Saru's Guide on how to do Barrows. Every way included!

Saru Inc

i dont use prayer pots in barrows either, but i think zammy book is better than rune deffer, the pray bonus helps a bit and it gives mage atk bonus too.

great guide but you dont need all that barrows things to do barrows, still it helps.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problems using rune, with 70+ def and a sup def pot anyone would be ok. I did like 200 runs with this setup and never had a problem.

Yea, well, I used rune for a while, and the reason why I didn't post it is because its dangerous.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

A nice guide indeed. Just a bit of an addition, with regard to some things that I would call preference more than requirement. And random stuff cause I like to ramble, but hopefully will help the guide be more comprehensive.

Re: Full Guthan

I sometimes take my full Verac to barrows. I get shivers worrying about my 2m helm and what if I lag or accidentally backspace. (Btw, this has happened multiple times, just not with Verac.) You're taking something that's more than three times as valuable, and yet you don't seem at all fazed. Guthan has it's purpose, yes. It's weighing risk and reward. I would just like to add, don't take Guthan unless you are absolutely comfortable with it, feel you have Barrows well under your belt, are using a lag-free connection to a nearby server, and -- importantly -- are able to replace a spear in the event of a catastrophe. It is very much better safe than sorry.

Re: Karil armor

Karil is better mage defense. It is (relatively) cheap. If you don't already have it, however, there isn't much need to go out and buy it. The difference in Karil and black dragonhide is slight. If you're at a point where it makes a significant difference, your mage defense is kinda lacking.

Re: Xbow vs Cbow vs MSB vs random stuff

Xbow is better than Cbow. But so is MSB, at a vast fraction (<1/60) of the cost. The difference here is noticeable more than with the different armor. Xbow does indeed hit more damage over the same time. (It's almost the same hit but noticeably faster.) Rune arrows are reusuable, though, and bolt racks are valuable. So it's once again down to preference. Also, I've been experimenting with thrown weapons and they work surprisingly well due to Ahrim's lack of range defense. I currently use mithril darts. While their max hit is a measly 11 (12 with prayer), they are tied for the fastest weapon in the game.

Re: Magic Dart vs Fire _____

Magic dart has two advantages that I can see. (A possible third is that it's rumored to take mage bonus less into consideration. Dunno really.) It requires no external rune supply; everything comes from the chest. And it hits higher with higher mage level. (10 + floor(mage level)) But there's nothing wrong with fire blast (or bolt with gauntlets) besides needing to supply airs, and so again, I think it's a preference thing. (...and whether or not you can be bothered to level slayer for a week.)

Re: Potions

Fewer potions do give you more room for food. But I feel some potions are too important to neglect. (...and some are a matter of preference.) I would tell everyone to take a defense boosting potion (super defense/Saradomin brew). You're fighting four and maybe a half brothers and many minions toe to toe (minus occasional safespotting) and without prayer. Whatever your defense, the potion will save you more food than the space it takes up, and keeps the brothers from getting too lucky. I personally take a super attack potion for Karil so my specs connect well.

(*collapses* Ya know what? I'll finish the post tomorrow morning.)

Eek. Don't kill me. I was only trying to help.

Ok, well, I agree with you in some points but, super def pots just get expensive. And with Guthan, I think its worth the risk.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Guthan's saved my life this last trip. Geeze! The brothers hit more powerful and more accurate than ever (didn't help that for some reason my prayer didn't activate when I clicked it, though it was highlighted for Dharok. Got a nice 28 on me).

I was out of monkfish by the time I got to the tunnels, and I usually only use around 8 or 9 for the entire thing!

I am interested to see if the brothers put up as much of a fight with anyone else as they have with me.

Guthan's saved my life this last trip. Geeze! The brothers hit more powerful and more accurate than ever (didn't help that for some reason my prayer didn't activate when I clicked it, though it was highlighted for Dharok. Got a nice 28 on me).

I was out of monkfish by the time I got to the tunnels, and I usually only use around 8 or 9 for the entire thing!

I am interested to see if the brothers put up as much of a fight with anyone else as they have with me.

Guthan saves my life plenty of times.

Well, its a pretty nice guide. One currection you say that barrows gloves alose give +2 str; they actually give + 12 str :D . And one other thing, you might want to add that a helm of nieznot (that is not the right spelling but whatver the new fremmy helm is) Gives + 3 prayer (i think) and doesn't give -mage or range bonus so it works extremely well with the "poor" outfit. (I've tried it many times). Also a tip before going into dharok's grave if you had to drop one of your foods because it became rotten on your way to barrows then I would suggest just taking off you platebody (this works for both guthans and torags method) because they both give a huge -mage bonus and are not needed while using prayer. :D . Hope that helped tell me if you have any questions about it.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Well, its a pretty nice guide. One currection you say that barrows gloves alose give +2 str; they actually give + 12 str :D . And one other thing, you might want to add that a helm of nieznot (that is not the right spelling but whatver the new fremmy helm is) Gives + 3 prayer (i think) and doesn't give -mage or range bonus so it works extremely well with the "poor" outfit. (I've tried it many times). Also a tip before going into dharok's grave if you had to drop one of your foods because it became rotten on your way to barrows then I would suggest just taking off you platebody (this works for both guthans and torags method) because they both give a huge -mage bonus and are not needed while using prayer. :D . Hope that helped tell me if you have any questions about it.

