1 April 2007 - Behind the Scenes - April 1st

Zygimantas

1 April 2007 - Behind the Scenes - April 1st

With Easter comes spring. Spring brings us new plants, so we asked ourselves, "What's everyone's favourite plant?" Of course, the answer is obviously the cabbage.

So this year's Easter update will be Cabbagey Easter, featuring cabbages for everyone! And if that doesn't whet your appetite enough, these aren't just ordinary cabbages. Easter is traditionally about foods (such as eggs) being strange colours, so we've come up with what we think is a completely unique idea: red cabbage!

Next up, Fred the farmer has a severe problem. His cabbages are not growing as big as he'd like! In the first quest of the month, Cabbage Ritual, you'll get the chance to explore some of the most exciting and dangerous places in RuneScape, from the bustling city of Rimmington to the shadowy remote town of Lumbridge, searching for pieces for a fantastic new weapon: the hallowed cabbage-grow-a-bit-bigger laser!

After the quest you'll even be able to use the laser on your own cabbage patches, so that your cabbages grow into big cabbages which will heal 2 hitpoints! (If you do the maths you'll find that's twice as many hitpoints as an ordinary cabbage heals.)

Deep under the Melzar's Maze vegetable patch, darkness lies. Actually it's always been a bit dark under there, what with it being underground and never getting any sun, but soon there will be a new, more dangerous, metaphorical sort of darkness. The secret tunnels which run under the patch are about to be invaded by a new deadly enemy: killer cabbages!

Get your spades ready, for the 3rd update of the month, will feature one and a half levels of increasingly dangerous enemies. First you'll meet the level 2 cabbage spawn, but soon the challenges will ramp up as you confront the level 5 cabbage knights. Finally, at the end of the dungeon, prepare to face our new high-level boss monster, the deadly level 11 Brassica Prime, king of the cabbages!

Of course, we'll be adding some special new item drops for anyone with the strength and stamina to defeat these terrifying new monsters. So watch out for the cabbage armour! With legs, helmet and body to collect, you can make yourself look a complete cabbage!

A couple of notes:

Beware of rabbits. This armour won't protect you from them, since they actually like eating cabbage.

Please note that we felt it necessary to set level 3 Defence and level 5 Cooking requirements for wielding this armour. We suspect the 'no Cooking level' pures may not be happy, but in the interests of good game balance we will definitely not be backing down on this.

The penultimate update of the month will be a new rune, the cabbage rune, which will be sold in the Varrock rune shop. We plan to add this to the Runecrafting skill soon (planned for 2014).

With a new rune, you'll be needing some new spells, so we're releasing four!

Cabbage-speak will cause filtered words you say to become cabbages instead of asterisks (stars).

Locate Cabbage will bring up a yellow flashing arrow on your screen to point you in the direction of the nearest cabbage.

Bones to Cabbages is a daring new spell concept that will turn all the bones in your inventory into cabbages.

We will also be adding the Share Cabbage spell to the Lunar magicks spellbook so you'll be able to give all your friends cabbages too!

In the final update of the month, on April 31st we will turn everyone into a cabbage.

Muahahahaha!

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L-O-L, I thought at first this was an official update. 8-)

Then, I thought, well, Jagex could never actually do anything funny so, its a fake.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

My update says cabbage rune, not r00n. Did they changed that?

Or was that another joke I missed? :P

Anyway, Jagex made really fun of themselfs, in a really funny way. :P

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Lol I was thinking that this was official....until they talk about the cabbage rune (planned for 2014) then I realised.....April Fools! I wonder when the real behind the scenes will be released. Well done TB@JT.

~Blurite44

P.S. Why does rune, lol change, and the? I never use leet and it automatically changes them.....

Cheap_Mark.png

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

My update says cabbage r00n, not r00n. Did they changed that?

Or was that another joke I missed? :P

Anyway, Jagex made really fun of themselfs, in a really funny way. :P

LMAO!

I just realised that Tip.it changes everything. :P

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

"pl0x note that we felt it necessary to set lvl 3 Defence and lvl 5 Cooking requirements 4 wielding this armour. We suspect teh 'no Cooking lvl' pures may not be happy, but in teh interests of good game balance we will definitely not be backing down on this. "

:lol:

jjroxlu7.jpg

Just noticed it says on APRIL 31 they will turn everyone into cabbages...(if you didn't know..there is no april 31.. :cry: )

I was really looking forward to this update too, looked well good :cry:

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png

<.< Actually thought this was for real and i was already finding it plain stupid if they'd spend a whole month on ... cabbages lol

Only figured it was fake when i saw "(planned for 2014)"

O well, the thing about the pures gave me a laugh :)

Best MONTH EVAR!

Kah Bah Gee!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

This is behind the scenes - april 1st so it has to be a joke. That'd be funny if they did some of it though. I could see red cabbages lol. If this isn't a joke then someone in jagex is in the OoC.

lawl they nearly had me until i realised teh date... (just woke up) I thought what a rubbish month that would be, cabbage!!

and teh leet speek is so annoying!!

L.ol, you should wake up then before you get tricked again.

This is behind teh scenes - april 1st so it has to be a joke. That'd be funny if they did sum of it tho. I could see red cabbages lawl. If this isn't a joke then someone in jagex is in teh OoC.

They actually have a poster in the Jagex Towers outside Paul's office with a picture of the OoC Cabbage Bombing a JMod event. I can assure you that this was Paul's idea.

Remember: According to Jagex the OoC is the model Clan. :P

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley