Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

issy2

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by issy2

  1. Um, old coins. I've got an English sterling pound with a cricket wicket on it, about 5 francs, and a couple of Polish zwenzigs (sp?!? Can't remember how to pronounce it anyway.)
  2. Good Things - I have found out more about myself as a person. I too have become more social. The state of my family has improved dramatically. Got an iPod. Started the saxophone and apparently I'm gifted! (Or so my teacher says) Quit the piano and ballet lessons Taken up French and Latin. (I've always wanted to learn another language) Taken up ballroom and latin (dancing) Getting good marks. Got my ears pierced. I went to north Wales and spent a fortnight there with a few of my previous classmates, it was heaven! I became 12! I'm looking forward to seeing Peter Pan (panto form) and a New years eve party on the 31st. Edit - I quit Runescape too. I have become a more active member of the forum, and the Author's guild. Finished my first proper, long story. Started my second proper, long story and planning in great detail. Developed a friendship which has been hanging on a thin thread for a long time, sorted things out with a friend. Bad Things - I have lost a good friend. I have argued with someone. I think I've become less confident around other people. I wish I hadn't had to move schools as I'm not reeeally enjoying it. I've been ill quite a bit. Overall... I can't say. My new school was definitely a disappointment socially, there's only 5 girls in my class. Disappointment and excitement...
  3. LIBRA. Balance. 8-)
  4. English A 1 1 Science C 2 3 Maths B 1 2 Latin A 1 1 French B 1 1 PE B 1 - Music A 1 2 History B 1 1 Geography B 1 3 Drama B 1 - RS A 1 1 ICT C 3 - I'm pretty sure those were all my marks though I can't remember all my subjects lol. (And the above is excluding Art and DT)
  5. We can live perfectly fine with animal sustenance. I have for about a year and I'm pretty healthy. I can't resist mentioning that you're wrong. The world has been populated with animals which kill each other for millions of years and we're completely fine. It is right. Morally right? :? Yes, it is. Otherwise we get overpopulation and diseases come into effect. How does that prove killing animals for food is right? :? Just thought I would throw this out there. Why do we have teeth that were meant to eat meat if it is "wrong" to eat meat? Because I'm pretty sure gorillas didn't drink milk and we needed some source of protein.
  6. I can't resist mentioning that you're wrong. The world has been populated with animals which kill each other for millions of years and we're completely fine. It is right. Morally right? :? Yes, it is. Otherwise we get overpopulation and diseases come into effect. How does that prove killing animals for food is right? :? Because they'd all die off and effect us humans and get lots of us sick if not. ie. the bird flue. In fact nowadays the vast majority of animals killed for our miserable satisfaction are bred to be killed. If no-one ate meat, no animals would be bred.
  7. We can live perfectly fine with animal sustenance. I have for about a year and I'm pretty healthy. I can't resist mentioning that you're wrong. The world has been populated with animals which kill each other for millions of years and we're completely fine. It is right. Morally right? :? Yes, it is. Otherwise we get overpopulation and diseases come into effect. How does that prove killing animals for food is right? :?
  8. I can't resist mentioning that you're wrong. The world has been populated with animals which kill each other for millions of years and we're completely fine. It is right. Morally right? :?
  9. ] WOOT! Then we'll all be happy.
  10. I can't resist mentioning that just because it's natural doesn't mean it's right. But I admit, a quick death and someone else getting pleasure out of it is better than a slow torture, then death. Still, I did used to catch crab with a tightly bound net with bait in the middle - they would grab onto the net and eat a bit of bait and then we'd put them in a bucket... without hurting them! Genius.
  11. In 10 million years give or take a few the Gorillas will all be human and will destroy the earth again
  12. Risk, wow, great game. Played once with my cousins and couldn't finish it, they were only staying for a week. :roll: I also like draughts, chess, monopoly, Scrabble, Boggle, Snatch, and Anagram. I love word games, probably because I'm good at them. :roll:
  13. issy2 replied to Faux's topic in Off-Topic
    Oh. You've met her? I think he's seen a pic... no I'm getting all you guys mixed up. As per usual... :roll: Someone has, anyway. Continuing this. Righto, great one. Believe it or not this is a rule of thumb or whatever you call em. There was once a boy who found a note in his playground at school. He showed it to his mates and said 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' They screamed and ran away. He went to the teacher and said 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' and the teacher said I'm sorry lad but I'm going to have to take you to the Headmaster. The boy showed the note to his headteacher and said 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' The master said 'I'm sorry lad but I'm going to have to expel you,' On his way home the boy met a policeman and asked him again what it meant, but the man said 'I'm sorry lad but I'm going to have to arrest you,' The boy shared a prison cell with a dangerous convict and dared to ask him 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' The convict beat him up and both were taken to the High Court of England, where the boy said to the judge 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' The judge said 'I'm sorry lad but I'm going to have to exile you!' On the plane to China the boy is sitting next to an old wise looking man and says 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' after showing him the note. The old wise looking man says 'No, lad, but I know someone who can!' So the boy goes to China with the old wise looking man and takes him up a street to this old multi storey authentic Chinese hut. The old wise looking man says 'Goodbye, lad, and good luck!' The boy thanks him and enters the hut and goes up the stairs. He sees a young Chinese man sitting there and asks 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' after showing him the note. The man nods his head happily and gestures to the boy. The boy comes closer and the Chinese man whispers something in his ear. The boy is absolutely delighted and skips down the stairs. He runs out on the street, absolutely elated, and then... *dramatic pause* gets hit by a car. The rule of thumb in this story is to look both ways before crossing the road. Hope you enjoyed it. :D
