Saru's Guide on how to do Barrows. Every way included!

Saru Inc

Noted a few things. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but there's no way I'm gonna read everyone's posts. So here goes some questions:

In the Verac part of the guide, you say that you 'MUST' kill Dharok with prayer in the tunnels. Well, that's not necessarily true. I always kill him without prayer when I have to kill him in the tunnels. Just watch your HP. However, you do need a Super def pot to minimize the chances of him hitting you. Or, if you don't want to waste p pots when you have to kill DH in the tunnels, why not just bring an air staff and like 50 Bloods (or Deaths/Chaos, whatever floats your boat) and just safespot him and mage him using Air Bolt/Blast/Wave? (You won't use 50 Chaos/Deaths/Bloods, you'll probably use like 20 or so, but I always like bringing high number of runes just incase)

In the Ancients part of the guide; well..why Karils? That's my main question. I want my spells to hit, not splash =; . Might as well bring Ahrims/Mystic. Also, I'd recommend using Ice Blitz to freeze the brother, run a few steps back, then Burst him (you hit once with Blitz and 4 times with Burst before you go into a sidestep/hide behind something) or Barrrage him the first time and step away and attack with 5 Burst spells before hiding. This method is not expensive seeing as you use 12-16 Bloods per run. You easily make this back from the chest in 1 run.

Now, the safespots...you might want to point out how to find them. If you look on the floor, you'll notice an octagon on the floor. In the middle of this octagon is where the ladder is. Also, you might want to note that the brothers always go west/east before north/south when next to an obstacle (don't know if this still applies since Jagex nerfed the fight caves in which the monsters go diagonally now -.-). You might want to organize the pics of the safespots (as in put the 4 ladder safepots first, then the rock safespots after). And you don't have all the rock safespots. You're missing 3 of them. The ones in the West tunnel, and the one in the east room. Also, the first rock safespot that you show in the Southern tunnel (the west safespot), it's not a 'maybe' safespot; it ALWAYS works; You just need to know how to manipulate it. And here's a tip: Try to use the map that Tip.it has on their Barrows guide of the tunnels. First circle the safespot that you're going to use on the map, then show the picture of it. Then circle the next safespot that you're gonna show on a new map, and show a picture of that. And so on and so forth...

You're missing one of the answers for the Door puzzles.

Very good guide, but just missing some things. :-$ If you have any questions about what I said, feel free to PM me.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noted a few things. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but there's no way I'm gonna read everyone's posts. So here goes some questions:

In the Verac part of the guide, you say that you 'MUST' kill Dharok with prayer in the tunnels. Well, that's not necessarily true. I always kill him without prayer when I have to kill him in the tunnels. Just watch your HP. However, you do need a Super def pot to minimize the chances of him hitting you. Or, if you don't want to waste p pots when you have to kill DH in the tunnels, why not just bring an air staff and like 50 Bloods (or Deaths/Chaos, whatever floats your boat) and just safespot him and mage him using Air Bolt/Blast/Wave? (You won't use 50 Chaos/Deaths/Bloods, you'll probably use like 20 or so, but I always like bringing high number of runes just incase)

In the Ancients part of the guide; well..why Karils? That's my main question. I want my spells to hit, not splash =; . Might as well bring Ahrims/Mystic. Also, I'd recommend using Ice Blitz to freeze the brother, run a few steps back, then Burst him (you hit once with Blitz and 4 times with Burst before you go into a sidestep/hide behind something) or Barrrage him the first time and step away and attack with 5 Burst spells before hiding. This method is not expensive seeing as you use 12-16 Bloods per run. You easily make this back from the chest in 1 run.

Now, the safespots...you might want to point out how to find them. If you look on the floor, you'll notice an octagon on the floor. In the middle of this octagon is where the ladder is. Also, you might want to note that the brothers always go west/east before north/south when next to an obstacle (don't know if this still applies since Jagex nerfed the fight caves in which the monsters go diagonally now -.-). You might want to organize the pics of the safespots (as in put the 4 ladder safepots first, then the rock safespots after). And you don't have all the rock safespots. You're missing 3 of them. The ones in the West tunnel, and the one in the east room. Also, the first rock safespot that you show in the Southern tunnel (the west safespot), it's not a 'maybe' safespot; it ALWAYS works; You just need to know how to manipulate it. And here's a tip: Try to use the map that Tip.it has on their Barrows guide of the tunnels. First circle the safespot that you're going to use on the map, then show the picture of it. Then circle the next safespot that you're gonna show on a new map, and show a picture of that. And so on and so forth...

