Saru's Guide on how to do Barrows. Every way included!

Saru Inc

Slayer dart doesn't need magic bonus. Or else you'd have to wear magic robes while Dking and stoff :ohnoes:
That's actually arguable. The fact is that Rex and the melee brothers have horrid mage def, and you'd be fine no matter what you casted.

the%20zephyrus.gif

The%20Zephyrus.gif

Click (above) for my blog!!

runemcw,the%20zephyrus.gif

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer dart doesn't need magic bonus. Or else you'd have to wear magic robes while Dking and stoff :ohnoes:
That's actually arguable. The fact is that Rex and the melee brothers have horrid mage def, and you'd be fine no matter what you casted.

Yea, its been tested. Duy got owned?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Help me plz

lol

i'm gonna do the 'poor' method lol when i finish up 70 range and some other goals...i was actually plannin on pestering you when we did the easter event together for a guide, but oh well lol...dang.

Help me plz

lol

i'm gonna do the 'poor' method lol when i finish up 70 range and some other goals...i was actually plannin on pestering you when we did the easter event together for a guide, but oh well lol...dang.

LOL, I beat you too it eh?

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Give me feedback guys.

Man last night it took me 10 minutes from the login screen to log in and walked to ahrims tomb and lagged out for 10 more minutes :lol: :-w . Hopefull I can get on tonight, if I don't then I will start making the sallie guide otherwise it will be started tommarow. I also might need to let you take some pictures for it (I'll give you stuff to wield) because one option requires guthans (which I don't have ::' )

Getting another sig

[removed]

Man last night it took me 10 minutes from the login screen to log in and walked to ahrims tomb and lagged out for 10 more minutes :lol: :-w . Hopefull I can get on tonight, if I don't then I will start making the sallie guide otherwise it will be started tommarow. I also might need to let you take some pictures for it (I'll give you stuff to wield) because one option requires guthans (which I don't have ::' )

Dang it. I don't have Guthan. I sold and bought Veracs and Drag chain. :-w

This is a very good guide and I think you have done a superb job with it. However, I think for me the method and equipment isn't quite right. At the moment I am experimenting with different methods and this one doesn't work for me.

I am sorry to be so overly critical, after all it is a REALLY good guide.

10/10.

Wow, this'll definitely be an AOW. Good job on the guide man. I'm gunna give it a 10/10 because it explains everything so well. Keep it up and I'm looking forward to fighting the brothers with you some more.

P.S. now that you have tried the Veracs method, how does it compare?

Elferin.png

Wow, this'll definitely be an AOW. Good job on the guide man. I'm gunna give it a 10/10 because it explains everything so well. Keep it up and I'm looking forward to fighting the brothers with you some more.

P.S. now that you have tried the Veracs method, how does it compare?

Its cheaper, but annoying cause you get hit more, and it takes longer.

If enough people want to, I'll add in a Veracs part on the guide.

To bfl,I'm pretty sure this guide is for people who really know what they are doing. There are already plenty of guides out there that inform people who don't have barrows armour how to do barrows ::'
That's why I'm saying no need for things like puzzle answers or how to get there and other basic info.

Any comments on my comments saru?

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

The start on the Salamander Guide.

Ok this is a guide on how to do barrows using a Black Salamander.

1) I highly suggest that you read Saruman's guide.

2) You must know how to get to barrows where the brothers are and should have completed around 10-20 barrows trips before.

3) You must be willing to use items that are expensive and can be lost.

Using Black Salamanders at Barrows

As you might realise there are little or no guides on how to use this method at barrows so this is my personal favorite outfit that I have found.

sallyguidebo5.png

As you know all the items are there for a reason.

The armour that I am wielding- Unlike slayer dart there is more of a need for mage bonus so I suggest taking an ahrims body. Since this does not give that good a def bonus I highly suggest torags legs.

Guthix cape for the mage bonus

Rune boots for extra melle protection

Barrows gloves because they are by far the best gloves in the game

Glory because it gives good mage, range and melle bonus and only costs 60k (verses a 4.6mil fury)

Ring of life because it can be your life saver from lag and not paying attention.

Black Salamander this is what you will use as your weapon against all of the melle brothers.

Harrlander Tar This is the ammo for the black salamander.

Karils- because it is pretty cheap and has great mage def bonus.

Bolt racks because you will have to use these when fighting Ahrim but in the arrow slot you need your Harrlender Tar.

