Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fastortoise

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fastortoise

  1. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    My complementary course (enhancing computer knowledge) is awesome. My teacher is an old fart, but he's hilarious. He was telling us how he used to work with a radio-tube computer (one of the first created) and asked everyone if they know the best way to start it. I knew the answer, but waiting a little to see if he was the type to give out "bonus marks" for silly questions and sure enough, he offered an extra 2%. Which is when I yelled "HIT IT WITH A SHOE!" and we (only us) cracked up. After the boring lecture he asked us some questions. He said if nobody raised their hands he would spin around with his eyes closed and point to the victim. Obviously he landed on me, but I called "[cabbage] you peaked". So he just went to the guy sitting behind me : There aren't any pretty girls in that class, so I'm giving myself permission to nerd it up :geek:
  2. Many people who shoot up schools post an anonymous message on the Internet beforehand. Sick [bleep]. Heh. Cod4 irl epic rampage eh? Sounds cool. :twisted: I know you people are morons, but [bleep]. It's not cool. I could have been fatherless if my dad hadn't left Concordia when his colleague came in and shot and killed four of my dads close friends. Even though he wasn't directly affected, he became a changed man. I was going to post what I would do for my final 10 hours but now I'm just upset. I'd say I'd fornicate with the hottest girl I could find but let's be honest, none of us can go for 10 hours. Especially when it's hot i'm-about-to-die sex. I would probably find a busdriver and punch them in the face. Or handcuff them to a rail and eat the key, just so they can't enjoy their final hours. It's the end of the world. Who the [bleep] cares. I care because you are fantasizing about it. Maybe in a few years, your life will be so [cabbage]ty that you will think "Well, this is it for me!" and proceed in shooting up a bunch of innocent people. I dunno, I just think something is seriously wrong with people who, presented with a situation where there would be no consenquences, would go out and murder people.
  3. My hippie environmentalist professor keeps saying it's extremely important to save the "animal species". He basically classifies animals under a species, which is the most [developmentally delayed]ed thing I've heard this semester. The worst part is, nobody seems to notice his huge flaw in thinking. It's one of my only classes I take that isn't with other Science students, where everyone is pretty much braindead. "The animal species is very crucial to our ecosystem. If it is extinct there will be a major imbalance!". Then he turns to be a goes: "Right?" (he knows I'm a Biology student). I almost felt like getting up and leaving the classroom after he asked me if the animal species was going to be extinct for the fifth time.
  4. I always send an either blank or half typed message every five or ten texts. The worst part is I'm really slow at typing, so my friends send confused messages back even before I can send the 2nd part of the message. :wall: :wall:
  5. fastortoise replied to Huta's topic in Off-Topic
    Dude, your dream was freaking long. And tiring. I thought sleeping was supposed to be a relaxing thing. My dreams mostly consist of hot tubs and women, with the occasional symbolic scene which I always recognize and purposely ignore in my dream, in order to keep focusing on the women.
  6. Many people who shoot up schools post an anonymous message on the Internet beforehand. Sick [bleep]. Heh. Cod4 irl epic rampage eh? Sounds cool. :twisted: I know you people are morons, but [bleep]. It's not cool. I could have been fatherless if my dad hadn't left Concordia when his colleague came in and shot and killed four of my dads close friends. Even though he wasn't directly affected, he became a changed man. I was going to post what I would do for my final 10 hours but now I'm just upset. I'd say I'd fornicate with the hottest girl I could find but let's be honest, none of us can go for 10 hours. Especially when it's hot i'm-about-to-die sex. I would probably find a busdriver and punch them in the face. Or handcuff them to a rail and eat the key, just so they can't enjoy their final hours.
  7. Same as me :P It's pretty much the best phone you have purchase if you're not into that fancy GPS and internet gadgets.
  8. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    So many cute girls at college, I am always surprised everytime a fall semester starts. I already got the number of the girl that gives out Agendas And I'm in a 4 person team in my environment-thing class, my 3 teammates being extremely cute girls All 3 have boyfriends but just because there's a goalie doesn't mean I can't score. And the odds that atleast one will be single again before the end of the semester are high woooooooooooooo
  9. 'Cause the dude Lynch was really visiting to kill his friends. Little did he know they all got smashed and ended up shooting him first. And Lent, don't even joke about your fists dude. It's not funny man.
