Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
Costume Room Upgrade
I've been recently having big problems with managing my bank space. More updates come out and I don't have enough room to store all this crap! That's when I go to my Player Owned House's costume room and see what I can stick in there. Usually I'm met with dissapointment as I realise my options are rather limited. Not only that, I'm getting a headache from teleporting to my house and back so much just to root through my closets for a few seconds. Once I find some items I could potentially stick in my costume room, often I'll find I need the complete set to store it! This is all quite an inconvenience, and I would love to store away my assortment of hats, pants, shoes and other miscellanious wears that I don't have a complete set of. So I've thought of a few potential solutions: 1. Your costume room contents should be accessible from your bank. Running laps back and forth from my house gets tiresome, and I have a butler! Why not put him to good use, functioning as a transport for my clothes so I can access them from my bank? This would add a new interface to the bank opened by a "closet" icon next to the equipment icon. From here you can select your different costume storages and open up the usual costume interface. A butler of a certain level would be required for this feature, perhaps. 2. Storing multiple/incomplete sets of costumes. As it is now, you need an entire set of an outfit to store it in your costume room. No less, no more. And if you have multiple sets, you can only store one at a time, leaving the rest to still occupy bank space and your storage crisis is back where it started. You should simply be able to store any piece of a set, and as many sets/pieces as you wish. There would be a second interface after you click on your desired costume where each individual piece is located, along with a number to see how many are present in your closet. 3. More options! There is a long, long list of things that can't be stored in your costume room, and we have to start somewhere. Here are a few things I'd like to see storable in a PoH costume room: -Circus clothes (ringmaster, clown, etc...) -Elemental armor (mind helmet, chaos body, elemental gloves, etc...) -Multiple kinds of Castle Wars armor -Morphic Stealing Creation armor (especially annoying that they don't stack in the bank, perhaps can only be stored in the costume room when fully uncharged for the programmers' sake) -Mage Training Arena hat, duelist's cap, wildstalker helmet, and other assorted hats, perhaps stored on a new "hat rack" That's about it for my ideas on improving the PoH costume room system. Hope you like my ideas, leave a post if you have anything to comment on.
-
Anti-bot idea that could actually work
Here's an idea: Add these questions to random events. If they really would work against bots, just put them in random events, so they can function as bot stoppers like they were origianl envisioned. But honestly, I think it would be a better idea to just use "captcha" phrases instead. I believe they work pretty damn well. I just really don't get why you'd have to "choke" bots. Seems silly, and would be abused to annoy even legitimate players. Hell, someone could make a bot designed to follow around players, choking them every few minutes. One players should be able to be choked once every 8 hours or so. The concept just seems pointless. It would only function as a more frequent random event of sorts, but relies on other players to take the initiative and actually go out and choke every bot they come across. Just beef up the current random events with better bot-proof questions such as captchas.
-
What makes a good tipit member?
If I were a bad TIFer, I wouldn't be sitting here discussing it with you, now would I?! I think a good TIFer is one who actually responds to the topic at hand with meaningful posts. I'm sick of all this crap where people just post one word and think they're contributing. Like, coming into a thread and posting "woot" or "i agree" isn't going to start much of a discussion. Also, I hate when people take their time to respond to a post only when there's a crappy joke to be made. They end up missing the point when they post some dumb joke or reference looking for attention. If you don't have anything meaningful to say, stay your typing fingers.
-
Look at all them attempts to hack my pro account!
Attention LORD/LADY I am prince Abuular Marhask. My father is King of Karajama, great nation of Gielinor. Regrettably, he has taken ill in the past months. He has great fortune worth over 700 Billion gp. However fortune is in banks in Falador, and should he die will go to my evil brother Jabok. We are asking you to recieve transfer of 2.147 Billion gp to your Bank of Runescape account. This amount must then be transferred to our merchant located at the Port of Sarim. As a gift of our gratitude for providing us this service, you will be allowed to keep the amount of 500 Million gp. Below you must provide us your: USERNAME/EMAIL PASSWORD PIN NUMBER After information is received, we will authorize the transfer of 2.147 Billion gp into your Bank of Runescape account. We will then contact you with further instruction. Hoping to be in contact with you soon. Prince Abuular Marhask of Karajama Yes, that's the email I've been getting! Glad to see I'm not the only one.
-
do they ban P2P'ers anymore?
They don't discriminate between members and non-member bots. It's a pretty easily policy to uphold, seeing as they don't ban anyone in the first place.
-
Look at all them attempts to hack my pro account!
I've gotten a few emails from a Karamjan Prince requesting that I transfer gp through a bank account for him, and I'd get like 25% of it. Sounds legit.
-
01-Sep-11 BTS September
Seriously, I don't get why the Dungeoneering storyline and the Mahjarrat storyline won't ever intersect. That fact alone tells us Blirach probably wasn't successful in "summoning" Zamorak. I mean, if he was, surely the other Mahjarrat would be involved somehow? I was really hoping for a Grand Unification Quest of sorts that pretty much ties together a bunch of ongoing quests (all the important ones at least) and maybe sets us to the year 170 finally??? It's like Groundhog Day all over again (heheh pun) but instead of stuff actually repeating, just the friggin calendars are broken!
