"Geez, My Luck Sucks", Stories

Harrington

126 run barrows dry streak, broke with torags helm, then had a 70+ dry streak broken by v skirt. stopped barrowing.

1 dragon drop, d skirt after killing 500+ steel and iron drags (used about 20k chaos)

2nd attempt at fire cape, got all the way to jad, doing fine, he spawned in the the one bad spot, and just my luck, he one hit me #-o

day i bought my green mask, bam, acc hacked and locked down

and just check my sig for my best clue ever...

i thin kyou get my drift

click here to see a kickin' clue reward!!!!!!sigri6.th.jpg

double ownage--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_oblEe9bQ4

ROFLMAO--->

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When ever I have a rare, the price of that rare doesn't change. I've had a red mask for a few months now and I think the price is a little lower than when I bought it:X

The exact same thing happened to me. I bought my red mask with a blue mask and cash adding up to 45m in value. Now they sell at around 36m.

Oh no. Now you can only buy 7 sets of verac.

OK lets start:

Took over 4k tokens to get an addy defender, 120 tokens to get 5 rune defenders after that (i know thats good luck, but after all the hard work.)

Took me an hour and 10mins to catch the 10 or so rats in rat catchers quest. (this was with a normal cat)

Best drop ever: rune full helm or rune scimmy

Best TT reward: rune platebody and some junk

Nothing good from barrows (havent done this much though)

i have some more, can't think of any ATM

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

well, if you count playing since before Members even came out, having a phat set and cracker, getting hacked, and never getting a drag drop, then my luck sucks, other than that, its great. :wall: :wall:

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

Was Kq'ing with partner, friend forgot to eat to full before entering lair. He got tele'd due to ring of life during first form. Since i was with partner i brought monks instead of sharks, try solo'ing kq with monks in 1 trip :(

red barred second form. Less than 10 hp for sure, i had to tele with 27 hp myself and no food.

Ran back and saw a team there and they asked me if i didn't finish that last kq, they put on the chain, thanked me, and tele'd

haven't been back to kq

That pretty much happened to me, but it was only a d2h :o

being lvl 3 with only 10hp i had just been at castle wars with friends i was walking to aderouge after being attacked i had a meer 3hp i didnt mind i thought id be fine well i was wrong wearing full mime,glory,obby cape,IRON BOOTS! and some other stuff the knome catapult comes hit me 4 bang im out!! i was like "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" yep thats just rotten luck

Ever had absolutely awful luck in RS? LOL, of course you have.

Care to share your story with the rest of us so that we don't feel so bad about our own terrible luck?

I once spent an entire month (about 80-90 hours), in the Smoke Pits killing nothing but Dust Devils in the hope of getting a dragon chain. After killing 16,500 of them (tracked via my hitpoint exp), a friend joined me to keep me company.

100 kills later he screams "dragon chain!" Yup, I gave up there and then.

Haaaahaaaa, you think thats bad luck?!

I killed 46,000 +- 1200 dusties nonstop. NO CHAIN

People were walking in right by me and getting 2 chains per trip, all of my friends came for a lvl up party and 3 of them got chains in the 20 mins they were there.

70% of my friends list has found phats lying on the ground from people drop trading.

I've killed over 1000 Kalphite Queens with no dragon chain.

Ive did over 1400 complete barrow runs before I got my first item (Karils coif)

I actually got deemed the unluckiest player in Runescape.

unluckymw1.png

So before you crying that ur luck sucks, look at mine.

Kb Battousai

Private Chat - ON

Since I went from combat lvl 91 to 119 while mostly 99% from dust devils with RoW, that is about 60k kills if i calculated right and no d chain -.- , i only got like 3 shield left halfs and 3 d spears from them, my theory is because i always teleport to restock and bank the items, and that getting a rare drop is based on how long you actually stay in the dungeon, people use bones to peaches to do that and they usually get a d chain within 5k or 10k kills, i even got 2 left halfs from only ranging about 500 dusties but that was very slow. But yea, all the total drops value probably averaged at way higher than a d chain, and the exp from them was worth it (since dusties have high hp, low defence, and low att + str, and theres a lot of them together, plus it's fast to get there if you home tele) it still would be nice to get that d chain bonus lol.

Kuja_Cocoa.png

Never got a drop better than a rune full helm. Ever. Barrows has yeilded nothing.

Have used over 6k tokens in the warriors guild. Still waiting for an Addy defender!

I always seem to lose out on the ore when a lower mining level goes for the same rock as me.

My Hellcat seems unable to kill the bleedin' King Rat despite me shoving food down it's gullet.

And for some reason, when I get killed skilling in the wilderness and lose a couple of k worth of items/whatever I was collecting (unicorn horns, etc) I get annoyed and stop playing for a while. Yet dying during RfD's Monkey section and losing greegees for the monkeys, M'speak tally and all the extra bits of my armour (all things that are either expensive or truely annoying to recover), I didn't care very much at all. Of course, I haven't attempted the quest since, but that's not the point...

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

No dragon drops.

No "rare" drops aka black masks.

No barrow drops (63 runs all dry).

Selling enough lobsters in my newb days as a member to realize santa price shot up 5-10M more than i had.

No luck in this game ftl.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

I can't complain. I have extremely good luck.

First barrows run:

Spear.

First time killing Cave Horrors?

Black Mask. A few kills later? Dragon Spear.

Everytime I go to Fire Giants?

At least 3 scimitars.

Except when it comes to clues.

I have done well over 50 lvl 3's.

Best thing ever? A rune plate I managed to sell for 1m to a scammer. (Long story.)

