Everything posted by Intriguing
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
In this thread, you're actually meant to recommend an artist to the poster above you, and then give information so that the poster below you can give you an educated recommendation. It's a difficult concept to grasp, I know.. but at least you got it half right! Anyway, you should listen to (There are two links in there). They're sort of Experimental Post-Rock. [Last.FM]
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
8/10
-
A Milli...Runescape Parody I did
Possibly not the greatest thing ever created.
-
Album That Got You Into Your Favorite Band
Band: Between the Buried and Me Album: Alaska Still Favourite: Nah, Colors is better.
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
2/10
-
Ever taken the spotlight?
I'm no good at drama, so I haven't gotten the chance to do any drama performances, but I'm going to assume you're talking about any of the performing arts. I play violin, and get the opportunity to play in front of people all the time. Like, last weekened I played in a trio (violin, clarinet, and piano) with my music teacher and accompanist in front of 800 people, which is a lot for the city I live in. It was a concert for this visiting men's choir, but they needed some people to perform in between a few of their songs, so we did that. The best experience I've had was about a month ago. Late last year, I won a violin competition in a nearby city, and one of the prizes was the opporunity to play something of my choice with the backing of the orchestra. For some reason I chose Summer by Vivaldi (Even though I don't like Vivaldi). But yeah, I got to perform in two concerts as one of two soloists, with the backing of a reasonable-standard orchestra. That was great fun. Good experience for my HSC as well. :)
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
. (Can't be bothered with a description.)
-
Most over-rated band ever?
There are SO many artists that were/are so much more influential than them. Nirvana were the best Grunge band out there, but to be honest, any influence they have on the music world to day is quite small. I'm finding it difficult to think of many good bands that actually took significant inspiration from them.
-
Anime, It's Not That Good
Yu-Gi-Oh! !!! (Brilliant contribution to the thread, I know.)
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
7/10
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
5/10
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Tool - Ænima (Album) Freaking awesome.
-
Leeds/Reading Festival 2008
Some pretty good bands up there. Justice, the Music, Dizzee Rascal, and Rage would all be great. You'll have an awesome time there. Just out of interest, how much do tickets costs to this?
-
The Worst...(UPDATED...The worst? Mummy 3 or Indy 4)
Really? I thought it was good. Not as good as the 3rd, 5th, or 6th, but still pretty good.
-
Rage Against the Machine U.S. Show
[/hide] Am I the only person that really sympathises with the police far more than the audience? But yeah. I don't think I'll be going to the conert. You know, the whole living in Australia thing.
-
Very Cliche Topic About Music
You could possibly change the title so people who click the topic actually know what they're going into. For me, it's Colors by Between the Buried and Me. Other ones that are high up there would be The Eraser by Thom Yorke, Internal Travels by Gravenhurst, and Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? by of Montreal.
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
I don't really know your music tastes aside from the post above, so I'll just recommend you the greatest band on earth. . They're sort of Progressive Metalcore, if that's even a genre. A good album to start with would be their 2007 release, Colors. It's an absolutely fantastic album. [Last.FM]
-
I want to start learning bass
I only started playing bass about a year ago, but I've been playing guitar for longer than that. I think a great starter bass is the Squier P-Bass. Great value for money. You could easily pick one up for $200-$300. I'd also recommend getting it in a package with an amp so you can get it all a bit cheaper. You really don't need to start thinking about genre-specific instruments until you're a bit more advanced, so don't worry about buying a "metal" bass just yet.
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
4/10 And haha.. I'm just imagining a bank teller saying to a customer, "...and if you could just put your siggy there.." :
-
What would be the best band?
That could actually sound quite interesting. :o I play trombone, but I'm more into classical style playing and technique. (With string players like Paganini, Hindemith, Menuhin, Julian Lloyd-Webber and Jacquelin du Pre in mind. I love the technique that string players employ and try to imitate it on the trombone.) Oh nice! I don't play trombone or anything, I play violin. I'm finding it hard to imagine someone playing a trombone to sound like a string instrument though..
-
Flight of the Conchords
What is with people and bumping really old threads recently? Already made my comment on them a few months ago, but since them I saw a movie with Jemaine in it--Eagle vs Shark. Has a pretty poor IMDB rating, but it's quickly become one of my favourite movies. :)
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Earlier: Elffor - Into the Dark Forest (Album) Ahh, I love it! Now: The Used - In Love and Death (Album) Haven't actually listened to this album in its entirety yet.. We'll see.. EDIT: Ok.. that got boring very, very quickly. Now: Rotting Christ - Sanctus Diavolos (Album)
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
@ SilverSword: That would be the 3rd time I've been recommended that artist. I'll definitely check them out when I get a chance this time. :) And as for Klankaos.. I only know you like Progressive Rock/Metal, so I may as well recommend my favourite band-- . They might be a little bit heavy for your tastes, I'm really not sure. If you decide to check them out, I'd strongly recommend listening to the entirety of their 2007 release, Colors. [Last.FM]
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
7/10
-
What would be the best band?
Me: Bass Trombone We'd (I'd) play free jazz, of course.