Oh, yea I forgot about that, and I'll put that in, Thanks.

Well yippy! I am in teh guide! :D . I was thinking and if you want later this week I could write up a little guide to also using black salamanders at barrows which you could add to your guide (its not worth it making a whole other guide; theres already like 10 barrows guides out there :wall:) Its only if you want to though. :P

~nyyankees588

Getting another sig

[removed]

Well yippy! I am in teh guide! :D . I was thinking and if you want later this week I could write up a little guide to also using black salamanders at barrows which you could add to your guide (its not worth it making a whole other guide; theres already like 10 barrows guides out there :wall:) Its only if you want to though. :P

~nyyankees588

K, do that.

I got 2 items since this guide. Thanks sam!

757463/9822 on this guide! :lol:

Aww, no 757427\67000? I thought it was a good guide.

I've got a few things I could point out for you :P

1. For the expensive outfit...there's not really much poiny in risking your guthsn if you're going to be carrying 20 monk fish (320hp to heal from that). Basically if you have 70+ def you're better off with a super defence pot than with wasting your guthans. 80+ def and you'll only need about 10 monk's as a maximum each chest...So unless you're going to take prayer pots to do 5-10 chests per run, don't take guthans (note I have lost my guthans twice anyway as I try and do 10-15 chests per run).

2. As far as a poor outifit goes it's not that cheap, for doing one chest at a time, rune is fine, some people don't even risk that and just take black dragon hide (or worse lol). And to the poorest of people paying for repairing barrows equipment can be costly and therefore unnecesary.

3. Choose whether this guide is for experienced barrows, intermediat barrowers or beginners, there's no point telling people which is the right answer for the questions if you're aiming at experienced barrowers.

TBH though, not a bad guide. 7/10

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

To bfl,I'm pretty sure this guide is for people who really know what they are doing. There are already plenty of guides out there that inform people who don't have barrows armour how to do barrows ::'

Edit- And to Saru (yeh I spelled you name right :) ) I can start making the guide on like wednesday. If I'm lucky I'll start sooner but my mom's laptop is laaggy.

Btw add me- nyyankees588

Getting another sig

[removed]

nice guide dude, the poor way is the way I do and its perfect for ppl that can afford it, except when guthans gets lucky and start hitting you like crazy, anyways pretty nice guide

But i didnt see where you added the guthans method against karil :-k

beerrobber.png

^Click it to see my BLOG

Barrows Drops: 3[spear, dh helm, t helm]

Law Crafting guide

nice guide dude, the poor way is the way I do and its perfect for ppl that can afford it, except when guthans gets lucky and start hitting you like crazy, anyways pretty nice guide

But i didnt see where you added the guthans method against karil :-k

Oops, I forgot. :oops: I'll add.

well what can i say other than fantastic i doubt im gonna risk that much cash in the outfit but for someone who can easily afford it it is a good method \'

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

well what can i say other than fantastic i doubt im gonna risk that much cash in the outfit but for someone who can easily afford it it is a good method \'

Thanks.

tip. dont load this while barrowing. causes massive lag coz of all the pics, could kill you

other than that, good guide \' \'

i do barrows in rune and farseer helm, and guthix d hide for ah

i have 80 def so they dont hit much so rune w/ lobs is good with me

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Love the all the safespots, that comes in handy. Also, notice in the rich outfit, in the top left corner of the screenie, the option is 'wear monkfish' lol. :XD:

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

addyfrangecape,snowmanbob.gif

Love the all the safespots, that comes in handy. Also, notice in the rich outfit, in the top left corner of the screenie, the option is 'wear monkfish' lol. :XD:

Lol, yea.

@Walka, that way works also, but I like my ways better.

How would this setup work:

Head:Mystic Hat

Amulet: Glory

Cape: Obby

Torso: Black D'hide

Legs: Black D'hide

Weapon: Slayer Staff

Sheild: Rune Defender

Boots: Mystic Boots

Gloves: Mystic Gloves

Then for the Inventory:

Whip

2 Prayer Potions

Deaths

Minds

And monks or sharks for food?

transformerfy9.jpg

Good guide , 9/10

The armour works fine, the 'poor' version is what I use swapping Torags legs for veracs ... lol

Hmm , I think the above suggestion would work if using safespots? :-k

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

good guide, would it be possible to use arhims armour with ancients (ice burst) and still only use one prayer potion?

Yea, it could work, but its just really expensive. Thats why its not in there.

@Hiierarch: Dude, don't try it. You can only use that setup if you have 80+ defence, other wise they hit too hard.

Thanks for all the replys guys.