Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arceus

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Arceus

  1. Ah okay, so worst case scenario for this type of thing is you got professionally trolled. :XD:
  2. Hey there, and welcome to TIF :). I cleaned up some of the background tags in your post. As noted they were making it quite difficult to read on some of the themes here. It most likely happened when you were writing it in another program and copy and pasted, which brought along the background color unintentionally. If you want to liven it up a little, you could add in some pictures as well. I like how you linked to RS Wikia for relevant things so someone curious to know more can easily click to find out :P.
  3. Umm, and Surverymonkey is handling your RuneScape login credentials? Or it just generates a unique link to everyone they sent the survey to?
  4. 24,483.
  5. I got it and there was no way to check if it was a scam (to get details about my account to hack it) or legit, except for believing the e-mail address was real, which can be changed to anything a user wants you to believe it is. Guess I know it is legit now so I can participate in it. If you are uncertain that a link is legit, right click the link, select 'Copy link address' and paste it into Notepad so you can examine its destination. It should always be something like 'secure(dot)runescape(dot)com' or something.runescape.com. Watch out for tricks like 'secure(dot)runescape(dot)thisisaphishingsite.com' though. You can also always paste the URL into a scan on VirusTotal or similar site to have it scan it for you. If it's the real site it should show a positive rating, and if not it will probably flag a couple scanners. This way you can make sure to stay safe :).
  6. If you are having trouble getting your feet back you can turn on Legacy mode at least for the time being. It uses the older style of combat along with the interface, so it may be more familiar to you. It's under Escape->Gameplay Settings->Check the box 'Legacy Mode' as pictured below.
  7. Welcome (back) to TIF! It's too bad the Events team is not around anymore, but there are still great people here around the forums. If you need anything or any help feel free to PM me in-game and ask :).
  8. You would have to check, but I would not be surprised if this was indeed the case :S.
  9. 24,485.
  10. Personally I do it mainly through flipping stuff. It can be tough and sometimes things don't always go the right way, but with enough persistence it eventually adds up to something substantial and pays off as you get better. I'm just curious about one thing though: was this meant as a discussion or were you asking for tips to make money? If the latter, you might want to give us some info on your stats so we could give you some more specific advice. :) Also, welcome to TIF!
  11. My eyes! Bloom has a...strong effect :v.
  12. The following video expresses my thoughts in a nutshell on the matter. Seriously Jagex, what the hell? And where can I take this survey to add my 1 vote?
  13. 24,487.
  14. Arceus replied to Faymous's topic in Quests
    Thank you for pointing those out, will get it taken care of! :)
  15. The idea of the emergency teleport is to get you out of there fast though, then you can worry about getting back. You could have both in your inventory if you wanted, or a teletab to a different city that is closer. It's up to you though.
  16. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    And the snow is coming down here :P. I wonder how much we'll end up getting...
  17. An amulet of glory is not ideal because you have to do multiple clicks to get through the teleport (either right click or go through a menu). It is preferable to take something like a Falador teleport tablet which is cheap, stackable, and one-clickable. Alternatively, if you have completed the Ghosts Ahoy quest, you can take the Ectophial teleport which is free and refills itself whenever you use it upon arriving at its destination in the Ectofunctus.
  18. Haha that looks like fun, good job turning the tables man :P.
  19. For what it's worth I think you did a nice job on the banners at any rate! :)
  20. I think Jagex takes more the approach to identify a bunch of them in that way, yes, and then ban a whole slew of them in one shot and code BotWatch to beat them on sight next time. There are always new scripts that these people are inventing though, so keep in mind that it can be difficult for Jagex to keep up. It's always an ongoing struggle. There was an infamous case with a botting site by the name of RSBuddy, which entailed a legal suit which Jagex won in 2012 for an undisclosed amount of money, an agreement that the site would shut down all its scripts and such, and maybe some other things, I'm not sure. I am sorry to hear that it is impossible to beat the bots. Have you tried a foreign server though? Otherwise I'm not sure what else to do. Of course, do not use an autoclicker - those are against the rules and will most likely get you banned. Maybe a bunch of people would help more, but you might be better off asking your friends in-game to help with bot-busting. I know Jagex used to do such events on Old School but they were running into problems and falsely banning people in their enthusiasm. I don't think they did much in similar a vein on RS3.
  21. Hello, and welcome to TIF! You are indeed most likely correct that there are bots running Wine of Zamorak, and those names you listed may well be bots. The format of the names is in fact from the names Jagex suggests by default when you create an account. However, "naming and shaming" bots isn't going to do a terrible lot to help, unfortunately. Unless a slew of people came and reported them, it is unlikely that much action would be taken against they until Jagex found them or accumulated sufficient evidence. It is great that you took the initiative to hunt them down and report them, but that's really all you can do. If you want to telegrab Wine of Zamoraks for yourself, there are a couple things you can try. If you cannot manage to beat the reflexes of the bots, you can go to a foreign world and see if there are fewer of them there. You can also wait until a system update and spend some time telegrabbing after that, as it usually takes a few hours for these unscrupulous people to get their bot scripts up and running again.
  22. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    So more snow is coming...I wonder if school will get cancelled Monday. I guess after having a couple snow days before already this semester I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but having some extra time always helps.
  23. I bought groceries today and it was exactly $20.00. Yay! On a sad note though, I had already swiped my card so I missed out on my chance to pay exact change in cash without any pennies back for once. Oh well :P.
  24. Hmm, I didn't know that poll was broadcast on a livestream. It just sort of seems like Jagex flips between projecting this image of a democracy ("all" members get a vote in Power to the Players) and then says "Oh never mind, let's just see what the fans on Twitch say" the next. Maybe it works better for hammering out the details but I don't know, it just seems kind of weird :P.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.