Everything posted by Arceus
- Count Down from 30k
-
Why can't F2P have...?
Or maybe, we could have an actual F2P population again! :rolleyes: It's not doing Jagex too many favors when people log on for two hours, try to earn money for a bond, get bored of promotions shoved down their throat, and log back off.
-
Make biscuits tradable.
RS Wiki claims a limit of 200 directly from Treasure Trails at least, with exceptions if you gathered some from a previous holiday event.
-
can someone tell me where that trial announcer in Ardougne is taking me?
Do you mean the Botany Bay thing? It was a place where you could "watch" bots get "sentenced" for their crimes and vote on the choice of punishments for them. The last I heard, I thought it had been discontinued but one could still visit it by talking to the announcer...but apparently it's on again.
-
Do porters work at Grenwalls?
All I can find is that they do not work on herbs dropped by monsters, but do on herbs harvest from patches. I guess hunting is somewhere in the middle so it could go either way... In the event that it doesn't work, have you considered just Herbiciding them, at least the cheaper ones? This will get you some Herblore XP and ease the tedium of banking if you don't wish to do so.
- Today...
-
Why can't F2P have...?
I don't think they currently have the game mechanics to make monsters drop P2P items on F2P worlds (or they would be doing it, right?) but that is a good point :P.
-
Where the heck is my Veteran cape? (10 year)
You are absolutely correct - it was P2P-only despite Jagex leading us to believe that it would be available for all players. It was changed on 17th February 2014. However it never entailed X months of membership as compulsory. There is a 5 year cape as well, which you can also buy from Hans for 50,000 coins. Since you requested sources: 5 year cape 10 year cape
-
Count Up
110101000 = 424. Did I do it right?
- Count Down from 30k
-
Bank Tabs, Citadel Chat, and the JMod Toolbox
They definitely messed up the reward curve then. Or they really wanted to pander to people who just missed one or two pieces and still bought a ton of spins ._.
-
Where the heck is my Veteran cape? (10 year)
The only requirement to get the ten year cape is to have had the account for ten years, and you can buy it from Hans in Lumbridge Courtyard for 100K. Talk to him and choose the option about "Have you been around as long as I..." or something similar, I forget. You do not need to have had 10 years of continuous membership; in fact it is available for free players as well. :)
-
Bank Tabs, Citadel Chat, and the JMod Toolbox
Split among how many skills? It really drops off after a while cashing in for one skill :/.
-
Bank Tabs, Citadel Chat, and the JMod Toolbox
Do Pulse Cores vary greatly based on your total level? I haven't used any of mine and it says 620xp left on the active pulse core, while Wiki cites numbers well over 10K...most likely my total though.
- Count Down from 30k
-
Bank Tabs, Citadel Chat, and the JMod Toolbox
"I played 5,000 games of Castle Wars. I am not going back there for 50 more for some boots!" - some trim comped player, probably. But seriously, if it is as it sounds I will applaud that update, actually playing a minigame for worthwhile rewards instead of buying keys? Sounds great!
- Count Up
- Count Down from 30k
-
Count Up
420. So if shovel beats rock, what beats shovel?
-
Count Down from 30k
24,085. Hate to break it to you, Peter (?), but that's a dinosaur, not a parakeet! And I'm pretty sure they don't fly!
-
Bank Tabs, Citadel Chat, and the JMod Toolbox
Hmm a mimic could be nice but getting that much bonus xp on another account...no thanks really.
-
Bank Tabs, Citadel Chat, and the JMod Toolbox
She was only trying to help by making it more readable for future readers. Maybe it wasn't the best choice of wording but I assure you there was no bad intent :).
-
New Position: Junior Crewbie!
You can submit a correction through the relevant link on the page itself on our website, for example for items: There's a similar link for the bestiary for each individual monster on its page. :) For something more involved, making a forum thread is probably better.
-
Polls General Discussion
I wouldn't feel too upset if I were you. First of all Jagex almost set it up to fail, describing it as the "Armadyl Homeworld" quest in comparison to "Oh look here's more prayers and spells!" Players, and particularly ones enticed for the instant gratification system that is Power to the Players polls, are more likely to jump for the latter. It's especially so if they haven't actually read a description of the full idea. You just can't boil down a whole lore setup into two sentences and accurately convey that interpretation to players, especially to ones who would rather space bar through their quests most of the time anyway. They could have at least promise something like "a rare new resource/source of resources" over "additional explorable areas." The other sort of farce is viewing/changing votes in said polls. Before you can vote (at least on F2P, not sure about P2P) they show you the current vote totals and percentages right in front of you. Is the point of voting to exert pressure on the options that are already winning, or to gather an opinion of what the players want? Regardless, after you vote you can change your vote, and this time we saw some consequences. People abandoned RoP as "unwinnable" and dumped their votes into Agility skill reworks which made a break for it, falling about 300 votes short of top place at its peak. Maybe votes should be made blind and irreversible once entered, or allowed to be changed but keep everything in a black box until voting is concluded, and then present the results. The latter option would allow people the benefit of discussion with the community and to select/change their decision over a period of time. Of course, the cost is the instant gratification of seeing a current poll total with your vote entered, but maybe that's not a bad thing. After all in most "elections" you don't see a running tally of who is winning while people are lined up to vote, for a mix of practicality and other issues. It's not a reflection on RoP as bad content, and in fact I think it's a quite brilliant idea, but more of a highlight as to some of the issues with the Power to the Players system and why perhaps players may not know best. So I really wouldn't feel too bad about it. And while I won't give you false hope as I know they don't have another RuneLabs idea of sufficient size planned for this year, I definitely hope Jagex does give this idea a chance sooner rather than later.
- Count Down from 30k