Dreams

The Observer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many types of dreams. Precognitive, lucid, etc. What kind of dreams do you have? Feel free to summarize it.

Please don't post about "wet" dreams.

Oh so close! :P Well I don't lucid dream very often, but I'm getting better at distinguishing dreams from reality, and when I wake up from one thats too good to be true, I don't get my hopes up cause I realize it was a dream.

Please don't post about "wet" dreams.

I find it funny and sad that that sort of warning is actually necessary for a thread in this forum..

I used to have lucid dreams every now and then, but I haven't for a while. I really don't like my dreams. They're always so.. ridiculously abstract.. to the extent that there's no way I could ever retell one of my dreams to someone else. I don't know. My dreams just frustrate me.

Cool.

I don't really dream much or I probably do and don't remember them.

The only one I can remember was kinda like Benny's dream from the sandlot.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Lately I've been having some strange ones... It's happened twice in the last week, both times with aid of alcohol. What happens is I'll fall asleep in an unfamiliar place, like my friend's bed, or a couch, and dream that I wake up and everything is the same as when I went to bed. Only when I actually wake up do I realize that I was just dreaming. The worst part is that I feel like I'm not getting any sleep because I dream I'm awake in the same situation. It even goes so far as to drift in and out of fake sleep, where I get up for some water or to lock the door or something simple, then go back to bed, then get up again. I had to kick people out of the apartment once too. Then I really wake up, and my mind is blown...

peterstretchfn5.gif

I have lucid dreams quite often.

Since I took DMT, I had a dream that I was taking DMT in said dream, and it had the exact same effect. Maybe it has something to do with the theory that dreams are actually caused by DMT. That would make sense really.

Hey.

I dream about paranoia. My own. I'm usually in some run-down version of buildings I frequent, watching a terrible invasion come close to killing or catching me, but I always escape or it's a just-miss. Or some miraculous intervention by the world. And I always, somehow, know a lot about it, and tell people around me. But I tell them, and they fade away with my knowledge ingrained into my skull, burning.

[cabbage], I need to stop doing acid before bed.

:twss:

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My dreams are a salad of everything. One I'll try to explain is a type of dream I'll often have when I have a fever or something. It really is unable to be described. I'm instilled with this strange but very intense fear. The fear is much different than normal fear. The dream doesn't really have an actual setting, rather than kinda like the place I'm in is a tangible form of my cold fear. I find myself observing both time and distance between these 'objects of fear'. The more I realize the distance/time between myself and these, the more terrified and sad I become. It's more than fear, it's a cruel combination of fear, sorrow, and regret. Once I realize the distance and time between these mental objects, I get the most lonely feeling ever. I feel as though everything is lost, and my life has become hopeless. I often realize the distances between these things become shorter than they seem, and I become more depressed. Every second of this horrid mental state is like an hour of anguish.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

The only dream I really remember was one where I was running amok through an airport with a Halo fuel rod cannon and just blowing everything up. This was about 2 years ago.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Normally I don't dream at all. I just kind of go to sleep, and wake up.

When I do dream, it usually ends up bad for me (I die in a lot of my dreams, which is usually when I wake up)..That is, until recently. I've been having dreams that are based around hobbies/sports (riding quads, playing soccer), and they get more pleasant and detailed as the dream progresses.

About 3 days ago, I had my first lucid dream (or, the first I remember/know of). It really was an interesting experience. I knew I was dreaming because I still managed to do impossible things that I remembered reading about (like pinching your nose and not opening your mouth, but still breathing, and doing something that would have normally injured me badly and being fine), and recognizing some tells. It was quite an experience, that I got close to last night but I woke up.

The first dream I slipped in and out of though. Like, I would be in the lucid state, then drift into conciousness, where I felt my pillow and knew I was facing my window because of the light, but I still ran the dream through my mind, trying to continue events...Like I would lose something in a yard, and just lay there thinking of the plan, and eventually I drifted back into the dream state and enacted my plan...It was like I had a 3D program running in my mind, I had complete control, but I knew I was dreaming. Waiting for it to happen again.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Lucid, very, very lucid dreams.

