Mentality of a lurer

Quasar889

I've never been successfully lured (ancient magic: 3. Lurers: 0), but given the recent spate of topics on luring, I thought I'd post something I found funny about the mentality of lurers and their process.

Watch this satirical video on youtube:

(Not sure if link is allowed, but just search Charlie: Candy Mountain and click the first result).

Summary: Don't enter into deep dark caves (read: wilderness) with precious kidneys (read: partyhats).

If you haven't seen it, watch the whole thing. The ending is worth it.

You act like the game community is like the stinking bowels of hell.... In all reality.. its much.. much... worse.

untitled6kv7.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG that video was crazy. I do think thet the real mentality of a lurer is " why should that guy have all that stuff and i shouldnt"

But there is still a huge contreversy over the whole subject.

That was a crazy video. I think the mentality of a lurer is. I want what anyone else has, and I will do whatever to get it. Sorta follows what you said that I quoted.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

that was one of the best youtube videos iv ever seen

lurers make me sick

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

You wish. Mentality of a lurer is "Let's find someone retarted enough to take something of value into a situation they know they can die from." And guess what. It works.

The good lurers, the ones who can actually succesfully lure someone for 10-450M+, are a lot smarter then you are because they can actually convince someone to take something of actual worth. Thats right, if you become a spectacular lurer you can practically make a living off a morons on RS. 100M+ in 5 Minutes? A tenth the risk of Staking and the same reward.

A great lurer, can have a blast on RS with their Lured Phats and Mils. You can stick to your RS "honor" of making money by skills and merchanting. But I'll stick to buying Skills and Rares with the money I made in a millionth of the time it took you, thanks.

Charlie should have just stayed asleep or gone and pwned those two annoying unicorns.

"Shun the nonbeliever!"

"Yeah, shun the nonbeliever!"

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

I really laughed out loud today when I was shown that video. I thought... Sounds like a bunch of lurers to me.. That was when I realized I was playing too much runescape.

You act like the game community is like the stinking bowels of hell.... In all reality.. its much.. much... worse.

untitled6kv7.gif

Even though I don't approve of luring, I would have to agree with Lakitsym_Rose. It's not that they are jealous of pixils, its that they are taking advantage of idiots. All not being lured takes is common sense, if someone isn't intelligent enough to know not to get lured, then their stuff is probably better off with someone else. The exception to this is new players who still don't know how the game works, but they wouldn't have enough money yet to be worth luring.

Even though I don't approve of luring, I would have to agree with Lakitsym_Rose. It's not that they are jealous of pixils, its that they are taking advantage of idiots. All not being lured takes is common sense, if someone isn't intelligent enough to know not to get lured, then their stuff is probably better off with someone else. The exception to this is new players who still don't know how the game works, but they wouldn't have enough money yet to be worth luring.

Thank you. The best part of being a lurer? Other lurers. They try to lure me I run in for it and blitz spec their Killer for full Mystic, even the rare Mage Book/Fury/Master Wand (Yes, I've PK'd them from lurers). Or the even better, having a friend who knows it's a lure PM you saying someone is trying to lure them, second they drop that 10K... BOOM, you can get some pretty good items from that, best I've gotten is Infinity Top and 1K Bloods or so.

And if your lucky enough you can find Edgeville Tree Lurers on their Pures wearing Rares Ect trying to convince another moron into the wild, succesfull Blitz Spec? You can get incredibly lucky if you can find someone worth while.

Thats not a showoff Post just adding in. Just telling everyone you can take advantage of the LURERS.

Thank you. The best part of being a lurer? Other lurers. They try to lure me I run in for it and blitz spec their Killer for full Mystic, even the rare Mage Book/Fury/Master Wand (Yes, I've PK'd them from lurers). Or the even better, having a friend who knows it's a lure PM you saying someone is trying to lure them, second they drop that 10K... BOOM, you can get some pretty good items from that, best I've gotten is Infinity Top and 1K Bloods or so.

And if your lucky enough you can find Edgeville Tree Lurers on their Pures wearing Rares Ect trying to convince another moron into the wild, succesfull Blitz Spec? You can get incredibly lucky if you can find someone worth while.

Thats not a showoff Post just adding in. Just telling everyone you can take advantage of the LURERS.

Wow! I'm glad to see that you're doing something constructive about lurers instead of complaining and whining about them. Awesome! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Wow! I'm glad to see that you're doing something constructive about lurers instead of complaining and whining about them. Awesome! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Umm... You do know he's supporting luring, don't you? :wall:

im a lurer so bleep you all ::'

With those stats, doubt it.

On topic, funny vid :lol:

Umm... You do know he's supporting luring, don't you? :wall:

Yes, I know that he's supporting luring. If lurers are taking out other lurers, then I don't really see a problem.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Umm sound never works for me on youtube, idk why, didn't understand a thing :lol: Lol I should really find a way to fix that sound problem..

2480+ total

Holy crap!!! (Sorry for the language) This movie is by Jason Steele!!! I don't know if any of you guys know him, but he is a good friend of Knox (Robert Benfer), who is one of the most famous online claymation makers. He's absolutely hilarious, and so is Knox, so I just thought I'd let you know that...

The movie is hilarious, and it actually describes luring accurately. Good find!

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

You wish. Mentality of a lurer is "Let's find someone retarted enough to take something of value into a situation they know they can die from." And guess what. It works.

The good lurers, the ones who can actually succesfully lure someone for 10-450M+, are a lot smarter then you are because they can actually convince someone to take something of actual worth. Thats right, if you become a spectacular lurer you can practically make a living off a morons on RS. 100M+ in 5 Minutes? A tenth the risk of Staking and the same reward.

A great lurer, can have a blast on RS with their Lured Phats and Mils. You can stick to your RS "honor" of making money by skills and merchanting. But I'll stick to buying Skills and Rares with the money I made in a millionth of the time it took you, thanks.

So what about the people who lure you into they're house then use the dungeon glitch to get all of your all of your rares that you brought for thr so called "house party".

By the way i know people who are dumb enough to get lured in some cases should lose they're items. You do have to remember to put yourself in they're shoes.

Most people only link lureing witht he wilderness when thats not always the case.

prospektssigza4.jpg