Dropping barrows items

Abraham1123

Or...you can simply note it then drop it.

You can't note barrows.Ever.

...Oh so my noted Guthans Spear is a discontinued item? Wanna buy it? \'

you can only note when they are fully repaired or fully broken can you not? :P

tikruytehl33tsn7.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you think about it, its like an egg, when you attempt to crush it applying pressure from the top and bottom it doesnt break but when you drop it it does :-s

anyways, its runescape, in real life it would be veryt difficult (if not even possible) to run in heavy plate armour let alone jump

That actually is not true. Though beyond that, yes runescape has tons of amusing fallacies.

Taken from the Wikipedia Plate Mail section:

While it looks heavy, a full plate armour set could be as light as only 20 kg (45 pounds) if well made of tempered steel. This is less than the weight of modern combat gear of an infantry soldier, and the weight is better distributed. The weight was so well spread over the body that a fit man could run, or jump into his saddle. Modern re-enactment activity has proven it is even possible to swim in armour.[citation needed] It is possible for a fit and trained man in armour to run after and catch an unarmoured archer...Even knights in enormously heavy jousting armour were not winched onto their horses. This type of "sporting" armour was meant only for ceremonial lancing matches and the design had to be extremely thick to prevent severe accidents, such as the one causing the death of King Henry II of France.

sir%20nomad.gif

Shouldn't barrows armor be able to witstand the ground?

No.

a truely well thought out post. You have opened a whole new door on the meaning of life with that wise post. May I ask you a question? Where do you find your inparation for posts like these?

anyway, on topic:

It breaks because the ground has strong un-undead forces, and strong undead forces. These forces attract a repel the barrows armour (because it is from undead ghosts) so strongly, that even the slightest touch will shater it.

If you are looking for a real answer, if it didn't shatter when dropped, it would be pointless to make it untradable at (75), (50), and (25).

No.

a truely well thought out post. You have opened a whole new door on the meaning of life with that wise post. May I ask you a question? Where do you find your inparation for posts like these?

.[/size]

I know this is pointless

And it merits posts that aren't very serious

Therefore

Do something...

s_8565a17f616e9f2a1e3b291949477a57.jpg

I think barrows armor can't degrade inside the tunnels because I used a Karils x bow there for a first time and it didn't degrade which would explain why armour pieces don't break when they get dropped when you don't have room.

Just an average player with a horrible name...

No.

.[/size]

I know this is pointless

And it merits posts that aren't very serious

Therefore

Do something...

s_8565a17f616e9f2a1e3b291949477a57.jpg

Sad Nerd IRL

it does make sense. The only way to trade it is to have it at 0 or at perfect, and they can't distinguish between 100 or 50 or whatnot, so it just goes to 0 so it's tradable and everyone can see it.

EDIT: Diamond won't break btw, unless you drop it from an extremely high hight.

diamond really strong stone but if you drop it, it will break
This guys got a point. im sure if u droped a huge as diamond from a considerable height it would take some severe damage, but its tough enough to scratch virtually any other material (dont bother getting technical im sure some things are tougher then diamonds.)

Dragon_Scyth.png

"Boredom got me playing, Boredom stops me from playing. It's a vicious cycle."

Do not question Andrew's psychoticness

There's little logic in ents, nature spirits, ghosts, and how a weak shield can withstand the mightiest dragon flame, but no one questions those, now do they?

And the sandwitch lady...Talking frogs.....No logic=) But RuneScape is for fun,so everything can happen there!

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

If you ever read that book about the Barrows... you'll know what i say:

Once after the God Wars, the brothers were buryed alive under the ground. They never saw the day light again. Thousands of people come to kill them, and they can not survive.

They don't like the ground because they're UNDER it.

About this story, it's maked up.

About the topic: have you thought that if you could have an option of dropping the item UNDER the floor, that would probably work on barrows items? :-k

CentriX_2.png

modashpatienceskilldm3.png

Dragon Drops : Axe, Shield Left Half

Dk drops : Axe, Zerker (X3)

Barrow drops : Torag Plate (X3), Ahrim Robeskirt, Dharok Legs

GWD drops : Sara Sword, Bandos Tassets, Zammy Spear

Kill thomas what the hell.....You have maxed Evertying lol did u like hack sigs lol?......Well i would say because there is evil spirits in the armor and when its droped they come out and the armor breaks =D Just my theory lol.

If I were to try to make any logic of this matter I would say:

It is the ultimate Warriors Armor. No Warrior is to hit the ground. No warrior is to lose his armor. When either happen the Magical armor shatters itself in the name of the previous owner.

One must fix it in his name for it is now his armor.

... but again... it's RS and thus it is a game... no real logic other then it is fun for most

Runescape also has frog shooting bazookas. Its not supposed to make sense, the only reason its like that is because whatever programmer designed it thought it would be a useful feature at the time.

diamond really strong stone but if you drop it, it will break
This guys got a point. im sure if u droped a huge as diamond from a considerable height it would take some severe damage, but its tough enough to scratch virtually any other material (dont bother getting technical im sure some things are tougher then diamonds.)

Actually diamonds are the hardest thing on earth, just to confirm your thoughts and are capable of scratching any other material. They score a 10 on the Moh's hardness scale (that is the highest you can possibly get) but they are not the toughest material on earth. Toughness refers to its resistance to being crushed, which is similar to what happens when something is dropped. A stone such as jade for example, is much softer, than diamond, meaning it will be scratched easilier, but it is much tougher than diamond, meaning it will take much more force to crush it.

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

Actually diamonds are the hardest thing on earth, just to confirm your thoughts and are capable of scratching any other material. They score a 10 on the Moh's hardness scale (that is the highest you can possibly get) but they are not the toughest material on earth. Toughness refers to its resistance to being crushed, which is similar to what happens when something is dropped. A stone such as jade for example, is much softer, than diamond, meaning it will be scratched easilier, but it is much tougher than diamond, meaning it will take much more force to crush it.

If that's true, then RS isn't by the book (fine with me) - but since when you craft Diamonds they NEVER crush, but Jades crush into dust sometimes once you try to chisel them, the opposite of you saying they'd be easier to scratch, lol.

They shatter due to the leaving of the aura of the worthy the armour becomes annoyed and expend its hitpoints to actually pull the ground up to them, by a complex series of thermo-chemomantic reactions, such extertations cause the armour in question to melt upon contact with a larger mass, most commonly the ground.

because its ancient...but that doesnt explain its tremendous defence.

even if you drop it on a body of grass itll still shatter. even a cup is tougher. :lol:

thats amazing... ive seen barrows armor on the ground without it being broken... and it wasnt that day it was released it was 8 months after it was released.

and it may not explain its defense capabilities but it hints to things that are brittle such as concrete. when you pour concrete on the ground you can drive over it with 50 ton tanks for 20years or more on a regular basis and it will do nothing but maybe cause minor cracks that even the simplest of brick layers could patch with mortar and a trowel.

how does that relate? well when use properly like i described above it is resilient and strong durable and considerably superior to alot of things in more ways then 1.

now if you took a sold concrete block and started pounding on it with a hammer, you do a 10,000th of the pressure of a tank? and ull break it? or if you hoisted it on top of 2 pillars 1 end of the block each being held up by different pillars. the center of it could not hold much weight... maybe a ton?

Exactly... there was some construction being done the other day in my neighborhood. There was a large piece of tarmac, and a backhoe, which must weigh 2-3 tons, was pushing on it trying to break it, and the 2-3 ton machine was lifted into the air, and the tarmac didn't break.

Then a guy took a sledgehammer and bashed it to pieces.

Yes, the world's weird. :|

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.