Weapons usable against Vampyre Juvinates:

Raven6666

I was thinking over what weapons where related to silver, and though it is already posted, I doubt anyone has found an easy way out, the Blessed Axe(see here).

Now, the other weapons usuable would include:

The WolfBane Dagger(unpoisonable)

The Demon Slayer swords(Silver/Dark-light)

Silver bolts(untipable, but poisonable)

Silver Sickle(normal and blessed)

Rod of Ivandis

As far as I have seen, I can only max about a 10 with the rods, while with a Mithril/Blessed Ax, (according to the tipit calc) I should be able to hit 4 higher.

If anyone can test this thought out, anyone interested in the Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble minigame will have another formidable weapon we could use.

With rod of ivandis, I have hit 17 on the juvinates (wearing fury amulet)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

big difference in str lvls their tho.

Yeah of course. I must admit I havent tried the blessed axe, but in my opinion rod of ivandis works very well since it has special powers against vampires, and I seriously doubt I would hit much better with the blessed axe.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

big difference in str lvls their tho.

Yeah of course. I must admit I havent tried the blessed axe, but in my opinion rod of ivandis works very well since it has special powers against vampires, and I seriously doubt I would hit much better with the blessed axe.

who knows, maybe its like a salve ammy? i dunno or care honestly. whatever tho when your max melee as you and i are nothing exactly matters that much, especially with a minigame.

you have to agree it might be worth a shot tho, +4 str max hit @ lvl 77, translate that 22 str lvls higher your 17 of the rod might goto 24ish with an axe.

also, these are undead, so salve ammy works?

also, these are undead, so salve ammy works?

Funnily enough no, you are better bringing a holy symbol. Could this have something to do with the quest storyline? If vampyres are not undead... what are they? :-k

So, the only way to poison a vampyre is use poisoned silver bolts... is this worth it?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Easy to find out if they are undead:

Crumble Undead spell

If this spell works, its worth getting the Void Knight Mace, and auto cast it...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Easy to find out if they are undead:

Crumble Undead spell

If this spell works, its worth getting the Void Knight Mace, and auto cast it...

Crumble undead does not work on vampires or ghasts.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

i didnt know the demone slayer swords work, im pretty sure darklight is strongest out of those weaps including the blessed axe. bring darklight best rfd gloves and best defender and you can be hitting decently

edit:looked it up, darklight and blessed axe have same str bonus

Tip.it's official Ninja

Just a thought, but...

Turael said he needed atleast Mithril to make a blessed axe, during Animal Magnetism...

Does that mean you can have an Adamant, a Runite, or even a Dragon Axe blessed?

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Just a thought, but...

Turael said he needed atleast Mithril to make a blessed axe, during Animal Magnetism...

Does that mean you can have an Adamant, a Runite, or even a Dragon Axe blessed?

interesting thought

could be a hint towards future update

as of right now i doubt i can be done

Tip.it's official Ninja

No, all blessed axes are required to be made of mithril.

But there is silver embedded in it is there not?

Then again, a weapon has to be CRAFTED from silver in order to harm us. Err... them.

Merely plating a weapon or edging it with silver isn't going to be enough. No, I don't think blessed axe will work.

No, all blessed axes are required to be made of mithril.

But there is silver embedded in it is there not?

Then again, a weapon has to be CRAFTED from silver in order to harm us. Err... them.

Merely plating a weapon or edging it with silver isn't going to be enough. No, I don't think blessed axe will work.

And if... er, they, are powerful enough, your puny silver will never harm us, er, them.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

The mithril blessed axe does hit those vampyres.

Its stats would appear superior to the rod and sickle.

But there are hidden bonuses in the rod.

I can hit low 20s with it and cant even manage 10 with the axe.

The rod outperforms the other weapons (never tried darklight or the wolfbane) so just stick with it even if its stats look stinky.

Use a rune defender, beserker helm, berserker ring, fire cape, and fighter plate to help you out.

Bring guthix balance so you only have to deal with half its hp by using the spec.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I'll been getting my Cape of Fire back, shortly after I made this post, I died an lost about a net worth of 11m(though most of it was never in pure cash.)

Also, to whoever posted that you would have needed the Void Knight Mace to autocast Crumble Undead, the Slayer Staff can as well(shortly after Slayer was released, Crumble's exp was nerfed.)

As far as I know, no spells would be usuable until we get our next installments of the Myreque quests.

Browsing some of the information gathered by people, I think the best tactic to defeat Vampyre Juvenates is to bring your Darklight and Rod of Ivandis.

The Darklight has a special attack that reduces your target's attack, strength and defense by 5% (10% if its considered a demon).

Continue to kill him with it, or the rod once he is been darkspecced, and finish him off with Guthix Balance.

Should he return as a full fledged Vampire, just kill him with your normal weapons. (Its always wise to bring dds/whip)

Defend against them as you see fit, but my personal favorite is to use an obby shield, to save hits for the more tricker creatures, such as the tentacle monster...

High level rangers may wish to get themselves a Runite Crossbow with silver bolts. Since a runite crossbow is 1-handed, a zamorak book could be a wise thing to get here.

I'm currently figuring out if silver bolts can be tipped and enchanted, so stay tuned.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

My experiments have yielded no tangible benefits.

No silver bolts can be tipped, because apparently, silver is too soft. I tried making silvthril bolts, but thats impossible. So if you're ranging them, only regular (or poisoned) bolts will do...

Also, Turael only takes mithril axes, so we're pretty much stuck with 1 weapon combination;

Darklight with its spec makes it the best weapon to slay these not-so-undead, with its spec you make much more of an impact. Unless Rod of Ivandis has some hidden strength against Juvinates, like the Gadderhammer has against shades, I suggest using the Darklight (with spec) up to the point where you can use the Rod's charge and hang the Juvie in mid-air, forcing a dose of Guthix Balance down its throat...

Should he turn into a p-ed off fully healthy Vampyre, dont be afraid, normal weapons are extremely (by comparisson) effective again, and Crumble Undead may even be a real option here...

Happy Trekking/Rambling

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Here I'll come to the rescue

SilverWeaponComparison.jpg

(I needed to fill the gap so i put chef outfit, TASTE MY WELL SEASONED FURY!)

I hope that helps.

according to that, darklight looks like its the best... i may acutualy take it off my wall and use it! gasp! :shock: killing vapms with rod/sicle takes soooo llong!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Believe it, I actually played this minigame before the second part came out (And I know not many people did.). I found the Rod of Ivandis to be significantly stronger than anything else I tried. Just bring good strength boosting things, potions, and plenty of those potions you need to use on juvinates (I forgot the name...).

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.