You're missing one of the answers for the Door puzzles.

Very good guide, but just missing some things. :-$ If you have any questions about what I said, feel free to PM me.

Yea, I use the slayer staff to mage DH in tunnels now, but thats notr *true* way to use Veracs, so I didn't put it in. Also, that was the cheap way to do ancients, I myself ice blitz the burst, but this was oriented toward lower lvls. And for the safespots, I have to go back and get one, I know I missed one, I just keep forgetting to get it everytime I go back to the tunnels. Also, the south tunnel on the west side, NEVER worked for me, if you could show a pic of it working, I'd be glad to credit you.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Hey great guide!

Do u remember me?

Saturday u gave me 4 monks and u got d axe and u were like i knew it karma!!

Yep. :P

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Saru!

I'm mad at you now i want to go back to my main and do some barrows <.<

But great guide!

:D

Awesome guide. Just switched a few things out, and now it works perfectly for me. Thanks a ton! \:D/

Ok, I might put in that with the new crossbow update, it makes perfect tool for Killing Ahrim, I use diamond bolts (e) now.

even better than before! keep it up!!!!

Thanks. 8-)

Lmao. kay. Want me to delete me whole guide?

Kay, one problem, I started Barrowing like a year before I met you... :-k

10/10!

And me and Mc90123 are now famous! w00t! :D

Seriously, great guide!

^_^

Thanks.

I have a question, Since you've driven me to get 70 fletching to get the cash to buy the items in your 'poor' outfit, I have a question. Since I dont want karils and I'm gunna replace it with black d hide can I also replace karils x bow for a rune c bow with mith bolts (e)?

Nice guild as well. Best and first one i'll ever use :).

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

10/10 great guide, barrows fun minigame, ive done not too many trips and i havent gotten any drops.

but great guide for people trying a new method or even people new to barrows =D> =D> =D> this guide will be reccommended by me to my friends

Shots-Sig.jpg

Great guide! "Bookmarked!"

Im gonna use this guide for my first barrows run:P

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Best barrows guide I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

Covers everything that needs to be covered and plenty more, and you have proof to back it up.

btw: Arkano, rune crossbow with emerald tipped mith bolts enchanted works great on Ahrim even with ranging lvl 61 and red dragonhide armor.

Levels that you need and the strategy

70+ Magic. (Hits higher)

70+ Range. (In able to use Karil.)

50+ Prayer. (So that you can kill Dharok, Karil and maybe even Ahrim all with prayer.)

60+ Attack. (70+ Recommended for using whip.)

65+ Strength. ( Again, 70+ recommended for getting up KC.)

70+ Defence. (Imperative if you are going to kill them no prayer, which I'm assuming you are since you are reading this guide.) Now there is a little bit of a change here. If you have 80 or lower Defense then I would suggest brining a Torags plate for using against Verac and possibly Guthan.

75+ Hitpoints. (Needed so you can survive.)

-----

Taken from the Black salamander strategy. VERY big mistake in this. For Black Salamander you need 70 Attack 70 Range and 70 Range. You say 60+ Attack. If you only had 60 attack and someone was trying this they'd be pretty mad finding out they need 70. And It's really annoying seeing it wrong...

Click here for my Falador World 2 Bank/Park and Price Guide

Clicky click for Recipe for Disaster Weapons and Gloves Guide!

Proud owner of a Woodcutting Cape - Sunday, Febuary 11th, 2007

Proud owner of a Flecthing Cape - Sunday December 16th, 2007

But also, because all my friends are bugging me to make it.

I assume that was refering to me... -.- lol!

Very, very, very nice my friend. I will use it once I get... Well, once I get some good combat stats. Thanks for FINALLY finishing it.

Yep, I was refering to you.

wow alota quotes...lol

nice but i should remind you it is very easy to use full veracs w/ d mace for spec :roll: peace out!

Pq2ZGTAS.jpg