Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fastortoise

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fastortoise

  1. Go to the gym, try EVERY machine on low weight, let your tendons get used to them and then decide which machine you'll use in your routine. Always start off with 10-20 minutes of cardio to get your body loose and your heart rate up.
  2. fastortoise replied to tintin113's topic in Off-Topic
    The back corner isn't actually the best serve, the best serve is to get it to scrape along the side wall about a metre or two before the back wall, so that the shot you mentioned can't be played. But yes that is a very good shot to do to take out dodgy servers, however if they get to the T as quickly as they should it won't be too hard to return. Winning off the return assumes that the person you are playing against has made a mistake so can't really be relyed on to win games. But yes it's definitely one of those sports where a decent player will struggle to lose a point against anyone who's rarely played :twisted: You're absolutely right - but nobody in my class even tries to do "along the sidewall" serves :). I played the only player better than me the other day - we had a 5 full minute rally. Since we decided not to play with lets it got really intense and dangerous, we even started bleeding at our knees. He did a crazy "through the legs" shot into the nick to finish the long rally, I felt so tired and defeated yet happy when I saw the ball die.
  3. fastortoise replied to tintin113's topic in Off-Topic
    Squash is a great sport, sadly the only time I can play it is during phys ed, since Canada only has a million ice hockey rinks and no squash courts :P One technique I learned last week was if the server is putting the ball in the back corner (the ideal serve) all you gotta do is advance to your line and volley the ball out of the air into his front corner. It's a really hard shot but if you can nail that corner, its almost automatically your point. Forces the server to do another serve, and if he's only good at that one serve, it's pretty much you're game, too. Best part of squash is winning 15-0 and not letting the other guy serve. The pain in their eyes as we shake hands... wonderful.
  4. fastortoise replied to dragon246665's topic in Off-Topic
    normally my hands cramp before my arms get tired, so i only like doing pullups AFTER a workout, when i can only do 5-10. I prefer doing those drooping things, like a backwards pullup, I have no idea what it's called but i get a better work out from it.
  5. Mainly the social benefits. I go to the gym with a few friends, and now I have a whole new set of friends that I've met all while at the gym (there's an indoor pool and we befriend the hot lifeguards). Hot lifeguards is really all needed to be mentioned here. Well, I just like being fit... going to the gym for me is a natural response after sitting in a chair for too long whether it was at school or at home.
  6. Montreal's bus/metro/train lines go on strike every year and we don't whine about it to our interfriends (I do, but most don't). The solution: Carpoooool, and always pay for gas even though they don't want you to.
  7. I went "AAAHHHHH!!!" when I saw the diagrams. Freaks.
  8. by 9 o'clock i decided my friend's party was lame, so I flopped down on a sofa with my friends and started drinking like it was my job at 11 o'clock a group of young hot girls show up in togas and start partying with the couchers by 11:15 we were playing the most ridiculous and challenging drinking games, I was already wasted by this time 11:30 the drinking games quickly become making out games I don't do much else after this because I was way too drunk and never trusted myself at this stage, hot girls or not 5:00 AM woke up and walked home with my friend... I thought I had dropped the ball by drinking too much until we realized - between us we have 5 phone numbers :thumbsup:
  9. she's from my city :thumbsup: . She even wore a habs jersey during a photoshoot (...only a habs jersey :shock: )
  10. This sounds good for anyone trying to get a 6 pack (or you can sharpie one in, it's the same effect). 20 more LBS and I can bench my own weight :thumbsup:
  11. :thumbup: fastortoise likes this
  12. Sure for stuff like parametrics. But for geometric progressions ? To find out how many moles of Hydrogen will be released when glucose forms cellulose ? Why, does your brain stop working when you try multiplying two numbers with a couple of more zeros together? Doesn't that say something about your education? Every glycosidic bond "excretes" a water molecule, so twice the amount of hydrogen moles are released than cellulose molecules. There's nothing you can't do without a calculator, and if there is, you're supposed to have learned it. And Riku, yes, calculators are banned from advanced math classes. Calculus 1, 2, 3 (3 is university level) and linear algebra all have bans on calculators.
  13. fastortoise replied to Skull's topic in Off-Topic
    Everything is like that. And we have all the information we need on the Internet, but nobody wants to get off their [wagon] and do something. I just made ribs that I marinaded with a garlic sauce I also made, all I did was do what the recipe told me to do and they came out perfect. Everything is in layman terms, so nobody has an excuse not to be an amazing chef nowadays.
  14. I strongly disagree. While they shouldn't be used for anything that doesn't require one, calculators do allow advanced mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc. Computers on the other hand make writing a hell of a lot easier. It's not like people lose the ability to write things out by hand though, but most are just faster on computers. Actually, calculators are banned from all advanced math classes if that hints at anything (I think it does). Calculators are only needed for businesses, where employees have to churn out data they already know how to process. It just makes things go faster, it doesn't promote learning at all. You can't teach a kid how to find a square root if the kid knows the calculator will just do it for him. Do any of you know how to find a square root without using a [bleep]ing calculator? Most of you think it's impossible, and this is the freaking 21st century.
  15. I was a left winger up until mid-high school, when everyone got big and I stayed small. Now I just play in parks outside during winter, rarely at my local arena since I hate the people that play there. My wrists shots have always been feared, I can do this thing on the ice where I lay my stick down, pick it up high at the tip and bend it until I hear it cracking then use that force and my wrist to drive the puck wherever I need it to go. Stuff like this wouldn't go down in league games, which is why I only enjoy playing with friends. Also, Habs just lost 6-1 vs Pengs... :wall:
  16. Calculators and computers don't belong in schools, that is my strong belief.
  17. It is finally free, after all these ages!
  18. You wish you were warmer? That is correct. If I gave off more heat, I'd be better insulated during winter traveling and generally a happier guy
  19. fastortoise replied to Skull's topic in Off-Topic
    Poutine is french fries, doused in gravy, with this white cheese that's kind of chunky mixed into the gravy, it's amazing. TBH I don't like gravy much and the cheese... Just no. Lol. :P how DARE you That looks disgusting! If I could only beat you senseless.... I eat this stuff weekly [hide][/hide]
  20. 1. Working with people 2. Analyzing things (a lot escapes me... anti-Sherlock) 3. Warmer? i dunno
  21. fastortoise replied to Skull's topic in Off-Topic
    Poutine is french fries, doused in gravy, with this white cheese that's kind of chunky mixed into the gravy, it's amazing. TBH I don't like gravy much and the cheese... Just no. Lol. :P how DARE you
  22. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    You live in montreal don't you? and are you in cegep? I feel really light headed right now, no idea why. yeah, and i'm pretty sure we already went over this. drink some water
  23. fastortoise replied to AndyPandy's topic in Off-Topic
    Do you like it? I haven't gotten very far but it looks good. I really want to read his new book, which my dad won't let me read until he's done... and he has about 7 books to read before he gets around to it <_<
  24. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    It snowed today :( I want to get a pair a Clark's desert boots for this winter... the plan is to freeze my [wagon] off in style this year. I'm also at the top of the Ladder in my squash class, I wreck everybody if we play with a double yellow :thumbsup:
  25. fastortoise replied to AndyPandy's topic in Off-Topic
    I'm getting started on The God Delusion, jaerk reminded me I had it at the bottom of my "to read" pile

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.