29 March 2007 - Rule 2 update

Sjakie_1_1_3

There are still bugs to be worked out..but the important thing is that JaGeX is taking a stand for what is right. Players are going out of their way to say the rule change was bad because of blah blah blah. Guess they are showing their true colors aren't they? Its whats right, not what makes sence.

If everyone who is still a member, could go onto the official forums and support this, I think it will further sustain JaGeX that they made the right decision.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah baby, luring gone! \'

"When the sun is settin' in the sky, everybody knows its PARTY TIME! And when da moon is risin' high!"

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Good to hear it. Glad to see they make lure against rule

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

As great as the rule sounds, it looks like it will still be hard to enforce. Most of the lures involve a lower leveled guy bringing you into the wilderness for a trade and then one or more of his friends who are your level come in and kill you. But how can Jagex know this? Especially if they communicate with each other outside of Runescape (like AIM)?

The best solution would be for Jagex to ban trading in the wild, but that would cause an uproar from PKing clans and such. But maybe they could make it so that you have to wear the same type of wildy cape to be able to trade in the wild?

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

now, can people who lured previously be banned? because i doubt it. but imagine if they did...some people would be pissed off at getting banned for luring some1 within the last year.

Well, like with rule 7 update, they gave people the chance to stop doing it. Because before the update lurers could lure, now they can't.

PARTAE!!!! \' \' \' \' =D> \' :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

So at what stage of the lure do we report them? When they say "oh im doing gertrudes cat, come to lumberyard", when we at the edge of the wildy watching coins appear, or after we get killed?

The third one is the answer, as I doubt that the others are enough proof for jagex to ban (assuming that all bannings are fair, which is highly disputable), but then we have the problem of people dieing, I mean, how many people will actually go into the wildy to die, just to report someone?

Another problem with this is team luring. Which person do we report, the one telling us to come to the weird location, or the one that does the killing?

Ah well...it's the first step in the right direction, but some of it does need to be clarified, as one extra sentence in rule 2 isn't really enough of an explaination.

now, can people who lured previously be banned? because i doubt it. but imagine if they did...some people would be pissed off at getting banned for luring some1 within the last year.

Since Jagex went out of there way to previously say that Luring was OK, there is no way that they can ban people for Luring in the past.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Oh well I guess the kids deciding the policies at Jagex finally reached the level of "common sense" by figuring out that is actually better to make Luring against the rules anyway.

Let's see if they can advance further to the level of "Preventing is better than curing"... In that case Luring would have never become such an issue as it is now. :roll:

Still, the rule is not perfect.

Say, I make a thread saying "Buying blue partyhat at wilderness, for 1B!"

I get a seller, who makes sure this is not a lure, brining his friend along with him, who happens to be a Jagex Moderator, and who will ban me if I turn out to be a lurer.

So, i cannot "lure" him. I trade 1B for his blue partyhat. DONE. The deal is done. From that moment on, I can kill him, I did what i promised to do, and from that moment on, he is just another player in the wilderness, while I am just another PK'er in the wilderness, being allowed to kill him with no fear of getting banned because of rule number 2.

I think you get the point now: If I trade him in the wilderness, then therefore, I can kill him and get the loot, while not getting banned.

It's just not allowed to kill him or her BEFORE the trade is done.

:)

Lol, good point you got there :P

lol, you make a good point, but I'm sure Jagex doesn't care.

Also, as Jagex said, this will only really affect you if you're a scammer, or a noob who gets scammed.

So Jagex finally made luring illegal.

However, what does it mean by "false pretenses"?

Obviously, telling someone you have an item to sell for cheap and to tell the victim to meet near the Wilderness and then making up an excuse is a scam.

But is it a scam to drop money in the Wilderness and hope that someone will follow it?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Rule 2 hasn't changed much at all, it's more of a clarification, and there are no changes to the meat of the rule itself. If you look at the bottom of the rule, here, you'll see a brief list of example scams. We've now expanded this to state that luring someone into the Wilderness under false pretences is definitely a scam.

The majority of you all are good players who stick to the rules, so this shouldn't affect you, but rule breakers beware!

Note: This is a reversal of what was posted on the forums a while back. We realised the earlier decision was a bad idea, and that luring really isn't very nice.

Luring now is a scam :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn you jagex nnow what am i gona do every saturday

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

Good job Jagex yet again you are the Robin Hood for the 8 year old players in the game. Was it not enough that you created a huge sign that warns players not to go into the wilderness. I am glad complete idiots can now play the game safely and seek justice for their stupid and globule actions. Try to resist adding the Teletubbies to the Varrock Square in future updates. :wink:

hmmm interesting.... probably gonna lower the rate of lures in edgeville =)

Yeah plus i think jagex are way too strict with the rules...... hehehe i wonder why i don't have a mark after some of the things i done

wanna play ??^_^ total=1650+ =)

time pass by so fast -_-