  10. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    it's a secret : it shares a lot of its letters with the game Monopoly though, if you really want to know where I study :lol: Just finished reading a paper on Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, the fungus that infects ants and controls their brains and stuff, it was cool.
  11. I think about how it would feel to synthetically create life. I imagine the newspaper headlines, with my humble interviews quoting me saying "Hey, I wasn't the first to create life, you know." I think of the religious nuts that would form a cult about me, treating me as a god. The controversy that would abolish of every religion. There's just something about knowing how life works that I want to understand. I want this era, the one which I live in, to be the era where biologists fully understand life. The era which, much like physics and math, biologists can finally set the rules and equations for life. I want to unravel the notion of life so much that it loses all it's mystery. I want to be the first to create a "life toolkit" which can be given to the masses, much like how Apple has an application making program, but instead let people engineer lifeforms. I can go on and on with this stuff :oops: Then artificially create 150 pokemon and manufacture pokeballs to distribute to my children and their friends so they can live dreams I missed out on because of lazy geneticists.
  12. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    You only start cutting yourself when the tiny stubbles on your face get stiff, when you actually have to start putting pressure into the blade. I never cut myself when my facial hair was "soft" so don't worry about it. I didn't even use shaving cream either. Today was my first day back at college. But I have Mondays off, so I've just been chillin on my couch reading papers all morning.
  13. fastortoise replied to RayOxide's topic in Off-Topic
    Season 4 ep 1 has been leaked all over the internet, downloading it now :thumbsup:
  14. Meh, advertising is all about deceit. Rule #1 about looking at ads is to take them with a grain of salt - we're such a connected society that we should all know this. So yeah, I'd cover all advertising as unethical. I passed by a Casino de Montreal ad today and it was a picture of a lady winning the jackpot at a slot machine. If they weren't deceitful, they wouldn't put something that happens only extremely rarely on their poster. McDonalds might as well hang a poster with a guy chocking on a BigMac : "Here's what happened once".
  15. fastortoise replied to Pinkbullet3's topic in Off-Topic
    My final semester at college is going to be a breeze. My earliest class starts at 10AM and I have Mondays off. I only have 5 classes, and one of them is "enhancing computer knowledge" which is pretty much a class on Word Perfect, which is a joke. I only have Linear Algebra to worry about, which is a relief since I usually have 3-4 classes that require lots of effort.
  16. What scientific field is that? bio->microbio->genetics EDIT: yes. gynecology.
  17. Chopped down my first tree Went skinny dipping with 3 girls Got into very good shape Found my ideal scientific field I'd like to study in
  18. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Today I recover from a brutal week. Long story short, I went camping with 2 friends and we drank 144 beers in 3 days. You can imagine the fun we had \ Now I feel like a zombie though
  19. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Just came back from grocery shopping with friends. 192 beers for a 3 day camping trip.. \ We couldn't stop grinning as we carried the cases out the store, it was great.
  20. Look, you don't look weak because you're crying. You look weak because you can't see even slightly into the future and understand that losing friends is part of life, and that you will meet a lot of new people and friends at high school. That's pretty ridiculous man. The only time I cried in the past 4 years was when my grandmother died, and it was because it was the first time in my life that I saw my dad choke up and cry. There's something about seeing my father cry that makes me want to bawl my eyes out.
  21. Then you'd have to link it to your bank account, which I personally would never do over the internet.
  22. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    ^^ I got 445 seconds on that game last night. My friends and I were drinking some delicious Miller Genuine Draft when my gamer friend challenged me to beat his highscore (192). I got the new highscore after only 4 tries :thumbsup: with about 7 beers in me, too. There's way too many black arrows and the bar the red ball balances on gets extremely tiny. Tonight, I do nothing \
  23. Ce que le gouvernement donne, il doit d'abord le prendre!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.