I remember dreams a lot compared to others, I usually remember one or two a week. And they're all really [bleep]in' weird. I need Goddess to come interpret them, haha. :(

To much Anime watching imo for me. Last night i actully physically could feel myself holding onto Zangetsu (google it, Bleach) including the weight of it. and when i woke pu my body was overheating because i was running in the dream. kinda awkward considering its been happening very often. not that i care, give me chance to explore the non-existant world. :)

Popoto.~<3

When I wake up in the morning and go back to sleep multiple times for about only 5 minutes, I have dreams that I am awake and getting ready for the day. Then I wake back up and realize I am still in my bed.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I tend to have dreams a lot, most happen to be believable. As in, they involve people I know and places I know. I nearly always wake up in the middle of them though, so that tells me it was just a dream. However, if I'm sleeping in the dream, and I wake up in the dream as I wake up in real life, I can get a bit confused.

Though recently, as I read a lot more (Fantasy), I get a few of those too. I can easily distinguish those as dreams though.

And I can remember dreams for a day or two, but then I normally forget them.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

i havent dreamed lately probly because i go to bed way later than usual, but my dreams are almost all about stuff that makes no sense :shock:. except for sundays, when i dream about what im going to do on monday. the rest are just really hard to explain.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

i usually dont dream. i like it much better when i dont. its a deeper, more relaxing sleep. dreams sometimes cause anxiety and restlessness.

dreamless sleep indicates a much deeper sleep anyway, which is good.

offtopic a little: dont you hate it when you close your eyes, open them a second later and find that its been 8 hours?

I dream quite often, although I sincerely wish I could prevent myself from doing so.

On the rare occasion that I am able to rest uninhibited, I merely awaken after a few hours feeling as if I had just closed my eyes the minute before. However, and as is usually the case, I'll try to fall asleep while medicated and/or under stress. I normally try to avoid doing so, but, after a couple days of insomnia-induced hell, I get to the point where I honestly stop caring.

-----

When this happens, I'm forced to re-live one of four recurring nightmares--all four terrible enough, in my eyes, to make me physically ill afterwards--although I'm sure others would consider them to be irrational and childish.

The lucidity of the nightmares is what I find to be their most disturbing aspect--I literally awake, on occasion, paralyzed in my bed and still (seemingly) trapped in the particular nightmare. The distortion of reality is usually what affects me the most--I'll have "layers" within the dream where I believe myself to have awakened from it multiple times, only to become increasingly agitated as I continue to dream.

-----

It's difficult to explain, and I'm running out of words to describe the effects. :|

Essentially, I'll have little control whilst dreaming, and I'll often be unable to distinguish reality from the twisted/warped realities presented in my nightmares.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

for people who say they dont dont dream? we all dream, its just that some people can more easily remember there dreams then others, me i dont remember many of my dreams, maybe one every month if im lucky

legends2.jpg

i think the best dream i ever had was when i was a kid. i dreamed my brother and i were outside our house and found suddenly that the world around us was made of ice cream.

good times haha

for people who say they dont dont dream? we all dream, its just that some people can more easily remember there dreams then others, me i dont remember many of my dreams, maybe one every month if im lucky

not true. actually, when the person is very tired, he/she doesnt dream. its just like closing your eyes and not thinking of anything but you dont notice it until you wake up. in my case, when i dream, sometimes i cant remember what i dreamed about but i have the feeling that i dreamed about something.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Oh so close! :P Well I don't lucid dream very often, but I'm getting better at distinguishing dreams from reality, and when I wake up from one thats too good to be true, I don't get my hopes up cause I realize it was a dream.

Lol I'll still be worrying about what i'm going to do with the body or the money 15 seconds after i've officially woke up.

Yeah i get alot of crazy lucid dreams, although I can rarley remember them after a day.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I often have dreams where i'm doing something, (maybe i'm at home, maybe i'm at school, most recently i was at a fair) where i encounter someone else (sometimes i don't encounter anyone else), then some other force tries "defeating" me or both of us, and i have to escape and defeat the enemy force

oftentimes i do escape and defeat the opposing force, so that's a good thing, right?

shepard12.png

Sometimes the last thing I dream of before waking up is going to sleep,so I wake up wondering why my girlfriend left me or did something else to me,call her and get a short nag on trust,that she didn't do anything to me :wall:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Last night I was dreaming about me and my class having a 40 man (and girl) battle royal fight in the whole school. I was basically avoiding everyone while they attacked each other. Just as I was about to strike... I woke up -.-

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!