Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
Runescape Discussion: Why do you play?
Runescape is my anti-drug. I assume that means if I quit Runescape, I'll succumb to the temptations of illegal substances soon after. That's why I'm never quitting. Thanks a lot, DARE.
-
Runescape 3?
I don't get it, how was the old website more "medieval"? Web design wasn't really a major defining factor in feudal European history. Historical depictions of medieval web pages are scarce, and those that do exist have their validity often disputed amongst the pre age of enlightenment electronic computer historical scholar community. In fact, I don't think they even had internet back then! Or wizards, or zombies, or demons, or magic, or hot air balloons, or immortal skeleton people from another dimension, or not horses, or magic.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Holy shit how did I get infinity boots and dragon platelegs in Daemonheim?!?
-
This is a public service announcement: Leaving D bones/hides on the floor while slaying is inefficient.
Efficiency? Nah, I'm just lazy. I usually pick them up and bury them while fighting another dragon. Sure that isn't really "lazy", I just don't like running back and forth to a bank. I'm seriously considering getting a bonecrusher for these tasks. Yes, I go far out of my way in one direction to be as lazy as possible in another.
-
15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!
Why does everyone always have to feel so entitled? The "it's not your game" argument applies here, especially because you don't even pay for it. Either way, it's just highscores, I bet most of you hardly ever used them. Don't worry, you'll survive.
-
15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!
Why does everybody suddenly care about being on the highscores? They obviously have their reasons for making it members only. I really don't see the big deal. And don't tell me "It shows Jagex doesn't care at all about F2P" because that couldn't be any more wrong.
-
15-Nov-2011 - Breaking Dicing
But that's wrong. It only relocates money, it doesn't affect the economy. One could argue that without this, they will turn to gathering resources, but merchanting has always been a prominent factor on deciding player wealth (merely relocating player wealth, just like dicing), and I doubt dicers will attempt to grow fortunes by fishing or woodcutting. Relocating money is exactly the problem. The idea that these people aren't gathering any resources, or doing anything besides taking someone's money is what gives it a negative economic impact. It's just making money off of money, not contributing to the market at all. You could argue that item flipping and merching is the same in that effect, but it's somewhat different. When you're playing the stock market game there's certainly some risk involved. On the other hand, all you do for dicing is rig the odds (55% chance of the host winning) and take people's money. Then there's some kinda of "dice mafia" thing going on with rich players defending their "turf" by threatening other dicers with mutes from Player Mods that they payed off. It's friggin' crazy... I'm glad dicing is gone. Gambling isn't what Runescape is about,. It just sours my play experience when people make billions doing nothing but rigging a dice game to take advantage of gullible people. Then here I am with hardly any money even though I actually work about ten times as hard as these scammers. ^This is easily the worst idea since dehydrated water.
-
15-Nov-2011 - Breaking Dicing
Finally. Now maybe all those rich lazy bastards will work for their money. I'm not (only) being judgemental; the fact that so many people could make money and produce no resources kinda hurts the economy. Now with dicing gone, maybe there will be more people actually contibuting to the market.
-
11-Nov-2011 - More Loot = More W00t!
You don't understand! I did the calculations and... Dear God, 72 hours of double drops is about equivalent to 144 hours of normal drops! Do you know what this means? That's essentially adding three days to the year! IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT MATH YOU PEOPLE WOULD BE SHITTING YOUR PANTS RIGHT NOW!!!
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
You can find that advice in this thread. It's been asked. Your post is not of much use, but I guess you knew that yourself already. I've literally gone through the thread till page 14 and I did find some advice on the monkey trio but I was just wondering if a more suitable method was found and if somebody wanted to share that. Well, there's my strategy I posted a while back.
-
Nature Rune prices soar!
Alching is garbage slow xp anyway. String jewellery is where it's at! Honestly, I hope natures rise back to ~300. Hell, maybe even more. Remember, back in the "good ol days" there were bots, and now there are no bots. Who knows, they might rise to higher than before. Profitable runecrafting please? I'll start training to 91 in anticipation...
-
Leech curses boosts stats by 15%?
Seriously? Can anyone else back this up? I was under the impression it was a 5-10% boost.
-
Double Nomad Challenge!
Hey, I managed to beat them yesterday morning, using a void setup. I tried Karils, but it kinda sucked. Also, the soak didn't seem to work on any of his attacks. Thanks to A Local Girl (Guy?) for letting me borrow a Bandos godsword. I probably couldn't have won without it! I kinda got down to the wire with a few brews left. P.S. Sorry I couldn't respond earlier, I kinda sprained my ankle later that day and didn't get much of a chance. You can all stop bickering now and lock this thread. Thanks for all the advice, though!
-
Double Nomad Challenge!
Thanks for the advice! I think I'm pretty confident I could do this with my stats. I'll probably start trying tomorrow morning, wish me luck! And about overloads, exactly how useful are they really? Seeing as you're going to be chugging down brews against Nomad, does the full overload boost really come in effect all that often? Of course having overloads is better than not, but I'm thinking it might not have as much an impact on the fight against Nomad as people believe?
-
Double Nomad Challenge!
Hey I'm going to try the two-Nomads-in-a-row challenge, and I was wondering if I could have some pointers when it comes to gear to bring. Here are my stats: 99 attack 98 strength 93 defence 98 constitution 99 magic 85 ranged 85 prayer 91 summoning 88 herblore I have a chaotic rapier as well as Karil's armor, a fire cape, amulet of fury and some other stuff... Any ideas on what I should bring, or if I could do it at all with my stats (no overloads or ss/turmoil)? Any hints would be much appreciated, but keep in mind I can't afford really expensive gear like Torva, Pernix etc. P.S. Is it possible I could only beat the first Nomad in the special challenge and it would still unlock goliath gloves? P.P.S. Oh, and I don't have dragon claws... but I'd gladly accept donations (or just a borrow)!
