29 March 2007 - Rule 2 update

Sjakie_1_1_3

Rule 2 hasn't changed much at all, it's more of a clarification, and there are no changes to the meat of the rule itself. If you look at the bottom of the rule, here, you'll see a brief list of example scams. We've now expanded this to state that luring someone into the Wilderness under false pretences is definitely a scam.

The majority of you all are good players who stick to the rules, so this shouldn't affect you, but rule breakers beware!

Note: This is a reversal of what was posted on the forums a while back. We realised the earlier decision was a bad idea, and that luring really isn't very nice.

Luring now is a scam :)

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Jagex for adding this to list of scams :D =D>

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

it is a good thing..... and a bad thing also....!

for those wanna-be-mods, there is a new excuse for them to press the report abuse button.

eg:

lets meet in edge

*reported for luring*

omg you noob, i will pk you in wild

*report for rule 2*

casting lunar on friends

*reported by a passing by wanna-be-mod*

just my thoughts... :?

Finally. :)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

There is no doubt that this is a good thing, but I don't think that it will have much of a change to the majority of lurers.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Moved this to General, as it affects everyone not just P2P.

Good job Jagex :thumbsup:

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

A long-overdue decision, a triumph of decent people over scumbags, and vindication for those of us who have spent many hours over the last few weeks fighting for this change.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'm happy about the change, but it can still be done as long as your clever and don't use false pretences. By not being specific, a lurer could still do this within the rules but i doubt most of them will actualy take alll that effort.

Now let's see if RuneScape has become a second UO, if so, the rant forum will be swarming with rants about this in less then a day. *Sigh*

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Still, the rule is not perfect.

Say, I make a thread saying "Buying blue partyhat at wilderness, for 1B!"

I get a seller, who makes sure this is not a lure, brining his friend along with him, who happens to be a Jagex Moderator, and who will ban me if I turn out to be a lurer.

So, i cannot "lure" him. I trade 1B for his blue partyhat. DONE. The deal is done. From that moment on, I can kill him, I did what i promised to do, and from that moment on, he is just another player in the wilderness, while I am just another PK'er in the wilderness, being allowed to kill him with no fear of getting banned because of rule number 2.

I think you get the point now: If I trade him in the wilderness, then therefore, I can kill him and get the loot, while not getting banned.

It's just not allowed to kill him or her BEFORE the trade is done.

:)

Margus.png

Now let's see if RuneScape has become a second UO, if so, the rant forum will be swarming with rants about this in less then a day. *Sigh*

There are alot of rants about this. With luring now punishable, and people ADMITTING IT ON THE RUNESCAPE FORUMS WITH JMODS WATCHING AND POSTING! LMAO!!!!

Yeah. Pretty hilarious if you ask me. In my opinion, this is the BEST UPDATEthey have ever done in the past few months.

Kudos to them. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Still, the rule is not perfect.

Say, I make a thread saying "Buying blue partyhat at wilderness, for 1B!"

I get a seller, who makes sure this is not a lure, brining his friend along with him, who happens to be a Jagex Moderator, and who will ban me if I turn out to be a lurer.

So, i cannot "lure" him. I trade 1B for his blue partyhat. DONE. The deal is done. From that moment on, I can kill him, I did what i promised to do, and from that moment on, he is just another player in the wilderness, while I am just another PK'er in the wilderness, being allowed to kill him with no fear of getting banned because of rule number 2.

I think you get the point now: If I trade him in the wilderness, then therefore, I can kill him and get the loot, while not getting banned.

It's just not allowed to kill him or her BEFORE the trade is done.

:)

Lol, good point you got there :P

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.