond variety. Blam. That wasn't very fast.
-
Ring of wealth..
TOO BRIGHT! An incredibly uncanny combination of ring of wealth spam and a light bloom glitch left me laughing my ass off for 12 minutes.
-
Why are you a NOOB?
I'm a noob because I can't realize subtle differences in things that turn out to be incredibly important. But at least my power level is off da charts.
-
Squeal of Fortune: Win More, Win Big!
Thank god 0.00000000002% vs. 0.0000000002% I like those odds, where do I put my money?
-
Future Update Discussions
Shit... I was kinda interested in 8Realms. I would've kept playing after the beta if they made a few changes. The idea of the servers being deleted after there was crowned a "winner" kinda turned me off to the whole ordeal. If you spend days and days building your empire, but somebody else builds the final Wonder first, all your work is kaput.
-
Future Update Discussions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuGoqTAP4zU From the same uploader -- Mod Mark confirms there will be sheathed weapons in the Combat Evolution update! Also, burnt bouldabass confirmed for next tradeable discontinued item (more or less).