Rune Defender, Dragon Dagger, and Whip These are all to use when you melle Karil and for getting your kill count up in the tunnels.

Prayer potion, spade, telle tablet, and super str + attack pot- The prayer potion is for me incase I lag out. With this method I do not normally use a prayer pot. The spade of course is to get into the crypts. The telle tablets is my way of getting out of barrows, I telle home recharge my prayer and then use my karyhl telleport chamber in my house. The super str and attack potions are optional, I personally use these because I have plenty of them and they make it faster for me to kill Karil and the monsters in the tunnels.

Levels that you need and the stradegy

70+ Magic. (Hits higher)

70+ Range. (In able to use Karil.)

50+ Prayer. (So that you can kill Dharok, Karil and maybe even Ahrim all with prayer.)

60+ Attack. (70+ Recommended for using whip.)

65+ Strength. ( Again, 70+ recommended for getting up KC.)

70+ Defence. (Imperative if you are going to kill them no prayer, which I'm assuming you are since you are reading this guide.) Now there is a little bit of a change here. If you have 80 or lower Defense then I would suggest brining a Torags plate for using against Verac and possibly Guthan.

75+ Hitpoints. (Needed so you can survive. )

Killing the brothers.

Using the Salamander- You will want to make sure that whenever killing the melle brothers you have it set to using the magic attack otherwise you will not hit much at all. Although it has a melle and range option all do not use it to kill Ahrim or Karil. I have tried this and it does not hit well at all. Other then this use the same method as Saruman explains above (I am not going to repeat it)!

The only difference is that before fighting Karil drink 1 dose of you super str + attack potion (if you are using them). Also for Verac and Guthan- If you have lower then 80 defense I would suggest using a torag plate while attacking them as they tend to hit high. Expirement with this though and decide what works best for you.

The Tunnels

It is a little bit diferent in the tunnels when using a salamander. First and foremost you cannot use safespots. Also as I said before still use a whip etc in the tunnels do not use the salamander as you melle weapon. Use the same method to getting to the center as in Saru's guide and also listed there is a answers to the riddles. One extra tip I have is if you get to the chest and you have a melle brother that you will need to use prayer on (such as dharok) get your salamander wielded, turn auto retaliate off and make sure you have it set to mage mode and then wait until you see the face appear, drink a prayer pot and then open the chest. That way you maximise the time your prayer lasts \' .

Thats all for now tell me if there is anything to change etc!

Getting another sig

[removed]

To bfl,I'm pretty sure this guide is for people who really know what they are doing. There are already plenty of guides out there that inform people who don't have barrows armour how to do barrows ::'
That's why I'm saying no need for things like puzzle answers or how to get there and other basic info.

Any comments on my comments saru?

Oh, well, i just put them there. Cause I still have friends who know what they are doing, yet still get the puzzles wrong.... Also, I was bored. :XD:

Heres something i do, when fighting karil i use "Ultimate Reflexes" as well as Protect from Range. It makes me kill Karil so much faster ::'

10/10 for your guide

Ok, well, if you want I'll put that in. But its not the way I do it cause then you might have to drink a dose of restore.

Nice guide duder :)

Thanks. Your a cool duder also. :P

The start on the Salamander Guide.

Ok this is a guide on how to do barrows using a Black Salamander.

1) I highly suggest that you read Saruman's guide.

2) You must know how to get to barrows where the brothers are and should have completed around 10-20 barrows trips before.

3) You must be willing to use items that are expensive and can be lost.

Using Black Salamanders at Barrows

As you might realise there are little or no guides on how to use this method at barrows so this is my personal favorite outfit that I have found.

sallyguidebo5.png

As you know all the items are there for a reason.

The armour that I am wielding- Unlike slayer dart there is more of a need for mage bonus so I suggest taking an ahrims body. Since this does not give that good a def bonus I highly suggest torags legs.

Guthix cape for the mage bonus

Rune boots for extra melle protection

Barrows gloves because they are by far the best gloves in the game

Glory because it gives good mage, range and melle bonus and only costs 60k (verses a 4.6mil fury)

Ring of life because it can be your life saver from lag and not paying attention.

Black Salamander this is what you will use as your weapon against all of the melle brothers.

Harrlander Tar This is the ammo for the black salamander.

Karils- because it is pretty cheap and has great mage def bonus.

Bolt racks because you will have to use these when fighting Ahrim but in the arrow slot you need your Harrlender Tar.

