Braces

Abelmisi

I'm getting mine put on tomorrow.

If everything goes right I'll have to wear it for 1,5 years.

Got any tips or important information I need to know?

If you have an interesting story go ahead and post!

rickastleywh7.png

You'll be sore and think that you can't take another day of them when you get them on, but you really do get used to them. Just listen to what they say - don't have gum or hard candy or anything and you'll get them off faster.

Tip-- braces suck.

The next week, your mouth will be sore, trust me. And, they'll make your lips feel like they're bulging out 2 feet. <.<

I'm getting mine off this summer. 2 years, have fun with the metal :P

I got mine off about a year ago. Best feeling ever! As for tips. Well I am the rebel type... That's right I chewed gum :shame: It's going to be not that wonderful the first week because your teeth feel like their being pryed out of your mouth at all times. Other than that, they aren't bad at all. They just look annoying when you look in the mirror. Just picture that your a rapper with grills or something. :-s

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Well, when you get them off, keep your retainer in your mouth like nonstop for the month after you took them off... I couldn't stand the retainer, couldn't talk in it without spitting and even then I still was impossible to understand, so I just didn't wear them much (it was in the middle of the school year >_<). Anyways, now my upper teeth are a few millemeters off or something (by my estimations), so my top and bottom teeth don't line up (though they look fine otherwise).

Oh, and watch out for the dreaded Dots o_O. As in, don't eat them, ever.

Been braces free for over a year now \' .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It hurts like hell the first few days and seems annoying and you think you won't get used to it but you will.

P.S the cement they use tastes HORRIBLE

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

ya you won't be able to eat any food besides like mashed potatoes and mac and cheese for about a week, then its not bad at all.

I went was going to summer camp when I got them, and all I could eat was cold mac n cheese for lunch everyday.

I've also had braces twice....2nd grade and 8th.

I also play an instrument which basically means pain in the mouth while playing.

To sum it up I hate braces.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

there are only 2 bad things with braces, the first few days, and retainers. the first few days dont hurt that much, but its just uncomfortable. the retainers are the worst part, because you sound gay when you talk, and you can't close your mouth all the way without pulling back your toung a little, which gets annoying.

they say 1.5 years, but it will be over 2.

runemsanta,nomar4.gif

there are only 2 bad things with braces, the first few days, and retainers. the first few days dont hurt that much, but its just uncomfortable. the retainers are the worst part, because you sound gay when you talk, and you can't close your mouth all the way without pulling back your toung a little, which gets annoying.

I think you have that backwards
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

The annoyness will depend on which kind they will install on you:

-the old kind ones, cheaper, bigger, uglier, more annoying, hurts more

-the new ones, expensive, smaller, less ugly, less annoying

I'm wishing you the new kinds o_O

2480+ total

yea.

anyways, it'll be hell for the next 1.5 years. they'll give you wax, USE it. otherwise, you'll cut your mouth a lot

Ive had braces on for about 6 months now, and its never bothered me at all. It didnt hurt when they were first put on and aside from a wire breaking once I was able to eat and talk normally right from the beginning. they have gotten rid of all those little rubber bands and things you had to have on braces before and its a lot smaller then the older ones so, for me at least it was never a problem adapting to them.

Heh, I never got braces. They were too expensive I guess. But, my teeth are relatively straight naturally. Except my bottom ones are a tad bit crooked but just on the inside a bit and it isn't that noticeable. Also, you tend to talk a bit differently. If you have braces and you play a contact sport with a mouth gard, no one can understand what you say :lol:.

tfssig.png

Do not chew on pens!!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

The annoyness will depend on which kind they will install on you:

-the old kind ones, cheaper, bigger, uglier, more annoying, hurts more

-the new ones, expensive, smaller, less ugly, less annoying

I'm wishing you the new kinds o_O

Well I dunno, whats the difference?

EDIT: Erm I read Wikipedia, this is the one I use.

Traditional braces are stainless steel, sometimes in combination with nickel titanium, and are the most widely used. They offer many types of brackets, including coventional ones requiring ties and newer self-tying (or self-ligating) brackets, like SPEED and Damon brackets. These types of braces are often referred to as 'train-tracks'.

That must the the cheaper, bigger, uglier, more annoying, more hurting one, lol.

BTW it's already on. And it sucks. <.<

rickastleywh7.png

Does anyone know if you could play the flute with braces? BTW my bro got them and they hurt like crazy. It sucked.

Yes you can, a boy in my school got braces and he kept playing.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

yea.

anyways, it'll be hell for the next 1.5 years. they'll give you wax, USE it. otherwise, you'll cut your mouth a lot

I had mine for about 2 years and i never needed wax, and never cut myself once, it depends, just hope you won't get cut by yours.