Squeal of Fortune: Win More, Win Big!

258ForLife

Thanks to player feedback, we have reviewed the quality and value of the prizes available on the Squeal of Fortune, and we’re pleased to announce that we will be making significant improvements to the drop rates and overall value of the loot on offer.

With the launch of our next content update on Tuesday 29th May, each time you spin the Squeal of Fortune you’ll stand a greater chance of winning something awesome, courtesy of our revised, remixed and revitalised prize list.

We’re confident that this revised selection of prizes will ensure that spinning the Squeal is not only more exciting than ever, but will also bring about some genuinely useful contributions to your ongoing RuneScape adventures.

So, without further ado, we’re now able to confirm the following great changes to the Squeal of Fortune:

•Ten times the chance to win super-rare cosmetic items!

•More coin prizes added that will also appear more frequently, including 5,000, 50,000 and 500,000gp!

•Coin prizes substantially increased in value, e.g. the 50gp prize is now 1000gp.

•More useful common items in increased quantities.

•New items swapped in to replace your most commonly discarded items including:

◦Construction and Fletching supplies such as planks and logs.

◦Crafting and Smithing materials, including leather and ore.

◦More gems, from sapphire to diamond.

◦Combat consumables such as arrows and runes.

◦And much more!

We’d like to reassure players that we have thought very carefully about which items to add, remove and increase the likelihood of. We’ve made these changes with a full set of statistics and a healthy wedge of player behaviour data to hand, as we know how important it is to make sure the changes are in-keeping with a healthy in-game economy.

With that reassurance in mind, all that remains is for you to enjoy this new and improved collection of prizes, and to maximise your chances of scoring some truly great rewards when using your free, earned and purchased spins!

Don’t forget that members get more daily spins each day, so get some extra spins by subscribing now!

The RuneScape Team

Edited by Jeremy841
added quotes

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it will definitely add to the excitement of spinning the wheel. Having said that though I imagine this will make people who are very unhappy about SoF even more unhappy.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

All the feedback that rejected the SoF hasn't been acknowledged yet, but all the feedback to improve the rates of the rewards is?

*sigh*

Well, for those that enjoy this, they get a few new perks and more chances to win the super rare stuff.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'M SO EXCITED TO SPIN THE WHEEL NOW I JUST CANT DESCRIBE OMG MORE UPDATES LIKE THIS PLEASE PLEASE 99 STRENGTH OWNAGE.

hopefully lowers number of xp lamps?

I was getting 200k exp in summoning a week from it! Please no don't take away my free exp!

Just kidding though, they do need to take out some of the lamps.

Jacariah.png

sig3nt.png

I don't want them to lower the amount of lamps that we receive. I call the SoF a make up for the Effigy nerf, so I still want my 50k summoning exp per week from those free spins. I'd rather have 10k summy exp than 50k or some stupid cosmetic item any day of the week.

@Hunter.

Yes. Some of us do care.

hopefully lowers number of xp lamps?

That's what I'm expecting, and to be honest. I approve of the changes, it just needs to remove the buyable spins and maybe throw in a few more methods of getting tickets, and allow us to hold more spins.

My first reaction when I saw that they were adding raw materials was that hopefully they'd be removing / reducing the lamps, which would be great.

Have to wait and see though, and not get my hopes up :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm so reassured that it's exploding out my eyeballs and my backside.

But not really. To both the exploding and the reassuring.

Still, improvements to a thing we're virtually stuck with (unless we want to see that damn goblin every login) can only be for the better. Making the best of a bad situation n' whatnot.

hzvjpwS.gif

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. - Joshua, WarGames

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Ten times the chance to win super-rare cosmetic items!

Thank god

0.00000000002%

vs.

0.0000000002%

I like those odds, where do I put my money?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

My thoughts on this update (offensive language):

At least Jagex is giving us a reach around while [bleep]ing us in the ass.

Exactly...

They went from gamblin-ish to full blown RWT on this one...

Should it be a coincidence that my next article on this subject was to come out with the next issue? More fodder to shoot with rly...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Ten times the chance to win super-rare cosmetic items!

Thank god

0.00000000002%

vs.

0.0000000002%

I like those odds, where do I put my money?

Be optimistic, in the time it used to take you to get 1 rare prize, you can get 10.

Jacariah.png

sig3nt.png

Were confident that this revised selection of prizes will ensure that spinning the Squeal is not only more exciting than ever, but will also bring about some genuinely useful contributions to your ongoing RuneScape adventures.

Like what, exactly?

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Were confident that this revised selection of prizes will ensure that spinning the Squeal is not only more exciting than ever, but will also bring about some genuinely useful contributions to your ongoing RuneScape adventures.

Like what, exactly?

:rolleyes:

Effigies? Oh no they didn't...

Jacariah.png

sig3nt.png