  14. The message isn't the only thing. I certainly agree that many poems don't need rhyme or rhythm, but in this case it just sounds unprofessional.
  15. Type: Um. Actually, a website logo, so like a sig but a bit taller and squarer, I suppose, but if you can't do that a sig is cool. Size: Roughly 600x200, not too sure. Kb is irrelevant. Render: That one on the right... And the second one, you could make a mirror image of it or whatever, if that's possible, so the book is facing the right... Text: THE AUTHOR'S GUILD Text-color: Black and gold, can you do it like the words themselves are half-black and half-gold? Sub-text: THE PLACE OF THE WRITER. Fonts: Um. Pirho Herakles or Times New Roman, whicever you think looks better. As long as it's readable. :) Border: Black and gold stripe. Thanks so much! Issy.
  16. Oops, wrong thread... :uhh:
  17. I love cricket, keep trying Flinty!
  18. I often dream about weird stuff that could never happen, like... I dunno, winning in the lottery in a game of monopoly or something weird like that. Me too! I find I can 'breathe' underwater, in space, underground, and glide and sometimes fly. I also dream quite alot of falling, not great heights like the top of a gorge or from space, but you know staircases that go in a square shape, and there's a drop in the middle and the staircase goes up say about 5 levels and about 40 feet off the ground, I often dream of falling from the top. I don't mind the falling, it's always the anticipation of the impact that scares me. I usually wake up with a jerk or something, really weird. Or there's this weird dream I have.. Well in real life I often walk my dog with my dad at about 11pm, and there's these holes in the field we go to which are about a foot deep and my dad's always telling me to avoid them because I'll break my ankle and whatnot. Anyway I dream I'm flying, touching the stars and then thinking the streetlights are comets and stuff, then I come suddenly to the ground and I start crying because the flying was so exhilarating or whatever, so I start running as fast as I can and fall in the hole, and it's super weird because I actually feel the shock when I wake up! How weird is that?! Like, my back jerks and I sit up really straight, fast. Craaaazy. :uhh:
  19. I really really don't like it. Its' got little flow, seems to have been thrown together with no regard for rhyme or rhythm, I didn't find it scary at all, and there's at least one mistake in there. Overall, as a poem, it just didn't work for me. Also alot of the later lines are very explicit.
  20. issy2 replied to Faux's topic in Off-Topic
    Righto, great one. Believe it or not this is a rule of thumb or whatever you call em. There was once a boy who found a note in his playground at school. He showed it to his mates and said 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' They screamed and ran away. He went to the teacher and said 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' and the teacher said I'm sorry lad but I'm going to have to take you to the Headmaster. The boy showed the note to his headteacher and said 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' The master said 'I'm sorry lad but I'm going to have to expel you,' On his way home the boy met a policeman and asked him again what it meant, but the man said 'I'm sorry lad but I'm going to have to arrest you,' The boy shared a prison cell with a dangerous convict and dared to ask him 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' The convict beat him up and both were taken to the High Court of England, where the boy said to the judge 'Hey, I don't know what this means. Can you explain?' The judge said (sorry guys gotta go will edit later)
  21. issy2 replied to Faux's topic in Off-Topic
    And a 'rule of thumb' is... :-w
  22. Weapons: Being realistic, squash racquet and ball and a bag of skittles. Defence: Bike Helmet and camouflage jacket which automatically blends in with whatever scenery I'm standing against. Hiding Place: Under my bed. :uhh: Technique: Eat skittle, whack with racquet like wet fish, aim ball, repeat. Theme Song: So here it is, merry Christmas, everybody's having fun/Look to the future now it's only just begu-u-u-n/ So here it is, merry Christmas, everybody's getting drunk/Grandma's got another can of alchoholic fu-u-u-nk!
  23. Ragen is a great fencer.
  24. We LOVE those things!!! They're friendly, cute, cuddly, special, something to cheer you up and they're not too expensive. Only, of course, deloria, we tend to prefer the fake ones... :( :D
  25. Type: Um. Actually, a website logo, so like a sig but a bit taller and squarer, I suppose, but if you can't do that a sig is cool. Size: Roughly 600x200, not too sure. Kb is irrelevant. Render: That one on the right... And the second one, you could make a mirror image of it or whatever, if that's possible, so the book is facing the right... Text: THE AUTHOR'S GUILD Text-color: Black and gold, can you do it like the words themselves are half-black and half-gold? Sub-text: THE PLACE OF THE WRITER. Fonts: Um. Pirho Herakles or Times New Roman, whicever you think looks better. As long as it's readable. :) Border: Black and gold stripe. Thanks so much! Issy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.