-
02-Sep-2011 - Bonus XP Weekend - 9th to 12th of September
Pssh, good luck finding an empty world for chinning skeletons or mummies. You're probably better off going into the wilderness and chinning the swathes of idorts and bots trying desperately to find a place to train. Personally, I'm going to be sitting in a bank somewhere making potions. Getting 86 herblore hopefully. I had all the supplies for months now, except I have to buy like 1k papayas... Hope it won't end up like last time where I wait until the last minute to buy some supplies and find they quadrupled in price! But I'm 95% prepared for this, anyway.
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
There will always be a mass of cranky players downvoting every one of Jagex's videos because they "ruined Runescape" or "released the update a day late" or "fix bots or I thumbs down your video, Failgex"
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
It has 10 charges but can be recharged at a blood fountain by Burgh de Rott. It takes a matter of seconds, really.
-
01-Sep-11 BTS September
Chris L + Paul? Sounds like a winning combination. Yeah, ROTM is just about the only thing I'm excited about this month. -BXPW is nice, but it's more like "Labor Day" but instead of not laboring and having a nice weekend, you just labor harder. -I really don't get why a new prayer potion gets its own spot on the BTS. -RSC reopening is nice, but that game is kinda outdated. I played it when it was reopened last year, and haven't really played it since. -Oh, and the loyalty rewards look interesting, but I'm sure we won't be able to amass enough points to try them all for a while now. But special attack regen based on damage dealt? Sounds ossum! All in all I'd gladly trade in the rest of this month just for ROTM!
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
I was getting some jumpy framerate issues in Darkmeyer. Doesn't sound to be the same lag you were experiencing, though. I think my problem stemmed from the dozens of people running around crapping out particle effects left and right while trying to run through the sneaking portion. Man, some people suck at sneaking. A number of times someone opened a door and unwittingly lured in a vyrewatch who then caught us both, friggin frustrating...
-
01-Sep-11 BTS September
Hey! I just got 77 agility yesterday hoping I could explore Kethsi and see some teasers! As it turns out, my hunch was right, and it is one of the requirements for ROTM. Now I just need 2 more crafting levels... This month seems pretty exciting, mostly because Ritual of the Mahjarrat is finally coming out!
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
Okay, fine. I'll give you a brief summary. [hide=Braches of Darkmayor] one day there was a vampire so you went back to burg drot and talk to the guy and he says to go to the bank and go in an hole and you do. so you find some coffine and get a metallion and its evil so you bring it back to belmont and something to go to mayorditch. and go find other secret hero mans an then talk to more people and you see little girl whos scary and turns out to be trick! Vamprye come out and is actually freind?? so okay then she help and fight dreken you go to darkmayor and use bombs to invincible. you go past Guards and get clothes for digise so then your a vampyre and you make friends with everone and then you find the tree and get the wood and make the weapons. Go back to base and tell mens to get SLafan but hes missin and hes an icene so its plot twist! then you go fight draculas' cousin and a boss fight, so you win and go home but people are still ciff hanger.. the end [/hide]
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
Great :D always wanted them as a task. Now i really want to be able to do the quest... One wonders if its actually after this quest; since we can kill them after legacy of seergaze. Also wonder if vyre lord/ladys count as vyrewatch How are they different from normal vyrewatches? Just higher stats and health, or do they drop anything different? EDIT: No, they can't be stored in your house, sadly.
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
Holy [cabbage], I was just thinking to myself "you should be able to get vyrewatch as tasks after the quest now that they aren't a pain in the ass to kill anymore" Awesome that they did! Well, I think they'll be a pretty good task, as the new weapons can hit pretty damn hard on them.
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
Yeah you can cast mage with it. It's just a case of maging without staff = can't hit vyres Magin with staff = can hit vyres And then staff can be used to melee em too if you wanna randomly melee with a mage staff Ahhh, I see. I could've swore I saw someone casting a special spell with it, but I guess I was mistaken.
-
31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer
So how does the new staff operate? Do you need to cast spells with runes, and they do extra damage to vyres? I smacked a vyrewatch with the staff's melee and it did melee damage (as expected) but might it have a different kind of affect on the boss, or do I actually need runes and crap?
-
Learn the difference
Wearever you go youll see people mispelling things and useing grammer mistakes, but your just going to have to get used to it. Its not there fault they are'nt as good at words then you are.
-
[Easter-eggs] " Kitty ", My Golden Gnomes 2011 Entry
I like it a lot. You put a lot of work into it, and it shows. Keep up the great work, I think this video has a good chance of winning something!
-
Is Runescape getting too easy?
Well, I suppose there is a point where "too easy" would become a bad thing. Let me clarify: Runescape is nowhere near being too easy. Sure, the sense of achievement is a big driving factor towards reaching your goals, but the game itself would be a lot more enjoyable if some things weren't sure a soul-crushing grind.
-
Void...
You shouldn't worry much about potions and food. Unless your team starts losing, don't waste your money on extremes or overloads. You might as well go ahead and bring a combat familiar.
-
Is Runescape getting too easy?
No such thing as "too easy". Less grinding=more fun in my opinion.
-
Andrew sells Jagex.
Oh. Old news.
-
Refer a Friend Programme - 18 Aug 2011
I have a theory of my own, but it may be a little far fetched. more members=more money But I doubt it. Bly's theory sounds much more plausible.