Everything posted by Intriguing
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
0/10 Never seen you, sorry.
-
What do you think will end the human race?
We already have numerous alternatives to it.. they're just not as cost-efficient and/or have negative byproducts.
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
5/10 Sig and name are familiar..
-
Quick question about some bands
Actually Peter H. Gilmore is the High Priest of the Church of Satan at the moment. And I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark and say that you have no idea what Satanism actually is.
-
I Need A Guitar
I'm working under the assumption that you haven't learned guitar before. I think for a beginner's guitar, a Squier strat is definitely the way to go. If you already have an amp, you can pretty easily pick one up from $200-$400. If you don't have an amp, you can buy the amp and the guitar in a package. You could spend a bit more money and pick up something even better, but to be honest, you don't need anything better than that for your first guitar. As for where to actually buy it, just go to your nearest music store. If you really live out in the middle of nowhere, you could order it over the internet, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's always better to try your instruments out before you buy them.
-
Dreams
I find it funny and sad that that sort of warning is actually necessary for a thread in this forum.. I used to have lucid dreams every now and then, but I haven't for a while. I really don't like my dreams. They're always so.. ridiculously abstract.. to the extent that there's no way I could ever retell one of my dreams to someone else. I don't know. My dreams just frustrate me.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs (Album) Awesomeness in piano rock form.
-
What do you think will end the human race?
Fair enough. I apologize for misintepreting what you wrote. A thing to note is that in terms of astronomical distances, a 10 year trip is a fairly conservative figure. Based on Special Relativity, it's not possible for us to travel at or above the speed of light. Even if we somehow develop the technology to travel at 0.999c, it would still take much more than 10 years to get to a suitable location (as an example, the nearest star to our solar system is 4.37 light years away). Problem with that being the huge amounts of space taken up by supplies needed to keep the crew alive. Thank you. :) But from what I gather, it's possible that Europa could sustain life, and even be sustaining life right now, but there's not much potential for human life. You've pretty much said all that already though.
-
What do you think will end the human race?
I'm not saying you're lying, but would it be possible for you to list some sources for that? I'd be interested to hear more about it.
-
What do you think will end the human race?
You're actually trying to tell me the world will end with angels swooping down, destroying everything, followed by a dragon? :| I go to a Catholic school, even they suggest that Revelations shouldn't be taken seriously, let alone many parts of the bible that don't involve Jesus... Uh, I think the Human Race will fall under medical terrorism. Trauma Center, anyone? Let's not go religion-bashing now. I'm under the impression that a lot of Christians (at least the ones I'm friends with) take Revelations as figurative rather than literal, but still expect that the rapture will occur. Along with that, I've never heard any Christian say that other books of the Bible should be ignored, or taken as fiction.
-
What do you think will end the human race?
Well, you'd think that if the change in the heat given out and/or size of the Sun was significant enough to effect the sustainability of life on Earth, it would also have some effect on Mars.. The problem with that being that we haven't actually found a planet capable of sustaining life (as we know it) yet. And the big problem of the impossible distances of the universe. Everything just seems to be way too far away. Even if we managed to travel at speed of light. I think that's what he was talking about with technology, but you're right. If we haven't found a suitable planet yet (god knows we have enough people looking for one), then it must be a fair way away. The further away it is, the more supplies (food, water, fuel) we need to actually get there.. at a certain point it gets a bit too much. And I don't think the expansion of the universe is helping much.
-
When I listen to music I shake
I do that too! And the title of this thread has to be the most random thing I've read all week. Hehe. It also acts as a good substitute music player when I'm walking around somewhere without my Zen.
-
What do you think will end the human race?
The problem with that being that we haven't actually found a planet capable of sustaining life (as we know it) yet.
-
Real life pictures - 3
Why are you holding your nipples?Just got purpled? Nah jk I've taken pictures holding my crotch and...erm other people's crotches =D Nah bro. I was just mourning over the fact that I don't have breasts.. Or.. trying to make the photographer cringe. Take your pick. :lol:
-
Most over-rated band ever?
My impression is that the two main reasons the Beatles got popular in the first placer were firstly the fact that they had very catchy songs with wonderful melodies backed by good musicianship. And secondly that they were doing something new and different. Not only in terms of their music, but also in terms of their look. Of course, so many bands afterwards copied them, so when we listen to them now, having already heard the bands that were inspired by them, they don't appear as original and out-there as they did when they were first around. That said, I wasn't around when they first came out, so this is all just speculation.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Earlier: Joanna Newsom - The Milk-Eyed Mender (Album) Now: Jonna Newsom - Ys (Album) Weird. But cool.
-
When I listen to music I shake
That's sort of odd. I compulsively tap my foot, tap my hand, or grind my teeth (To imitate drums.) when I listen to music with a strong beat. I think pretty well everyone does that. However, it's a tad different if it happens without you thinking, and you can't stop without feeling uncomfortable. Just a thought.. is there any chance it could have something to do with OCD, or have something to do with you being in such a habit of doing it that it feels unnatural not to? That's more or less me thinking out loud though.
-
What do you think will end the human race?
I have no idea. The human race isn't exactly on the downfall at the moment, so it's kind of hard to make a prediction about what's going to kill us. I don't think it will have anything to do with global warming, or us polluting our planet, as we'd probably evolve and adapt if we changed our living environment significantly enough. My best bet would probably be the sun turning into a Red Giant.
-
last.fm Tip.It usergroup - official topic
I actually really really like it.. Oh my god. May I ask why? :shock: Main thing is charts and things load a lot faster for me now. I also like the whole "Library" feature. Like, it shows you how many times you've played each track that you've ever played, whereas it used to just show your top 500. Similarly with artists. I know that can all be accessed by whatever meadia player you use, but it's just convenient. Also, I just think the new setup as a whole is a lot more user-friendly.
-
Real life pictures - 3
If you could replace the two pictures of me in the index with these ones, it would be much appreciated. :) [hide=][/hide] [hide=][/hide]
-
How do you get your music?
Soulseek mostly. I also use LimeWire, but very rarely.
-
last.fm Tip.It usergroup - official topic
I actually really really like it..
-
MMA THREAD!!
You should be banned from making threads.. But no, I'm not into it. I've never really gotten why so many people watch wrestling (or Mixed Martial Arts.. whatever). It's never appealed to me.
-
flash game and discussion
Well, I finally destroyed the world (Realistic mode). I decided to take it really slow, and took almost a year to kill everyone. Because of that, I only got like 42,000 points, but still.. I just noticed a huge downside to infecting everyone, and then making your disease lethal--by the time you change the symptoms so that it kills people, there's a chance that your disease will be labelled as "Harmless". At that stage, you have to add a lot more symptoms than usual to actually kill people.
-
favirit songs lyrics
Song: The Man Land Artist: Between the Buried and Me Album: The Silent Circus (Bonus Track) [hide=Lyrics](Cause I ain't no goddamn woman!) Yeah! This next song goes out to all you men out there! Not you goddamn women!!! I'm a man!! You're a man!! We're a man!! It's a man land!! I got my pickup truck, and my toolbox out (goddamn yeah!) I ain't no goddamn woman, I'll spit in your mother-f***ing land! I'm a man!! You're a man!! We're a man!! It's a man land!! Yeah!!! What are ya jason? A man He's a goddamn man, not a goddamn woman!!!! Yeah Yeah F*** yeah!!!! I'm a man!! You're a man!! We're a man!! It's a man land!! Yeah F*** Yes I ain't no little dag gone boy[/hide] It's even awesomer when you actually listen to it. :)