Rune Defender, Dragon Dagger, and Whip These are all to use when you melle Karil and for getting your kill count up in the tunnels.

Prayer potion, spade, telle tablet, and super str + attack pot- The prayer potion is for me incase I lag out. With this method I do not normally use a prayer pot. The spade of course is to get into the crypts. The telle tablets is my way of getting out of barrows, I telle home recharge my prayer and then use my karyhl telleport chamber in my house. The super str and attack potions are optional, I personally use these because I have plenty of them and they make it faster for me to kill Karil and the monsters in the tunnels.

Levels that you need and the stradegy

70+ Magic. (Hits higher)

70+ Range. (In able to use Karil.)

50+ Prayer. (So that you can kill Dharok, Karil and maybe even Ahrim all with prayer.)

60+ Attack. (70+ Recommended for using whip.)

65+ Strength. ( Again, 70+ recommended for getting up KC.)

70+ Defence. (Imperative if you are going to kill them no prayer, which I'm assuming you are since you are reading this guide.) Now there is a little bit of a change here. If you have 80 or lower Defense then I would suggest brining a Torags plate for using against Verac and possibly Guthan.

75+ Hitpoints. (Needed so you can survive. )

Killing the brothers.

Using the Salamander- You will want to make sure that whenever killing the melle brothers you have it set to using the magic attack otherwise you will not hit much at all. Although it has a melle and range option all do not use it to kill Ahrim or Karil. I have tried this and it does not hit well at all. Other then this use the same method as Saruman explains above (I am not going to repeat it)!

The only difference is that before fighting Karil drink 1 dose of you super str + attack potion (if you are using them). Also for Verac and Guthan- If you have lower then 80 defense I would suggest using a torag plate while attacking them as they tend to hit high. Expirement with this though and decide what works best for you.

The Tunnels

It is a little bit diferent in the tunnels when using a salamander. First and foremost you cannot use safespots. Also as I said before still use a whip etc in the tunnels do not use the salamander as you melle weapon. Use the same method to getting to the center as in Saru's guide and also listed there is a answers to the riddles. One extra tip I have is if you get to the chest and you have a melle brother that you will need to use prayer on (such as dharok) get your salamander wielded, turn auto retaliate off and make sure you have it set to mage mode and then wait until you see the face appear, drink a prayer pot and then open the chest. That way you maximise the time your prayer lasts \' .

Thats all for now tell me if there is anything to change etc!

Ty for this guide, I've been looking for one like this for ages and haven't found one until now :P

Gyr_Falcon5.png

Gyr_Falcon5.png

Nice, guide. But, with the 'poor' outfit you do one chest right? I have done over 150 trips with just monkfish and was wearing rune. Only had problems with replenishing (or whatever you write it) my runes <.< I have 70 defence and it works fine. I also don't use any prayer potions, so that isn't needed as you mentioned :wink: But, you might wan't to take a combat potion. Very handy :P

2j3qh46.jpg

I am glad to see u posted the Black Sally method. I do the crypts in the same exact order. I use the this gear but may try ur gear out.

Guthans helm

Black dhide body and chaps

Glory

Ring of life (it works)

Quest cape

Barrows gloves

Rune boots

Black Salamander

Harralander tar

Back pack:

House teletabs

Slayer staff

150 Deaths

600 Minds

Guthans Plate and legs (no spear, im not that rich / lucky)

Whip

Obby shield

Super Att/Str

Prayer pot (just in case)

Mix of Monkfish and lobsters

Spade

For the first three brothers I use black dhide and sally.

For the last three is us Guthans and Sally.

I dont have Ahrims top but I have the skirt and Guthix cape. Would Farseer helm be better than Neitznot Helm? I enjoy all the 20s and 19s I get with the Sally and the "awe" factor of using something different.

I carry around the Slayer staff for safe spotting or if the sally is having a cold streak.lol

I still think Jagex has a prayer bug. I clicked Prot from Melee and nothin happened on first click, 36 pts later from Dharok, I click again and prayer goes on as planned.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

You know the way I barrow saru, it does me fine. But I have to ask you, why the hate for karil tunnels, the only time I've ever really been in trouble with a karil tunnel, was when my torags degraded to 0 without me noticing, so karil ripped through my +20 range defense, and even with my method, most of the time i'll have over 70% of my monks left, sometimes only using 2-3 monks a trip.