Yeah I was about to go rc on my lvl 3 skiller. I was running to air altar through draynor. My wife calls me into next room, so I thought I clicked log out, but I guess I didnt. I found out I died to a jail guard, lost 10k rune ess and 1.2m

2days ago I was ranging gargoyle in the evning wearing:

- guthix blessed hidess top and legs

- Robin

- Rangers

- 5k iron knives

- glory

- row

- barrow gloves

- 500 nats and fire battlestaff

- had also 2 g maul from drop

loss like 6mio

Then i fell asleep :)

when I woke up, i was in fally.... with rw glory and barrow gloves...

Dunno hat happened :)

Also another time i forgot to put mirror shield at basilisks (was wearing guthan + whip (forgot to put back in bank...)+ 10k iron knives+ archer ring+ robin + rangers + Balck hides and several other thingies

kept (if I remmeber well) guthan helm and torso and whip

Why the hell is this dam spear so expensive and not kept above other guthan thnigies...

loss: around 22mio........

Hehe I'll tell you one.

2 days ago.

From Friend IRL: Hey dude can i borrow ur fury ammy, i wanna do caves

To Friend IRL: Um sure dude only cus i know u IRL

From Firned IRL: thanks

*Friend IRL wishes to trade you*

Amulet of Fury | Absolutly Nothing!

Accept.

Friend IRL: thanks

Friend IRL has logged out.

+1 with a green mask though <.< he then claimed to have been hacked at the time =;

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

Generally I consider myself reasonably lucky in the game, I've had my share of decent drops, and although I did have a dry streak of 80+ at barrows that was broken with a spear drop.

When bad luck does strike me it's usually pretty costly though.. I lagged out at Black Demons and lost Guth Spear and a load of other stuff which (at the time) came to around 8mil..

After seeing several posts by Zoidnerd on his staking wins I thought I'd try my hand since my combat skills are identical to his and he's pretty successful (bit of an understatement!). I lost a total of about 5.5mil and the final indignity was losing a boxing match to a lvl 109 who had lower stats than me in EVERY skill...

My first experience of bad luck/ill judgement is available in the Archive of Wisdom here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=2854660

Mordendravid.png

Ever had absolutely awful luck in RS? LOL, of course you have.

Care to share your story with the rest of us so that we don't feel so bad about our own terrible luck?

I once spent an entire month (about 80-90 hours), in the Smoke Pits killing nothing but Dust Devils in the hope of getting a dragon chain. After killing 16,500 of them (tracked via my hitpoint exp), a friend joined me to keep me company.

100 kills later he screams "dragon chain!" Yup, I gave up there and then.

Haaaahaaaa, you think thats bad luck?!

I killed 46,000 +- 1200 dusties nonstop. NO CHAIN

People were walking in right by me and getting 2 chains per trip, all of my friends came for a lvl up party and 3 of them got chains in the 20 mins they were there.

70% of my friends list has found phats lying on the ground from people drop trading.

I've killed over 1000 Kalphite Queens with no dragon chain.

Ive did over 1400 complete barrow runs before I got my first item (Karils coif)

I actually got deemed the unluckiest player in Runescape.

unluckymw1.png

So before you crying that ur luck sucks, look at mine.

Somehow, I think you edited the source page.

I really haven't had particularly bad luck, unless zero dragon drops in 3+ years counts.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

I just suck at getting drops. My clues are all bs, but I have decent luck at barrows, 4 items in 50 runs, not as bad as some others. I'd say my luck is mediocre although I have been scammed for 500k buying dragon bones from a level 23, and also have been scammed 1.3m from some guy switching helm for skirt, although I thanked god that it wasn't a spear and I sold the spear overpriced to a dker for 6.3m who really needed one^_^:P

I havent had much bad look involving loot, but my Slayer tasks have been killer

Yesterday i had these

Bronze Dragons

Iron

Bronze

Bronze

Turoth

Kurasks

Bronze

Iron

Kurasks

What a bad day for exp, couldnt do Turoths or Kurasks cause i need Attack exp...ugh terrible.

jessesr5.jpg

I havent had much bad look involving loot, but my Slayer tasks have been killer

Yesterday i had these

Bronze Dragons

Iron

Bronze

Bronze

Turoth

Kurasks

Bronze

Iron

Kurasks

What a bad day for exp, couldnt do Turoths or Kurasks cause i need Attack exp...ugh terrible.

Geez, tell me about it.... I get the worst slaying assignments ever.

Today I've had Mutated Zygomites for crying out loud! Also plenty of pointless dragon asignments just to really annoy me grrrrr :evil:

Harrington.gif

Lets see....50 dry run at Barrows ATM, when I go with a friend, first time, secnd run, '[omg] Guthans spear !2shift!!2212`1!1', I timidly take my runes and sob quietly and curse my ungodly luck.

Clues, must have took about 70 level 3s in my time and the best item being a Sara helm.

General monster drops, luck still sucks, never get anything rare, nothing.

It's a pain to get dry runs or no good drops, but nothing rubs it in when a friend steals your luck like that. I killed shadow warriors till I had 80 80 80 in combat stats. Not a single dragon drop, and someone else kills a few and gets the darn left half

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

i got lured lost full drag and santa =( :evil: :wall:

haha, im sry but ppl that get lured must have IQ's lower than an infant...

id be offended if i were an infant reading these forums.

im offended :notalk:

Clean_Staker.png

Well I haven't had that bad luck for some time, that I could remember. But I just saw someone in here TIF, who alched his blue h'ween mask.. :-X

my friend, (I know you guys arent gonna believe this but its true), was getting 99 mage, and she had 1 alch left. She put on her full infinity, thus taking off her blue phat. 10 seconds after the final alch...

Friend: HOLY *** ******* ***** ****! My ******* phat is gone! I ******* alched it!

:thumbsup:

tifsbti6oi.gif