Welcome back to RS! I will do my best to answer your questions :). There are indeed in-game items now, called bonds, which can be exchanged for membership, among other things. They've generally been met with a positive reception and many players have managed to self-sustain themselves using them to pay for membership, without need to spend real cash on a subscription. If you can buy one without sacrificing a large portion of your bank, then I would say go ahead. If not, pay the $9.50 or whatever it is for a one month subscription to help you get started and maybe see how much interest you have in the game now rather than trying to stay afloat in terms of money right away. As for the price, I'm not sure exactly, but RuneScape membership prices very recently increased, including the prices for bonds, so my mercher's instinct tells me they are probably increasing in price right now. Probably something like 7.5M would do the trick. Summing up the highlights of the last few years is of course no easy task, but there have been several new quests, new bosses (like Vorago and Araxxor), the Divination skill, Player-owned Ports which was subsequently added onto as well, some new distractions and diversions, and more. RS Wikia has links to all the update news pages on this page; that might be a good thing to read and see if anything piques your interest. Of course there's also the matter of learning EoC combat mechanics, which are generally worthwhile as well. Slayer can be good money, particularly when you have a higher level. If you want to farm one specific monster, Rorarius requires 81 Slayer (which you have) and I believe is still good money. Herb runs and Manage Thy Kingdom (MTK) can still generate a decent profit. The real money is in PvM/high level bossing though, so that may be something you want to get into as you get back into the game. What to focus on first as a member? Probably training up skills and completing quests to start unlocking content. If he's in a clan with a high tier citadel, that can be extraordinarily good for getting a start in some skills, like Summoning and Crafting, even Smithing. Other than that just general Slayer to train up combat and whatever he finds enjoyable should be good. Don't worry, I won't judge you for playing on Legacy mode :P. It can be quite helpful to get your feet again for the time being. Keep in mind though, that you are missing out on a few things which can be extremely useful for skilling. For example, if you want to drop an inventory of fish or ore to continue powertraining, in EoC mode you can just assign them to a keybind and hold it down for a couple seconds to do so. In Legacy, no such luck - you need to right click and drop one by one. If EoC is overwhelming you in terms of complexity of combat, I highly recommend you check out Revolution. It's sort of a mode in between Legacy and EoC combat, but with the customizable EoC interfaces. You essentially set up a bunch of basic skills and the automated system fires them off for you in the order that you prescribe. In many situations you will find EoC makes killing things easier and more efficient, so you should consider switching over and investing the time in it to become proficient eventually in any case. Swiftkit still works, yeah. Secure your account with Authenticator before/if you store your password in SwiftKit, though. You wouldn't want to get into trouble or lose your account if it somehow gets hacked again. The official RS client is what I personally use. Of course it doesn't have all the features that Swiftkit has, but I can get my information from other sources when I need it. Player-owned Ports are great to get into. You need 90 in at least one of the skills mentioned therein (on the Wikia article I linked). I see that you have 95+ Herblore, but I'm not sure about your other stats since you didn't explicitly mention it. It will take a while to get started but it can help you get tier 85 (degradable) armor from it or make a profit, either way. Armadyl is the best non-degradable armor in Ranged still and is sufficient for most purposes, i.e. general purpose Slayer. If you need more power there is Pernix armor available, but be aware that it has non-negligible repair costs, which must be paid every 10 hours of combat. There is even higher tier armor that degrades to dust, but that's level 90 and another story. You don't really need to consider higher level stuff too much unless you're going high level bossing. In terms of a weapon the only real way to improve it is to get more money, lots of it, and buy a better one. There is the Noxious longbow as a 2h weapon, or dual ascension crossbows if you prefer that. There are also new tier 85 weapons released not too long ago, but the price is still high from hype and it may not be worth it for the time being. Chaotic is not bad though.I hope that was helpful, and sorry if I missed anything :P.