-
Your casual RS outfit
Well, here you go, this is one of my outfits... What? You wanted more? What, no! Arrgh, no more pictures!
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
Good news, everyone! [hide=][/hide] I finally got 500 kills and I claimed a pair of spellcaster and swift gloves. I tested out the spellcasters for about 1 hour (they still only say "slightly degraded" by the way) and I'm going to post what I've found. Well, first of all, here's the stuff I was using against gargoyles: -Fire surge (280 base damage) -Full slayer helm (+15% damage on task) -Arcane Stream (+15% damage) -Ferocious ring (+40 damage) -Magic potion boost (varies) -Spellcaster gloves (not sure of the bonus of course!) -NO staff Please note: when the gloves' "special" activates, it will say so in the chat box along the lines of "Your magic spell surges with power" and/or "Your spell weakens the enemy" Here are a few significant hits I dealt and my calculations: -460 (max splat) at +5 magic level boost... I calculated the bonuses (280*15%*15%*15*+40) and it came out to be ~459, so I'm assuming the gloves did not have an affect here. The "surges with power" message did not pop up so I assume the damage bonus doesn't take effect otherwise -458 damage (non-max splat) at +1 magic level boost... calc'd with (280*15%*15*3%+40) and I got ~421! This time, the message did pop up, so the damage boost seems to be at least 10%! I say at least, because this wasn't a max splat, so I could've hit higher for all I know. I'll keep the info coming and maybe post some more later. But here's my impression on the spellcaster gloves: The special doesn't activate very often, but it's common enough to be worth something. I'm still unsure of how powerful the "stat drain" effect is, and that could be significant. The higher magic bonus than barrows gloves is nice, so it's not necessary to use it without a staff for the specials. I have a theory that these gloves last longer when their special aren't activating compared to when that are, but I have no real basis, just an idea. I also tried using these gloves with a rapier equipped (technically not a staff) but the special effects didn't seem to activate, sadly. They seem to last for a reasonable amount of time seeing as after an hour mine are still only "slightly degraded" but having to run back to the Tower (or teleport up to 3 times a day) would be a hassle, I imagine. Perhaps if we could have more than one pair at a time, I think these would certainly be worth using based on the stats alone!
-
01 Nov, 2011 - Behind the Scenes - November
Arrrgh, please don't give our character a voice! Just make them speak in text for now. I don't want some generic voice given to every single player. If anything, allow us to choose different kinds of voices, but of course that would require a lot of programming and whatnot.
-
Spork > 2x Nomad
Holy damn, nice job! So I guess it's official: sporks are the most powerful kitchen utensil in the universe.
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
450 kills... one page...
-
02-Nov-2011 - Log-in and Frame-rate Issues
Same here. I tried putting my setting on absolute shit level and I still get crappy loading times and FPS ranging in the 10-15 area. Usually I'm not one to care about frames per second, but 10 is rather absurd. I'd kill (virgins this time?) to have a steady 25 at this point.
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
Agreed. I don't quite understand why they had the Runefest attendees test Dominion Tower two days before it was to be released. Funny thing is, Jagex got a lot of ideas from their make-shift beta testers, but they had absolutely no time to implement any of the suggestions! One issue that I would really press is the opening cutscenes!! I understand that it's nice to have a dramatic entrance now and again, but every single fight does not need one. I can't imagine how much of my time scaling the Tower was spent watching the introductory scene before a battle commences. I don't need to see Delrith growl at me, Count Draynor taking note of his acute sense of smell, or Solus lying to me about his supposed "magical power" every single time I face them in battle! Shorten the cutscenes, or just give us an option to skip them entirely! Stacking dominion weapons would be nice too. At least let us combine them, as these useless crossbows are taking up tons of space. "Just use them" you say? I wish I could, I'm only 85 ranged, and I'm seriously considering throwing these twiggerdly crossbows in the trash soon. EDIT: Here's a handy way to survive the dream monster endurance test. Monsters seem to make single file lines without much problem. I didn't even try to orchestrate this... they just kinda fell into place by themselves. Then we shall fight in the shadow of a doubt?
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
That actually looks pretty awesome. How do?
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
Whomad? Hemad! Okay, so it was on the special scenario... :-w But yeah! Beat him![/hide] So did that count as having defeated him for the Goliath Gloves? If you simply FIND a boss, but do not kill them, do you unlock them for freestyle? If yes to the above, does killing them in freestyle count? Can all the class A bosses be found in Endurance now? SO MANY QUESTIONS!! 1. I think so, I heard it does. You can check yourself on the unlock screen. 2. I'll have to check, I'm leaning to yes. 3. Nope, freestyle doesn't count, I'm sure of it. 4. I would guess so, but I could be wrong. If Nomad is in, I don't see why not have the others. From my experience, I did face Zenevivia a few times in Endurance, can't confirm for the rest. 5. I know right?
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
Just minding my own business, doing endurance mode. Floor 9 comes along and... SUDDENLY... RAPE... That was most unexpected! I also met someone at the Dominion Tower bank who had the goliath gloves. He was talking to someone saying that they're "really good for pking". He claims to have hit around 600 with them barehanded, but they only lasted for about 20 minutes! Holy crap, if this is true... I don't know what to think! On one hand, they're really powerful "weapons" that can be reclaimed within a few minutes, and on the other hand... 20 minutes?! I have a theory, maybe they degrade faster if you use the gloves' special effect?